Turning issues

• Thread starter Alsoran
  • 29 comments
Uruguay
Uruguay
I searched and have not found anything on this, so I am asking. I have a little OCD. I have never finished playing any of the Gran Turismo games as I have to drive every car in a certain order through every track they will run. I don’t tune, i just have fun with what I have. Anyway, I have ran into an issue that happens with a few cars that seem to be random that will continue turning when coming out of a corner without my input. I will try to explain a little better. I am using the standard PS5 controllers, happens with both controllers, and is predictably random. Meaning, it will happen in the same corner, but only with certain cars. Some instances can be avoided by knowing the issue, but loses a lot of time. I know the original Beetle is one of the cars affected, the 208 GTI by Peugeot, I think it is the 70 Mustang is also affected. Most people would probably just say to pass on these cars, but that is a bit of an issue with my OCD. Anyone else have this issue? Hope someone has an answer. I believe it is a glitch in the system.

I’ve found when I use remote play there is lag in the controller inputs which result in this behaviour, however it’s never happened when I’m playing normally!

As mentioned above, a video would be helpful. A video with the inputs, even better.

Just from reading though, you're sure it's not oversteer? Or some cars when braking too aggressively while turning can cause the car to slide.

If your controllers are old/worn, possibly stick drift?

Quite a few cars refuse to turn on particularly angled corners, like the final turns at Deep Forest or Road Atlanta in the Sierra. Maybe this is a similar situation.

If I was smart enough to post a video, I would. I am old school and not real tech savvy. Anyway, it acts like oversteer, however, it continues further than it should. I am not the greatest driver, I will accept that, but I can tell it is a glitch issue. An example, on Brands Hatch coming out of the first turn, while accelerating, if you slightly turn to straighten the car up, I had several times it drove the car directly into the inner barrier. Oversteer, I get, but there is plenty of time to back off and straighten the car up, but that does not happen, and into the barrier it goes. I was hoping someone else may have experienced this, and had a suggestion. And to answer the question on if the steering help is on, I don’t think so.

I am not the greatest driver, I will accept that, but I can tell it is a glitch issue. An example, on Brands Hatch coming out of the first turn, while accelerating, if you slightly turn to straighten the car up, I had several times it drove the car directly into the inner barrier.
Sounds to me like you just need some practice!

Turn 1 in Brands Hatch is brutal, as it drops downhill, making it easy to lose the car with less friction available.
If I was smart enough to post a video, I would. I am old school and not real tech savvy.
However, as much as it pains me to say this, examples via visual representation would help greatly.

Last edited:
If this happened with every car, or at least with similar cars I would agree with you. However, when driving the Beetle and coming out of a corner with the controller in a left turn, but the car continues to go right, there is a problem. This isn’t just the Brands Hatch corner, and yes, I would agree with you if I had just started playing and wasn’t aware of the dynamics. You can disagree with me all you want, but it is not driver error. I mess up enough, I know when I do it. I can run the same car in a different race on the same track and it doesn’t do this. I would love to show, just don’t know how.

I would love to show, just don’t know how.
PS5 is constantly recording your screen, all you have to do is press the Share button and select how many past seconds/minutes you wish to save.

Then you just need to upload (and preferrably trim) the video.

Well that's not a fun disorder to have. How does it manifest? I assume you're on an SSRI to mitigate symptoms?

If I was smart enough to post a video, I would.

And it's the same for PS5, only the button is now called "Create". It's even in the same place.

Also 49 isn't "old school". You're nearer my age than my brother's, and he was soldering RAM chips into his ZX Spectrum when he was a teen...

Last edited:
I searched and have not found anything on this, so I am asking. I have a little OCD. I have never finished playing any of the Gran Turismo games as I have to drive every car in a certain order through every track they will run. I don’t tune, i just have fun with what I have. Anyway, I have ran into an issue that happens with a few cars that seem to be random that will continue turning when coming out of a corner without my input. I will try to explain a little better. I am using the standard PS5 controllers, happens with both controllers, and is predictably random. Meaning, it will happen in the same corner, but only with certain cars. Some instances can be avoided by knowing the issue, but loses a lot of time. I know the original Beetle is one of the cars affected, the 208 GTI by Peugeot, I think it is the 70 Mustang is also affected. Most people would probably just say to pass on these cars, but that is a bit of an issue with my OCD. Anyone else have this issue? Hope someone has an answer. I believe it is a glitch in the system.

Let me know exactly which cars and on what tyres you're having the issue and I'll give them a go. Is it possible you've applied weird tune to these cars and forgotten?

I had the same issue a few months ago. I though that was a kind of bug (especially because all started after an update) until I paused the game as it was hapening again : I saw my cursor move to the right all by itself into the menu.

My D-Pad was broken...

Let me know exactly which cars and on what tyres you're having the issue and I'll give them a go. Is it possible you've applied weird tune to these cars and forgotten?
I was going to say something similar.

What (if any) adjustments have you made to the cars you're experiencing this issue with? I have had instances like this with cars that were lowered too much. The wheels would seem to hang up in certain turns when under load, etc. I raise them up until I reached a height where the issue would resolve.

Ok, the next question, is there anywhere to report this glitch? It doesn’t sound like anyone here has had the same problem. Everyone is pointing to a handling problem and such, however, that is not the case. I can’t explain it, but just experienced it again with the Boss 429 Mustang. It is not lowered, as a matter of a fact, all I do is but the hop up parts, put the racing soft tires on when they will last and push play. I don’t take time to set up any car, as I will never get through this with my OCD. Anyway, with the car today, after it sent me lost into the infield, I just drove around the track a a slow speed, and it still would lock the steering at times and take me off the track, though not as bad. I have been playing GT since it came out, and this is not a driving issue, or a handling issue. I would have thought a controller issue if it was every car, but it is not, only certain cars, and I don’t think it matters what track. Or what corner. Thanks anyway.

Ok, the next question, is there anywhere to report this glitch? It doesn’t sound like anyone here has had the same problem. Everyone is pointing to a handling problem and such, however, that is not the case. I can’t explain it, but just experienced it again with the Boss 429 Mustang. It is not lowered, as a matter of a fact, all I do is but the hop up parts, put the racing soft tires on when they will last and push play. I don’t take time to set up any car, as I will never get through this with my OCD. Anyway, with the car today, after it sent me lost into the infield, I just drove around the track a a slow speed, and it still would lock the steering at times and take me off the track, though not as bad. I have been playing GT since it came out, and this is not a driving issue, or a handling issue. I would have thought a controller issue if it was every car, but it is not, only certain cars, and I don’t think it matters what track. Or what corner. Thanks anyway.

Let me know exactly which cars and on what tyres you're having the issue and I'll give them a go.

The offer is still here. I've tried driving the cars you've mentioned but can't feel any problems but I may be on different tyres to you. Again, video of your gameplay would help immensely.

the Boss 429 Mustang. It is not lowered, as a matter of a fact, all I do is but the hop up parts, put the racing soft tires on when they will last and push play. I don’t take time to set up any car, as I will never get through this with my OCD. Anyway, with the car today, after it sent me lost into the infield, I just drove around the track a a slow speed, and it still would lock the steering at times and take me off the track, though not as bad.
Have you fitted racing suspension, wide body and fitted wide rims and wide offset to the Mustang Boss 429 '69?

If you have, then the wheels are hitting off the inside of the wheel arches as they're too wide. This causes the steering to stick and the car to crash. Either raise the ride height or use normal width wheels.

It doesn’t matter what tire I use, these cars will glitch for whatever reason. Doesn’t matter the track or any other parameter that I can find. They will stick no matter what is done.

It doesn’t matter what tire I use, these cars will glitch for whatever reason. Doesn’t matter the track or any other parameter that I can find. They will stick no matter what is done.
I've driven the cars you've mentioned and don't experience this so don't believe there's a glitch. Any joy with some gameplay video so we can help trouble shoot this with you?

OK. Do you want to try and answer the question I asked?

Have you fitted racing suspension, wide body and fitted wide rims and wide offset to the Mustang Boss 429 '69?

It’s a wide body, I don’t lower anything, and whatever rims are part of the package of the paint I downloaded for the car. It does the same thing on this car that it does on a couple others. Unless the downloads that you can put on the car changes the set ups of the cars. They are all just like they started.

is there anywhere to report this glitch?
PD would also ask for as much detail as possible and then have to work out what exactly is different between your car and the one that for example watto would be using.
A glitched setup can be recreated 100% of the time, so other players would be able to confirm.

And while we are at that: is there something preventing you from creating a video of the issue, Famine has provided the information necessary.
Otherwise, you could create screenshots of your cars setup so watto or anyone else can use the very identical setup and either try out.

It’s a wide body, I don’t lower anything, and whatever rims are part of the package of the paint I downloaded for the car. It does the same thing on this car that it does on a couple others. Unless the downloads that you can put on the car changes the set ups of the cars. They are all just like they started.
I've never paid any real attention to this so correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that when you apply a 'style' from another user, you also apply their suspension settings by default, so Daan might be onto something here.

I've never paid any real attention to this so correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that when you apply a 'style' from another user, you also apply their suspension settings by default, so Daan might be onto something here.
Not true, as you can apply a style that has racing suspension on it, even if your car is otherwise stock.

There’s your answer right there, racing soft tires on stock road car suspension will do very wonky things to a car. Those cars aren’t meant to have that much grip, so the suspension does weird things when you overload it. Use the stock tires, or one spec up, and you won’t have that issue.

Last edited:
I asked if you fitted racing suspension. I didn't ask if you'd lowered it. Racing suspension is set lower than normal suspension.

I tried a stock Boss Mustang and it was fine. I then tried a wide body Boss Mustang with wide wheels and offset (still on sports hards) and racing suspension (on default settings) and it was not fine. The wheels were sticking and getting caught by the wheel arches.

I'm pretty certain the wheels are hitting the wheel arches of the cars that you say are affected by this.

But if you don't want to check, then I'm fine.

Last edited:
It doesn’t sound like anyone here has had the same problem. Everyone is pointing to a handling problem and such, however, that is not the case. I can’t explain it, but just experienced it again with the Boss 429 Mustang. It is not lowered, as a matter of a fact, all I do is but the hop up parts, put the racing soft tires on when they will last and push play. I don’t take time to set up any car, as I will never get through this with my OCD.
I as well as others have had the issue. I even mentioned it early on in my own post. ....and yes, I have had the same experience (as like Daan) with simply fitting custom suspension without any alterations to its initial setup. On several cars I have found the fully customizable suspension (for example) was too low for the car it was added to. I had to bring up the ride height quite a bit in some cases so it wouldn't hang up. In fact, most times I do adjust it higher than default. I also adjust a lot of other settings to better match the car I added the suspension to but the ride height is your likely problem in this scenario.

To repeat, I have had the issue where the car would continue to turn and result in a spin-out and/or crash. It's easy to adjust the ride height and I would play with this first before exploring the possibility of a controller problem, glitch, etc.

Last edited:
Back