TuT...What did they do...

United Kingdom
bristol
smokebeer
I am not sure what they done to the road cars and the weather in the patch but tonight's online session was an absolute blast the sunsets in drying conditions
were amazing to look at on the ps pro. I'll admit I haven't been happy with the way my wheel was feeling trying the race cars since the patch so I gave up and went for some fun in the lower class road cars the 288 was my 1st pick and I used my old setup from before the patch just to see if it worked ok it was fine and the ffb felt sweet with some nice feelings as the fronts locked up then we went 4x4s and rain lol good fun the puddles didn't seem quiet so harsh if you were careful.
so my advice stop driving around in gt3s all night and try some road cars ;)

I've lost count on the many times I have said, and not just in this forum that you folks will not know the actual level of PC2 tire model until you drive road cars, with a wheel of course if possible.

I understand that younglings like GT3 and all that but..., just look at what kind of things you can do even on cars that only GT (cars) guys label as either death traps or undrivable:

It is only through trying something like this that you eventually find out the absolute superiority of PC2 current street tire model and physics over the rest present in the market, with of course the exception of rfactor2.

And those who drive GT cars only..., then I have to say that currently, as of now GTE cars behave like a dream, so go racing them a bit and find it out for yourselves. They are a blast. Or of course GT1 too or Group5. Those won't get old too.

A bit slow that one : - D
You advocate for others to branch out from what's familiar or conventional, yet you don't know the joy of driving slow cars fast? Or rather, a "slow" car, in the case of the 2.8 RSR? :P :)

The same superb tire model gives the slower cars the freedom to actually rotate and get active, in a manner you don't get with the same sort of cars in less-realistic sims or games. It's the whole point of why I favor cars that some would say "don't belong" in a racing simulator like PCARS2 -- because a sim like this is the only thing that does those cars justice.

While I was there we had an internal guidance: "Road cars finance the race cars."

Meaning the road cars were generally more popular and attracted attention (notice the first car can revealed was the 720S road car) which helped "fund" the more competitive race cars such as the ultra popular GT3 (iirc pc2 at launch offered the highest count of gt3 race cars).

So there needs to be a healthy balance driven by economics, more casual players are attracted by road cars rather than "ugly" race cars with stickers and wings. But it's difficult to balance road cars so the racing competition and all the e-sports excitement (which FM7, GTS and upcoming AC:C focusing on) could only be conducted with homologated cars.

While I was there we had an internal guidance: "Road cars finance the race cars."

Meaning the road cars were generally more popular and attracted attention (notice the first car can revealed was the 720S road car) which helped "fund" the more competitive race cars such as the ultra popular GT3 (iirc pc2 at launch offered the highest count of gt3 race cars).

So there needs to be a healthy balance driven by economics, more casual players are attracted by road cars rather than "ugly" race cars with stickers and wings. But it's difficult to balance road cars so the racing competition and all the e-sports excitement (which FM7, GTS and upcoming AC:C focusing on) could only be conducted with homologated cars.
You may not be there already at development with SMS, but given the current street tire model and the dirt physics (rallycross and Ice Racing, no pun intended lol), don't you think next project of theirs should focus on making a game, half like like Driveclub was, all about countryside tracks and facory car racing but of course with these physics, and the other part about point to point Rallying?

Why I think this way?, I can't name any other game in the market with road car and Dirt physics this good, and when Assetto Competizione comes, the competition for SMS in what It comes to GT cars racing will be too harsh already, specially because the online model (with matchmaking, good netcode and gathering all players in just one place where you can always find those ****** GT3 races...) the are approaching to seems to be impossible to achieve for SMS. They have tried with this licence thing in pc2, but that of course is not enough.

There's serious issues with releasing games like project cars that want to be the jack of all trades (road racing, gt, dirt, lmp, openwheel etc). One, is that when you go online, all those who don't like GT3 or GT racing at all are 99% dispersed; fragmented, with a lot of trouble to gather just a handful of players in a single lobby. On the other hand, other games like assetto competizione (soon) or GT sport you just jump in the matchmaking thing, and all players are already there, playing the same GT thing, having always loads of folks to play with. In Project cars that does not happen at all, and that is a problem.

So if the market is already filled with too powerful opponents in the GT cars online racing department, such as iracing, GTsport and soon Assetto Competizione (this will be the final blow to Project Cars 2 online community), why not seeking for what I was talking about when you seem to be the best already at doing it (road car and dirt racing)?

I really believe that the future of Project Cars physics is all about drifting. Extreme factory car racing on country side tracks, like a new Driveclub game but with good physics now, and point to point rally. That is what I have learnt after seven months of intense fun and testing with Project Cars 2, and I think SMS could finally find their place there, after so many years of effort.

Also, I didn't know that road cars in a racing game were there for cattering the casuals. Do you really think that messing around with a stripped from all assists hypercar beast (and "lesser" SuperSport Cars as well) is meant for casuals?, I don't think so man, but straight away the other way around. Pretty much for the hardcore only.

I've been waiting an eternity to have a driveclub-like game but with realistic physics, found it in pc2, but sadly we have the lack of players problem I've talked about above. But this fragmentation or lack of players happens in a game like project cars only, that tries to gather so much. I mean there's a huge market there waiting to be exploited thanks to these new road car physics.

Be the first to catter us, and avoid direct competition with iracing GT and Assetto Competizione. There's so many of us waiting for something like this. You can bet on that.

Last edited:
Sounds cool but I bet the kids will moan they cant swop out the engine for some 1000bhp monster or fit stage 3 turbo's or have a choice of 10 different rear wings ;)

At least we agree tuning (car parts modding) would be forbidden in such hypothetical game! : - D

Anyway, so that's what casuals like about road cars then?, would they really modify exotic (supersports and hypersports) car aspect?

The idea would be a driveclub game but with project cars 2 physics, not a need for speed game with pc2 physics heheh. And yeah the classes I would use be exactly the same ones we see in driveclub. Just those five that contain cool cars for everybody, from the happy Hot hatches to the glorious hyper cars found in that game too (best selection ever btw)

At least we agree tuning (car parts modding) would be forbidden in such hypothetical game! : - D

Anyway, so that's what casuals like about road cars then?, would they really modify exotic (supersports and hypersports) car aspect?

The idea would be a driveclub game but with project cars 2 physics, not a need for speed game with pc2 physics heheh. And yeah the classes I would use be exactly the same ones we see in driveclub. Just those five that contain cool cars for everybody, from the happy Hot hatches to the glorious hyper cars found in that game too (best selection ever btw)

I would love to be able to put some hot rims on my gtr :drool::)

Last edited:
I understand that younglings like GT3 and all that but...

(Snip)

You may not be there already at development with SMS, but given the current street tire model and the dirt physics (rallycross and Ice Racing, no pun intended lol), don't you think next project of theirs should focus on making a game, half like like Driveclub was, all about countryside tracks and facory car racing but of course with these physics, and the other part about point to point Rallying?

Why I think this way?, I can't name any other game in the market with road car and Dirt physics this good, and when Assetto Competizione comes, the competition for SMS in what It comes to GT cars racing will be too harsh already, specially because the online model (with matchmaking, good netcode and gathering all players in just one place where you can always find those ****** GT3 races...) the are approaching to seems to be impossible to achieve for SMS. They have tried with this licence thing in pc2, but that of course is not enough.

There's serious issues with releasing games like project cars that want to be the jack of all trades (road racing, gt, dirt, lmp, openwheel etc). One, is that when you go online, all those who don't like GT3 or GT racing at all are 99% dispersed; fragmented, with a lot of trouble to gather just a handful of players in a single lobby. On the other hand, other games like assetto competizione (soon) or GT sport you just jump in the matchmaking thing, and all players are already there, playing the same GT thing, having always loads of folks to play with. In Project cars that does not happen at all, and that is a problem.

So if the market is already filled with too powerful opponents in the GT cars online racing department, such as iracing, GTsport and soon Assetto Competizione (this will be the final blow to Project Cars 2 online community), why not seeking for what I was talking about when you seem to be the best already at doing it (road car and dirt racing)?

I really believe that the future of Project Cars physics is all about drifting. Extreme factory car racing on country side tracks, like a new Driveclub game but with good physics now, and point to point rally. That is what I have learnt after seven months of intense fun and testing with Project Cars 2, and I think SMS could finally find their place there, after so many years of effort.

Also, I didn't know that road cars in a racing game were there for cattering the casuals. Do you really think that messing around with a stripped from all assists hypercar beast (and "lesser" SuperSport Cars as well) is meant for casuals?, I don't think so man, but straight away the other way around. Pretty much for the hardcore only.

I've been waiting an eternity to have a driveclub-like game but with realistic physics, found it in pc2, but sadly we have the lack of players problem I've talked about above. But this fragmentation or lack of players happens in a game like project cars only, that tries to gather so much. I mean there's a huge market there waiting to be exploited thanks to these new road car physics.

Be the first to catter us, and avoid direct competition with iracing GT and Assetto Competizione. There's so many of us waiting for something like this. You can bet on that.

I am on board with you on the physics, but couldn't disagree more on the direction of Project Cars. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but if yours came true I can guarantee myself and I'm sure plenty of others wouldn't be there to go along for the ride.

I go to Project Cars as a sort of iRacing-lite: properly balanced racing with real-life sportscar classes on an awesome catalogue of real-world circuits and realistic physics. Everything else, for me, is just fluff. I like that I can do the Daytona 500 or Indy 500, and the vintage F1 cars on classic tracks have recently captured my imagination, but it still comes down to proper class racing at the end of the day. I'll take some of my favorite road cars for a spin every now and again, but they hold little interest for me overall.

If I wanted to drive street cars around, I would probably still be in Gran Turismo. Great selection (GT6), a fair amount of tracks, and great visuals. The thing is I want actual racing. I race offline because I don't have the time to meet up online, and I prefer endurance races and AI don't disconnect just because they crashed early on. Take that racing away and I'm looking elsewhere.

As a child, I was all about supercars - Ferrari's and Lambo's mostly - I dreamed about them and had posters and calendars and the like. Later, I liked modding them in NFS Pro Street and driving flat out on point-to-point courses. Since then I've matured, and now I prefer the sportscar racing I didn't have the least bit of interest in 20 years ago. That is only my personal experience, of course, and we all arrive at different destinations down different paths.

Now, just because I am currently working my way up with GT3 as my goal (I'm working at being more competitive and consistent in GT4 at the moment), doesn't make me a so-called youngin' - no more than you wanting to drive street cars with awesome physics makes you. Still, I do believe street cars appeal more to casual car enthusiasts and general racing fans. I think the physics is what appeals to the more hardcore among us, whether we prefer the street or the track. That should unite us, not divide.

If Project Cars 3 wants to expand on street cars/rally/point-to-point racing that's fine by me, but I want it to focus first and foremost on circuit racing with class cars. Optimize the current feature list, perfect the AI, improve multiplayer, and flesh out the car classes that we currently have. Then add more content. I would even be fine with a modding/upgrade system for street cars (only!) similiar to the NFS Shift series where you could take a street car and turn it into a true track day monster.

I understand what you're saying about a fractured community, but I think a better response would be more online tools and just better online performance across the board, not giving up on the main part of the game. There is so much potential here if it could only be optimized!

As someone who races in leagues I want Project Cars to be just what it is..... Namely a one stop shop for many different kinds of racing. If Project Cars was merely focused on a narrow set of motorsports we would have to run several different games in our leagues at once which would be a nightmare in terms of player recruitment and also cost.

Keep doing what you are doing SMS and keep building on this idea of being the most complete race sim on the market. This game is superb.

I don't think it's the right idea to continue supporting GT3 racing when Competizione will be all about it, and licensed with full official stuff.

GT3 is what the folks seem to like the most. Most lobies we see have been confirming this trend for a while already. I mean when ACC is finally released we will lose the already small community we have in a matter of days.

Project Cars must switch its motorsports attention to other areas, whether street or dirt only. Current physics support it.

I wouldn't mind a full GT1 and GT2 only game from the golden nineties era, but I don't think they will find a big market over there too.

I don't think it's the right idea to continue supporting GT3 racing when Competizione will be all about it, and licensed with full official stuff.

GT3 is what the folks seem to like the most. Most lobies we see have been confirming this trend for a while already. I mean when ACC is finally released we will lose the already small community we have in a matter of days.

Project Cars must switch its motorsports attention to other areas, whether street or dirt only. Current physics support it.

I wouldn't mind a full GT1 and GT2 only game from the golden nineties era, but I don't think they will find a big market over there too.
ACC is PC only so I imagine will have little to no impact for the console player numbers.

You seem to think ACC will kill off PC2. Why? Assetto Corsa is merely a niche in a niche genre, a niche that at this time has many Gt3 cars but crappy servers and nearly no online presence (at least when I am on, and I am online a lot). AC's physics are dodgy at best, how is a small dev going to improve the physics to the extent that they are much better than they are now? Kunos has shown a tendency to advertise much but give little and if it were not for the mods AC would have died awhile ago.

I am not shilling for PC2, I prefer R3E but their on-line presence is worse than at AC, but Kunos needs to improve upon what they are already offering if they want to steal any players away for longer than a few days. Maybe Kunos should develop the millennial drifting fantasy game you desire, the physics are set up for it in that game already.

I would prefer that PC2 lose all road cars and concentrate on racing. I saw your video and am wondering what you are trying to prove. You could barely control that Mac and were understeering into every corner. That video proves what I have said already: Hypercars are for showing others how big you think your...is, nothing more. Driving a car fast is not sliding the rears out then going into front wheel lock when you cannot get the rears around.

That is lack of car control, not skills. I would have been more impressed if you were able to hold the turns without the semi-drift and subsequent front-wheel lock. If you were in a real Mac, driving that way, and I was in my ST driving in a quick but controlled manner I would have passed you in the second turn and left you in the dust.

Maybe stick to Forza for your drifting fantasies, or other arcade games? PC2 is fine as it is and if nothing else needs to lose the hypercars.

Everyone has opinions, right?

Back