[Tutorial] How to add the GTPSP SP Models to your garage in GT Mode

United States
The US of A
DLC Cars.png

3969818114_1b951ce86f.jpg

download.jpg
Remember these DLC cars from GTPSP? If so, you probably remember how GT5 had the ability to import them into arcade mode. While the Benz, Bugatti and Countach can be earned normally in game, the Citroen and Ferrari I think were only available in the Online Dealership before the servers closed (Which can't be viewed anymore), the Corvette and GT-R however are not available in GT Mode at all. (normally that is) Well in here I will show you how to get them in your garage on GT Mode!

What you’ll need:
PS3
GT5
(Anywhere above version 2.0)
USB flash drive (one in FAT32 format is preferred since the PS3 supports it, most flash drives are FAT32. As long as the PS3 can read it, you should be fine)
GT5 save game (Not the backup save, but the other)
GT5 Garage Editor v1.3.1 by slim355 & q-k

Once you have these taken care of, let’s get started!

1. Plug your USB flash drive into your PS3, go to save data and copy your save game to it. Their are two save games, one is the regular save, the other is the back up. We only need the regular one, you can’t copy the back up anyways.

2. Plug your USB flash drive into your computer.

3. Load the save game in the garage editor. In my case, once open the editor, I would click “Open Garage”, find my usb drive, navigate to the “PS3” folder, then “SAVEDATA” and then click on my save game. Mine is in a folder labeled “BCUS98114-GAME”, but yours might be named differently if you live outside the US.

Hint: I recommend copying and pasting your save game somewhere on your computer before opening it in the garage editor, that way if something goes wrong, you have a back up.

4. Once your save is loaded, go over to the “Items” tab and “Insert New Car Ticket”, from here you can decide what cars you want to add. The steps for each car are listed below.

Click the Bugatti tab.

Select the only Bugatti listed.

Click the “Dealer Colour” tab and select 28.
Bugatti.png

Click “Insert”.

Click the Ferrari tab.

Select the Enzo Ferrari closest to the bottom. (This is the standard version we’re looking for, the other is the premium version)
Ferrai Pick.png

Click the “Dealer Colour” tab and select 6.
Ferrari Color.png

Click “Insert”.

Click the Mercedes tab.

Select the SLR McLaren ‘03.

Click the “Dealer Colour” tab and select 2.
McLaren.png

Click “Insert”.

Click the Nissan tab.

Select the GT-R SpecV ‘09 closest to the bottom. (This is the standard version we’re looking for, the other is the premium version)
GT-R.png

Click “Insert”. (The option to select the special color for this car isn’t included in the editor, but we will fix this later)

Click the Chevrolet tab.

Select the Corvette ZR1 (C6) ‘09 closest to the bottom. (This is the standard version we’re looking for, the other is the premium version)
Corvette.png

Click “Insert”. (The option to select the special color for this car isn’t included in the editor, but we will fix this later)

Click the Lamborghini tab.

Select the Countach LP400 ‘74.

Click the “Dealer Colour” tab and select 6.

Click “Insert”.

Click the Citroen tab.

Select the Citroen GT by Citroen Concept ‘08 (This is the standard version we’re looking for, the other is the premium version)
Citroen.png

5. Select “Close Garage”, eject your USB drive and copy your save back to the PS3.

6. You should see some tickets in your “Car Delivery”, open them up and it will add them to your garage.

If you’ve done everything right, you should have the Veyron, Countach, Enzo Ferrari and McLaren in their SP model colors. If you were only after these cars, you can stop here.

The GT-R, Corvette and Citroen however will NOT have their colors when you open them. More work has to be done to get them in their SP model colors. So continue reading if you still want them.

7. Once you’ve opened the tickets, copy the save back to your USB device.

8. Open it in the editor again, go to “Garage” and find the car you added earlier.

Find the Citroen GT by Citroen Concept ‘08.

Change the “Colour” to 0000000D
Citroen Color Change.png

Find the Corvette ZR1 (C6) ‘09.

Change the “Colour” to 00000007
Corvette Color Change.png

Find the Nissan GT-R SpecV ‘09.

Change the “Colour” to 00000005
GT-R Color Change.png

What we’re doing here is changing the cars default colors to their SP model colors.

9. Select “Close Garage”, eject your USB drive and copy your save back to the PS3. (just like #5)

10. Go into the game, look at the cars you added earlier in your garage. If you’ve done it right, they should have their SP model colors when you view them. (though the thumbnails won’t change unless you update them yourself)

What you’ll need:
PS3
GT5
(Anywhere above version 2.0)
USB flash drive (one in FAT32 format is preferred since the PS3 supports it, most flash drives are FAT32. As long as the PS3 can read it, you should be fine)
GT5 save game (Not the backup save, but the other)
GT5SaveEditor_v0.0.6

Once you have these taken care of, let’s get started!

1. Plug your USB flash drive into your PS3, go to save data and copy your save game to it. There are two save games, one is the regular save, the other is the backup. We only need the regular one, you can’t copy the back up anyways.

2. Plug your USB flash drive into your computer.

3. Load the save game in the garage editor. In my case, once open the editor, I would click “Open Garage”, find my usb drive, navigate to the “PS3” folder, then “SAVEDATA” and then click on my save game. Mine is in a folder labeled “BCUS98114-GAME”, but yours might be named differently if you live outside the US.

Hint: I recommend copying and pasting your save game somewhere on your computer before opening it in the garage editor, that way if something goes wrong, you have a backup.

4. Once your save is loaded, go over to the “Items” tab and from here you can decide what cars you want to add. The choice is yours as to which ones you The steps for each car are listed below.

Click the top tab and select Bugatti.
upload_2020-1-27_19-15-39.png

Click on the 3rd tab and select 28
upload_2020-1-27_19-27-50.png

Click “Insert”.

Click the top tab and select Ferrari.
upload_2020-1-27_19-17-4.png

Click on the 2nd tab and select “Enzo Ferrari - enzo_ferrari_02_std”
upload_2020-1-27_19-26-48.png

Click on the 3rd tab and select 6
upload_2020-1-27_19-27-16.png
Click “Insert”.

Click the top tab and select Mercedes.
upload_2020-1-27_20-1-39.png

Click on the 2nd tab and select “Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren ‘03 - slr_mclaren_03”
upload_2020-1-27_19-31-0.png

Click on the 3rd tab and select 2
upload_2020-1-27_19-31-28.png
Click “Insert”.

Click the top tab and select Nissan.
upload_2020-1-27_19-21-18.png

Click on the 2nd tab and select “Nissan GT-R SpecV ‘09 - gtr_specv_09_std”
upload_2020-1-27_19-40-40.png

Click on the 3rd tab and select 5
upload_2020-1-27_19-41-3.png

Click “Insert”.

Click the top tab and select Chevrolet
upload_2020-1-27_19-22-36.png

Click on the 2nd tab and select “Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) ‘09 - corvette_zr1_09_std”
upload_2020-1-27_19-42-11.png

Click on the 3rd tab and select 7
upload_2020-1-27_19-42-47.png

Click “Insert”.

Click the top tab and select Lamborghini.
upload_2020-1-27_19-25-8.png

Click on the 2nd tab and select “Lamborghini Countach LP400 ‘74 - countach lp400_74”
upload_2020-1-27_19-43-59.png

Click on the 3rd tab and select 6
upload_2020-1-27_19-44-19.png

Click “Insert”.

Click the top tab and select Citroen.
upload_2020-1-27_19-45-21.png

Click on the 2nd tab and select “GT by Citroen Concept ‘08 - gt_by_citroen_08_std”
upload_2020-1-27_19-45-58.png

Click on the 3rd tab and select 13
upload_2020-1-27_19-47-8.png

Click “Insert”.

5. Select “File”, “Save” and then click “Save”, then eject your USB drive and copy your save back to the PS3.
Untitled.png

And if you’ve done everything right, you should have these cars in their SP model colors waiting in your car delivery!

Do I have to download these cars from PSN?
Answer: No. The cars are already in the game files for GT5, you just have to get access to them. (Which is what this tutorial covers)
Do I need to import them from GTPSP to GT5?
Answer: No. Again, the cars are already in the game files, you just have to get access to them. Importing them from GTPSP just makes them available to the player in arcade mode. My tutorial makes them available in GT Mode.
Can I get the premium versions of them in these colors?
Answer: Only for the Enzo Ferrari. If you try to use the SP models color codes on the ZR1, GT-R and the Citroen, it will crash the game if you view them because those colors don't exist on the premium versions. Of course I am just talking about the color codes, if you have the paint codes, you could apply them to the premium versions and they will work without issue.

Anyways, I hope this was helpful! If you have any questions, comments or criticisms, feel free to post them here!

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply ! :cheers:
You're welcome! It's worth noting you can get the Enzo Ferrari in that color. The premium versions of the ZR1, GT-R, and the Citroen however don't have these colors available by default, so changing the color codes to what I mentioned in the tutorial won't work with them, it will only crash.

Edit: The Citroen Concept does NOT have the yellow color by default.

Last edited:
So the Enzo Premium in that color is good !
Yep. You can just go into the dealership and get it in that color, it's that easy!
Has anyone tested all the premiums ?
I did years ago and I can confirm these colors don't exist on them. I am a tad uncertain about the Citroen, but I'll check sometime and see. Pretty sure it crashes too.

Best you can do is change the paint code to what the SP models use, granted you know what they are. This was why I wanted the ZR-1 and GT-R's paint codes, to make premium versions of them. Now I wonder what the Citroen's paint code is....

On the ZR1 number 00000007 doesn’t exist in GE’s item purchase so I think ya have to change it on the coulor edit ... it only goes 0-6 I recall ...

On the ZR1 number 00000007 doesn’t exist in GE’s item purchase so I think ya have to change it on the coulor edit ... it only goes 0-6 I recall ...
Like I said in the tutorial, the ZR1 doesn't have the 7th color option listed in GE, which is the SP models color, so you have to add the car ticket, open it in the game and then change the color code after.

Ok here is how I read it...

The standard models of the ZR1, GTR, And Cit Concept will take the hidden color options. If used with their premium versions it will crash. Correct ?

However, the Enzo premium is simple just have to buy it in the dealership as it exists there or get number 6 in GE which is what color in the dealership ... yellow Correct ?

Last edited:
Hey Tim... :cheers: so is the premium a 0000000D as mentioned for the standard or is that a hybrid premium ?
It's the one listed in the GE, Both Standard and Premium are available as a ticket in white color only, I painted them Citroen Yellow (no-name from the Road Car) in GE by typing in the code where it says 03FFFFFF and clicking Enter. The 0000000D sets the default color should you want to change it back to 03FFFFFF. I think if you enter a dealer color digit that doesn't exist for that car, it won't take and you get a big yellow "!" over the thumbnail in the garage. Like this thread!

Last edited:
So, I take it that if 0000000"D" is used on the "premium model" then I'd get those big yellows or that big freeze I hate lol lol lol "!" Or...... are you sayin' that the 0000000"D" with the premium will get me the kinda hidden color above you showed. I take it you are just saying the premium is only the white one and any other color is a "normal" hybrid on the premium car only ?

So, I take it that if 0000000"D" is used on the "premium model" then I'd get those big yellows or that big freeze I hate lol lol lol "!" Or...... are you sayin' that the 0000000"D" with the premium will get me the kinda hidden color above you showed. I take it you are just saying the premium is only the white one and any other color is a "normal" hybrid on the premium car only ?
There are 2 Citroen GT Concept Cars in the game, one Standard and one Premium, both cars only come in White. There is also a Citroen GT Road Car and a Citroen GT Race Car, both come in 20 colors including Yellow. If you enter a COLOR CODE other than "0" (either 1 for a 2nd color on the concept or a D for the 14th color from the Road Car or any other thing not shown in the dealer) the game will freeze. That is not how I got a Yellow Citroen GT Concept, I changed the PAINT CODE, (not the COLOR CODE) from the default code 03FFFFFF to 0167FFFF, the Yellow PAINT CODE for the GT Road Car from my list of hidden paint codes. This paints the car that color right from the GE. My list does not have PAINT CODES for the ZR1 or the GT-R Spec V from the GTPSP imported cars yet, hopefully we will discover something soon.

Last edited:
You didn't answer my question. I was asking which one you were talking about, as in which one you were working with.

I already know the difference between the two....
Both Standard and Premium are available as a ticket in white color only,
There are 2 Citroen GT Concept Cars in the game, one Standard and one Premium, both cars only come in White.
The premium only comes in white.

The standard (The one circled below) actually comes in a wide range of colors, but GE only has one of them listed in the ticket section for some reason.
citroen-png.753193

The 0000000D sets the default color should you want to change it back to 03FFFFFF.
0000000D goes where it says "colour", not "paint"....
I think if you enter a dealer color digit that doesn't exist for that car, it won't take
If you enter a COLOR CODE other than "0" (either 1 for a 2nd color on the concept or a D for the 14th color from the Road Car or any other thing not shown in the dealer) the game will freeze.
If you enter a "Colour" code that doesn't exist for a car, it will crash.

HOWEVER, changing the "Colour" code to 0000000D will NOT cause a crash with the standard one (again the one circled above), but it will with the premium one.
So, I take it that if 0000000"D" is used on the "premium model" then I'd get those big yellows or that big freeze I hate lol lol lol "!"
You get the "big freeze" upon viewing the premium. Which again, I can't stress it enough, it only happens to the premium version when you use that "Colour" code, not the standard.
and you get a big yellow "!" over the thumbnail in the garage.
As far as I am aware, you don't get the yellow "!" unless a DLC car isn't installed properly. (GT5's DLC, not GTPSP)
Like this thread!
What are you saying? :grumpy:

When the Paint Code is set to 03FFFFFF, the car will appear in whatever color is entered in the Color Code box.
I like this thread, 2Fast comments were confusing to me, was trying to clarify how I got Yellow, which is not what he was saying, I thought he was asking me, but looking at it again, he may have been asking you. My bad.

When the Paint Code is set to 03FFFFFF, the car will appear in whatever color is entered in the Color Code box.
Yes.
I like this thread, 2Fast comments were confusing to me, was trying to clarify how I got Yellow, which is not what he was saying, I thought he was asking me, but looking at it again, he may have been asking you. My bad.
No worries. With the standard models, you don't actually have to mess with the "paint code" at all to get the SP model colors, just changing the "color code" to what I have listed in the thread will do it.
If you were to make premium versions of the Citroen, Corvette and GT-R in those colors, then that's when you would change the paint code because the color codes I listed will just crash the game if you try this for the premium versions. (The Ferrari can be bought normally in that color however)

What version of GE are you using anyways?
Would you mind if I put this tutorial in a GT5 magazine? You would be credited of course.
Sorry for the delay, but sure! :cheers: This tutorial may be subject to change over time though.

It's worth noting the GT by Citroen Concept had 20 colors (including the yellow) in GTPSP and since it was ported from GTPSP to GT5 (as a standard car), it actually retains all 20 of them, but quatschkopp and slim apparently were not aware of this when they added it to the tool (which I don't blame them), so that is probably why only one color option is available in the editor. Hopefully in the future the other colors will be made available in the ticket selection, not just for the Citroen, but for the Corvette and the GT-R as well.

Why the premium Citroen Concept only has one color is beyond me....

Last edited:
I stand corrected, all 20 colors can be obtained on the Standard Model Citroen GT Concept... Additionally you can obtain Metallic Blue for the Standard Nissan GT-R Spec V '09 using the same method and entering 00000005 as the color code. There are only 2 or 3 No-Name Metallic Blues on the Disc, I will cross reference them to see which one matches up and we will have a code to paint the Premium version with. Yay! :cheers:

I stand corrected, all 20 colors can be obtained on the Standard Model Citroen GT Concept...
Indeed. Things like this are why I am glad the GTPSP cars were ported to GT5.
Additionally you can obtain Metallic Blue for the Standard Nissan GT-R Spec V '09 using the same method and entering 00000005 as the color code.
Yes and you can also the get the standard Artic White ZR1 by entering 00000007 as the color code. All of which are covered in this tutorial.
There are only 2 or 3 No-Name Metallic Blues on the Disc, I will cross reference them to see which one matches up and we will have a code to paint the Premium version with. Yay! :cheers:
Well that narrows it down! Razerman did post the codes for them, but he was a little skeptical if they were right or not, maybe now we can find out? (Granted they're on that list you look at)

If you need any help on getting these standard cars with their right color codes, let me know.

Pics of the re-created GTPSP SP cars in the correct colors to round things out:
Nissan GT-R Spec V '09 - Metallic Blue - Standard:
ZZZZ_Z998.png

Nissan GT-R Spec V '09 - Metallic Blue - Premium:
ZZZZ_Z999.png

Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 '09 - Alpine White - Standard:
ZZZZ_Z998.png

Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 '09 - Alpine White - Premium:
ZZZZ_Z999.png

Last edited:
Strangely, it would seem that the Nissan GT-R V-SPEC '09 never came in Metallic Blue. I'd like to add these two codes to my list of colors. Hoping nobody minds since I would have found them myself the hard way in a couple of hours anyways.

Back