TVR plays phoenix and rises from the ashes with Sagaris 2

• Thread starter exigeracer
  • 37 comments
Call me a little crazy, but who bloody cares about the cost of a damn steering wheel. At the cost of even the TVR's it will be infinitely better than any wheel on a "typical" car. Not to mention these cars you don't buy for the interior... you buy TO DRIVE. At the speeds you go in both of these cars you won't HAVE TIME to think about the interior either... 💡

Edit: Oh and for the record, I'd rather have the TVR interior.

For the wheels, the design is indeed similar, but the Pagani uses better materials which does not make it look like it will break with a sharp turn. I think I've seen the Sagaris' wheel on a simulator before, but, regardless, I like the design.

It has 3 spokes a flat bottom and ergonomic hand holds yes. But similar, no.

Every crappy show car with ugly airbrushed fibreglass interior mouldings and dozens of LCD screens has a wheel like the one in the Sagaris. The Zonda wheel is a lovingly handcrafted piece of work, the other wheel is mass produced and available in every two-bit highstreet car mod shop, sold alongside stick-on racer-style fuel filler flaps and those A-pillar mounted extra gauges.

I'm with The Cracker.

The TVR wheel is made from far, far cheaper materials that require much less labour work and there's those really cheap looking bolts/rivets at the bottom of the central spoke. Not exactly integrated well are they?

Who cares about the materials, when the Zonda wheel looks like poop. At least in my opinion...

I find the Zonda interior to be quite hideous.

Who cares about the materials, when the Zonda wheel looks like poop. At least in my opinion...

I find the Zonda interior to be quite hideous.
Because you ever seen what high-density foamed plastic look like when they go old? They start to have little bits pick out of them and it looks like a rat has been chewing on them. And the leather? Probably not as durable or as well stitched.

Looked after moderatley well (no hard abuse) and 20 years on it'll look just as good after abit of TLC.

However having said that I agree that the TVR interior does not need to be top of the pile. Yes there may be people who'll drive it daily but they'll know they're paying for the driving experience and not the luxury.

But again, having said that, TVR won't grow if it'll exclude so many buyers so easily. For the really rich the TVR experience will mean nothing, it's neither luxury road car or balls out race-car for the road.

But again, having said that, TVR won't grow if it'll exclude so many buyers so easily. For the really rich the TVR experience will mean nothing, it's neither luxury road car or balls out race-car for the road.
But then hardly any cars are balls out race car for the road cars, and thoes are usually so low compromise that a lot of people who think they want a balls out race car for the road realise they actually don't. TVR's are amongst the most racer for the road-ish cars out there, there's only a select few of the more elitis cars that are truely road legal race cars ie the SR7.

what happened to the interior? its nice that they put a place in for the sat-nav but overall, it just looks too boring for a TVR

I am happy to see TVR back at it again, TVR is not a car I would personally buy but I have tons of respect for them. 👍

At the speeds you go in both of these cars you won't HAVE TIME to think about the interior either...

If i'm driving something quickly, i don't want the one thing i'm touching that keeps me on the road/track to be some cheapo steering wheel made from low grade materials. :sly:

Back