Two Annoying Things

• Thread starter lesoldham
  • 3 comments
United States
Los Alamos NM
lesoldham
In general I'm pretty positive about GT Sport but I find these two things annoy me.
1. The N (normal) cars are so much harder to drive than the race cars (gr3, gr4, gr1). Racing the N cars on sports hard tires feels too slippery and the more powerful cars require 50% more breaking distance. Most people begin their racing careers in normal cars and these cars are considered stable enough for drivers with very little experience. If you go to racing schools like Bob Bondurant they would usually start you in a fairly stable street car. That is because they are considered safer and easier to drive than their race cars. But in Sport you are way better off in a gr1 car because it is SO much easier to drive. This seems wrong to me and I find it annoying.
2. Feel for the road surface is non existent. My t500rs wheel in Assetto Corsa and Automobilista is able to reproduce both engine vibration and road texture effects with ease. But not in Sport. The new T-GT wheel has two extra effects generating motors that I assume will generate these effects but other wheels seem not to have these effects mapped. I feel cheated by this circumstance since I know that even without those extra motors my wheel is capable os producing those effects. This annoys me as well.

Personally, I would expect that expensive professional cars would handle easier than stock cars. That's actually the hardest part for me, is knowing when I should be driving a car more like a go-kart/Indy car versus a normal car.

But think about that, the fastest cars handle like go karts.

In general I'm pretty positive about GT Sport but I find these two things annoy me.
1. The N (normal) cars are so much harder to drive than the race cars (gr3, gr4, gr1). Racing the N cars on sports hard tires feels too slippery and the more powerful cars require 50% more breaking distance. Most people begin their racing careers in normal cars and these cars are considered stable enough for drivers with very little experience. If you go to racing schools like Bob Bondurant they would usually start you in a fairly stable street car. That is because they are considered safer and easier to drive than their race cars. But in Sport you are way better off in a gr1 car because it is SO much easier to drive. This seems wrong to me and I find it annoying.
2. Feel for the road surface is non existent. My t500rs wheel in Assetto Corsa and Automobilista is able to reproduce both engine vibration and road texture effects with ease. But not in Sport. The new T-GT wheel has two extra effects generating motors that I assume will generate these effects but other wheels seem not to have these effects mapped. I feel cheated by this circumstance since I know that even without those extra motors my wheel is capable os producing those effects. This annoys me as well.

Yeah, I agree with both of those points. With my T300 there is almost no "feel" on the street cars. I wish there was more fine tuning available.

Im on a T500, def zero road feel. Its like driving on glass. No bumps, no texture. Its pretty lame. I play Assetto on PC and the FFB is far superior to GT, no contest.

Back