Two Years Gone - How far have you come along?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Welsh-Fury
  • 51 comments
  • 3,800 views

Welsh-Fury

Drive By Glitter Bomb!
Premium
Messages
1,029
Wales
Wales
Messages
EMY-Welsh-Fury
So the question is, "How far have you come along in GT5?".

What's your history throughout playing GT5 since when you first played it until now? What were your triumphs and down falls throughout your time playing GT5. How has the GT5 community treated you? Are you still grinding your way to the top, have already completed the game or just have been taking it nice and easy?

Share your thoughts on the past two years of Gran Turismo 5!
 
Last edited:
Well. It was fun for a year, Did alot of drag racing. Game save data got corrupted. Didnt play for months. Been drifting on and off here for the last few months. Now its boring again. the end
 
I find it amazing GT5 is 2 Years old and PD still gives it Support :)

The game came a long way :D

before Spec2 There was the Glitch On SSR7 which you can literly be rich, PD fixed that, And many other glitches, But the game is still very fun and did take a long way :D

Thanks PD for a great game
 
I'm going to start out small by saying: drifting. I truly thought that I would never learn, but now, - even after switching from the DFGT to the G27 - I am damn good at it.

My downs are always when I can't Gold a race in the Seasonal Events.
 
Well at first I was very excited and pissed when i first played it because of all the awesome and equal stupid choices they made. Originally you could buy a customized transmission but were not allowed to edit gears, no save in endurance races, X1 was impossible to get, standard cars, etc. Most of the really stupid choices are gone, but some major ones are still here. I did everything there is to do and bought all cars. I than learned how to tune racing tunes and had a lot of fun with that. After I got fairly good at that i took up drifting. That for me was the hardest but i feel I have came very far in the sport. Learned to drag and rally tune, opened a site to put all my tunes on, tossed some YouTube videos up. I think I have done literally everything you could do lol. I wish they had a more detailed track design so I could try to make a perfect track, but other than that I have no more ideas. Been a pretty good time and this site helped me a lot with it all.
 
Haven't owned this game for two years yet, but I treated this game a little like GT2 at first: buy car, Race car, tweak car, race car again, tweak car, time attack car. After going online with it, Its now buy car, race car, tweak car, Buy another car, race car, tweak car, rinse and repeat.
Triumph: Release a GT5 based magazine,
Downfall: Buying too many cars has made me nearly broke.
To be honest, I was kind of disappointed at first by GT5 removing tracks that it previously had in GT4 but as time went on I got over that and have grown to see that GT5 still has it's Flare just like the previous titles.
 
I'm close to reaching level 40 for A-Spec. For almost two years I have been playing on and off but my motivation to play decreases with every update they release. Don't get me wrong, the patches are welcome, but they simply fail to address old and annoying bugs and it's a big deal for me. In addition to this, the amount and selection of DLC has been been mediocre to say the least. Definitely a fun game but I'm almost fed up with inconsistencies, bugs, and poor DLC.
 
I’m still loving the game after all this time, and play for several hours every night.

Well, actually I hate the “game”, can’t stand racing the AI, so I don’t do the seasonals or any of that crap.

Some people have spent their time collected cars, but I have spent my time collecting friends. All good clean drivers that like to race the same un-sim way I like to race.

Every night I start my lobby, send out invitations, and in no time I have a great, clean room.

I just hope that when GT6 comes out it has remote racing so I can make all the money I want without having to race those awful robots.
 
Im with a few of the others with the fact that I played a ton during the first year, but in the last year I havent really played much at all. Im nearly level 40 with A and B spec, Ive completed the majority of the challenges, and Im sitting at 1,162 cars (as of this morning).
 
Got Everything under 2 years in the game. Last month or so i have sadly lost interest in the game. Nothing fun to do anymore.
 
Was very fun for at least 6 months or so 👍... the game is to short offline...
Did a lot of trades in year one before the 1 million limit... got some very, very good cars: R8 LMS, Bugatti's, etc :)

Then was the Seasonals... had fun on them too... the early ones were very good, they were like the expansion pack A-Spec will never get...

After PD deleted the old ones and introduced the new, pp restricted Seasonals, along the B-Spec ones... I've gradually dropped the game... :nervous: Seasonal themes being repetitive, lack of competitive DLC's (so far they've been ok, but they are nowhere near the level of the ones of Forza... which I'm planning to buy, along a 360), and the lack of effort from PD to fix key problems in the game that have been here from day one made me drop GT5 for three months...

Early in October I started playing again... and ever since... I still play it once or twice during the week... but I've gotta say... I'm pretty done with it... I'm already looking forward to GT6... which hopefully, will be the game we all expected GT5 to be: a Real Breakthrough...
 
Well, two years later I am Level 40 at both A Spec and B Spec and still play the Seasonal races when they come out.

Just taking it nice and easy.
 
Plaid for a very long time without internet. Then, got it connected and everything changed! Once the loggin Bonus was introduced, I plaid it every day and kept my bonus at 200% for a very long time. :sly: Which in turn, helped me reach level 40 in both SPEC sides.

Spec II came out, and I've reached the 1000 mark in my garage. Trophy time! :dopey: This was in fact the last trophy I earned in this game.

Then, I got a bit tired, and only plaid it twice a week. Online just got me angry (the people, not connection), the fact that I had so much cars to drive and little to drive them on kinda made me depressed.

However, a few months ago I've discovered a new way of enjoying this game. I am now collecting everything (I am more determined now than I was before), applying tunes made by GTPlanet users, running B-SPEC races every now and then. Buying several of my favorite cars and tune them, trading cars and items with others, etc...

And while all of this was going on, I would try the S.Vettle challenge at least once or twice. I am still far from gold, this is the very last thing I got left to do in the game, but at least, once I unlock this trophy, I will achieve platinum :sly:👍
 
I've played GT5 much more than any of the series. Being into GTP has kept my interest up more than anything else.

Initially I played offline ASpec and whizzed through all the Events as quickly as possible. Running all aids in modded cars just to collect cars. Got bored and put GT5 back in it's case for several months. I was completly ignorant of how much the aids did-just thought the game was too easy! SRF what? Didn't see what was so great about GT5 at all.

One day I found GTP and read up on GT5 for hours. Ditched the aids except for abs1 and learned to drive. Got addicted to open lobbies then got into several casual race groups. That's when it got really fun. Met some cool folks and have had a blast. Eventually got a wheel stand after using that awful DFGT lap thing for years. Got faster with that stand quickly and was able to start running lap times on par with the fast guys in my groups. Even won a 2 month weekly TT season in C.R.A.P. I was running in at least 2-4 events every week. LOTS of GT5 seat time. Ran up to Level 40 with so much online racing. I didn't realize how mentally competitive I'd gotten and started taking it too seriously.

Then inevitably got burned out and also had a physical issue that made long sessions painful. Had to cut way back and eventually had to quit league racing. For the past 5-6 months, I've been mainly offline. Running strictly stock vehicles in cockpit view and learning to drive without abs. No stress, no practice, no tuning-just casual. A nice change from feeling like I had to be at my best night after night. Currently driving seasonals on occasion but mainly just trying to set up Arcade and one make practice mode races and treating them like I'd drive in a real life track day. Trying to avoid contact, clean passing and enjoying GT5's visuals.

There's lots of Events that are still untouched. I've only run one of the Enduros. Most all the Challenges never been tried. No interest in BSPEC or drifting either. Going to give F1 2012 a good shot though after Christmas.
 
Last edited:
Im LV 40 A spec and LV 38 B I have 1600 cars total just missing 2 standards and a few premiums finished most of the seasonals and completed a few endurance races. I try to get on GT a few times a day depending what I have to do.
 
Besides dlc release days I have not played in more than a year rofl. To make me play again it'd only take increasing the amount of cars eligible for one-make races, so everyone gets the exact same car, stock, same tires same assists.

Probably have all regular standards and premiums, which shows I've wasted days of my life grinding GT5.
 
Still play everyday, I think I only took a 3 month break when Skyrim came out.
Level 39 A-spec, 38 B-spec, as of last night I have over 1460 cars and down to only one car needed to have them all.

I enjoy doing time trials with different cars, but also try to play on-line a couple hours a night, Dirty Shuffle racing has been the fun thing for me as of late.

I also do the seasonals when ever they come out, even if they are pretty easy.

So yea, I'm still having a ton of fun with this game ans probably won't stop playing untill GTA5 comes out.
 
Still playing. Might take a break when GTA5 comes out, but till then I host nearly every night.
 
At first, I was so excited I just wanted to race and spent a lot of time in Arcade mode. Then I got into my GT Mode career and simply could not get enough. I never called in sick to play GT5 but I came close. Then I felt like I was good enough to race online and not cause too many problems but was disappointed in the difference in physics between online and offline racing, but still had fun. Then I finally got a true HDTV (55-inch Samsung LCD) and it's almost like a whole new different game, my eyes are popping out. Now I'm pretty much maxed out with cars and credits... I don't own every car in the game but I do own every car that is interesting to me, which is all that really matters for my enjoyment of a video game... err, ahem... I mean driving simulator. Just starting to get into drifting and drag racing, I never cared for drifting very much and drag racing is so precise with settings, we will see how those things come along.
 
I made level 40 in A-spec in september.
B-spec I'm at level 9. Just tried it a few times before I decided that I wanted to drive the cars myself, instead of watching Bob driving hopelessly around the track.:dunce:

I have 537 cars, including the new C7 that I just downloaded.
Driven 63 543,4 km

Have had the game since release. Played it many hours a day, the first 6 months. Now I play it maybe 3-4 hours a week. Mostly doing the seasonal events with cars that I enjoy to drive within the pp limit. Buying out the OCD with cars that I do not have. Do occasionally go online for some shuffle.
And in the two years, I've played other games(ACIII at the moment) but always returning to GT5 in the end.

This is actually the first GT that I haven't completed the A-spec events and the licences yet. I'm still 8 golds short. And only done 2 of the endurance races(GV300 and LS200).

Still, I do enjoy GT5 in a very casual way and will play it until GT6 comes out :)
 
Fun fun fun, little rage with DLC but still the fun is there :)
 
GT5 has helped me quite a lot to become a faster driver in virtual world and also experience some fun real life events. Only down is time being taken up ;).
 
Bought GT5
PLugged in the PS3 that came with it... put in the wrong date! so I've actually had GT5 for 25 months now! I only noticed when Novemeber had 31 days in it... But idiot Ryk had put October... oops

Didn't get the PS3 online until late February this year - so missed loads of seasonals and easy money - but I only race one car at a time, and even being credit poor relative to all the online enabled folk I only missed a few cars... After sucha huge period of played GT5 version 0.97 the sudden jump to whatever version came as a bit of a jolt at just how, lucrative everything was...

nice trick with the daily online bonus.

Got some new interweb dudes that helped out with some very generous trades (Here you go, have a Level 23 ticket... Have a Gold Chrome paint chip (I had been playing when you had to get very lucky with every 30th car you bought, and I had a few Matt paints.

Gripes
I'd prefer it it you had a global setting - No ABS - No TCS - Brake Bias set to 3/2
It is a bit of a faff having to rip out the fun numbing electronic aids.
Loadsing times are not that bad. The slow pace of buying stuff for your car is a bit of a faff. But once you get past this the feel was good for me.

The downside has got to be the sheer number of bad drivers that are playing the game.
I don't mean slowpokes. I mean corner cutting, Rubbing is racing, I'll use you as a brake point-bang. If you try to pass me I will make you eat armco type of spoilers.

But when it is me, a car and a track.


I am an artist - The car is my brush and the track is my canvas...

Or was it

I am a Brush...
 
I am still properly in love with Gran Turismo 5, still getting better (slowly..)
Never a dull moment for me with this game :)
I will be happy with this game for another 2 years.. 👍
 
Starting to fade after 2 years of heavy gameplay. Felt the same way with GT4, started to fade after about 2 years.
 
Two years ago I was racing online with gentlemen drivers, now I'm still racing online with gentlemen drivers. Gamers get bored of games, however, sim racers never get bored of sim racing just as real racing drivers never get bored of real racing.


👍
 
Still playing. Might take a break when GTA5 comes out, but till then I host nearly every night.

I bet GTA5 will make a lot of games be on their cases for some months... :drool:

As for GT5, still play it a lot... almost on a daily basis. I'm still have hopes for more cool updates and DLC.
 
I have reached level 40 in A-spec and B-spec done most races just not the A-spec endurance races not bothered with licences or driving challenges and have done most of the seasonals races but I have been distracted and wasted my time on need for speed and also need to find time to play battlefield 3 and Skyrim :D
 
I'm close to 40, i'm currently stuck at level 38 A-Spec. :grumpy: i've been doing more endurance racing than usual, and my abilities have improved a whole lot ever since I got the game in 2010. Soooo many online races, sooo many cars, and soooo many upgrades later, I still frequently play it.
 
After 2 years of playing GT5 in all aspects. I've thoroughly enjoyed it. Only just got the Platinum trophy yesterday after a long battle with patience. It's time for me to move onto other games now (so I get my moneys worth) I'm still gonna go back to it now and again, cant keep away from a good sim.
 
Back