Tyre choice seems futile in endurance races?

  • Thread starter Thread starter the_trev
  • 34 comments
  • 8,944 views
The tyre wear in GT5 is not right, there doesn't seem to be a huge difference in durability in tyres in Endurance races on A Spec that would seem to relfect what happens in real racing, where harder compounds usually last longer, enough for a noticable number of extra laps to be driven.

There might be a big difference between the same tyres on the front and rear of a car, but this is relatively normal for some cars to wear out, say the rear tyres, quicker than the front.

But then it's different online as tyres seem to generally wear out alot quicker here than on A Spec.

So there's not much difference in durability between compounds on A spec, but there is a big difference in general tyre wear between A spec and online.

I just feel that this is something Polyphony need to address and make it more real and consistent throughout the game.
 
Using a Minolta Toyota i did the grand valley 300km. Due to the horrendous lack of grip i burnt out the Racing Hard tyres in 5 laps! I switched to Racing Softs and managed 15 laps until i needed to pit again
 
The way tyres work in GT5 is completely wrong and much worse than just comparing racing compounds. Obviously there is also the 'use slicks in the wet' when in Aspec, but I also noticed this;

When grinding BSpec at Indy in the FGT I once left Sports Soft on by mistake. I only noticed at the end and my race time was identical to using Racing Softs !

Another reason why GT5 has really hurt my faith in the GT brand.

Someone should lock Kaz in a room and make him play GT5 until all races events are gold so he can see what he has done to the GT brand.

Dont use Indy and the FGT as a combo to test tires. That track is huge, the turns are wide, and the downforce created by the FGT will have a huge impact on traction. Grand Valley or Suzuka would be much better tracks to experiment with tires. Also, try racing for yourself instead of having Bob do it, you will see a huge difference.
 
Dont use Indy and the FGT as a combo to test tires. That track is huge, the turns are wide, and the downforce created by the FGT will have a huge impact on traction. Grand Valley or Suzuka would be much better tracks to experiment with tires. Also, try racing for yourself instead of having Bob do it, you will see a huge difference.

Agreed. On GT5 prologue did Daytona thousands of times in the F2007. There was barely any difference between S1 tyres and R3's. Normal tyres weren't that far off the pace either
 
Dont use Indy and the FGT as a combo to test tires. That track is huge, the turns are wide, and the downforce created by the FGT will have a huge impact on traction. Grand Valley or Suzuka would be much better tracks to experiment with tires. Also, try racing for yourself instead of having Bob do it, you will see a huge difference.
I know, that was just another example that I quoted. There was a thread a couple of weeks ago where someone went into great detail and, as I have already written, aspec & bspec racing tyre wear is all wrong.

I have never needed to worry about tyre wear in GT5, it has been a big backward step from GT4 as I fondly remember how you could use a tyre strategy in GT4.
 
Back