tyre temp,pressures

• Thread starter mynameis66
  • 11 comments
United Kingdom
UK
Quick question,for more grip do i lower tyre pressures or raise them.I realise there is a trade off between the 2 but for corner grip which is best?Thanks

Each car/tyre compound combo has its own ideal tyre pressure for maximum grip, you need to focus on those numbers, if their pressure is higher or lower you'll lose grip.

If you're on PC, you can use Sidekick app to see that info.

Can someone on PC please list the ideal pressures for all cars here? Us PS4 and XB1 users don't have access to that info like you PC users do, and it would be a big help for console players.

Been playing with this myself. Are tyre temps or pressures more critical. To keep them at optimum temp over several laps I have to lower pressures but not sure if I should just focus on even pressures. Interested in how others are tuning tyres.

You sir, are a gentleman. I award you one free internet.

Good+for+you+_f4697eb3e6691e14a350555b13210ac9.jpg

So what version software are these applicable for and does anyone actually think they will transpose directly to PS4? Bearing in mind every update we get the tyre model changes subtly.
I don't know, the best way to know that is empirically.

What is sure is Aristotelis said that in AC 1.11 (PC) the GT3, GT2 and Porsche Cup tyres, cold pressure now starts from 16psi and hot pressure is optimum around 26psi.

Cold from 16 psi and hot optimum at 26psi ? That's quite lower than real life Michelin and Pirelli slicks range used on Porsche Cup. The optimum tire temp would different then than the real tire.

Tire temperature also affect the pressure build up, so ambient temp do influence tire performance.

Running cold at 16 psi ( generally below 20 psi ) on Pirelli and Michelin slicks would highly risk damaging the tire / air loss and can cause excessive sidewall deflection IRL.

Last edited:
So what version software are these applicable for and does anyone actually think they will transpose directly to PS4? Bearing in mind every update we get the tyre model changes subtly.

Back