Tyres

Messages
23
England
England
Messages
Guileboy
Anyone seem to notice that the tyres are not the tyres you choose e.g. just put racing hards on cars and the cars are uncontrollable, tyres don't heat up, never had this issue before.
 
I tried out a stock Audi R8 LMS Base model, and man was it not what I was expecting!

I found that the feeling of driving a race car is so much different than GT5. I definitely think tire heat is much more refined, because when I was doing some arcade racing, the first 1-2 laps (on RH) I was spinning out and sliding when I didn't think I would. But once I got a lap or two down, I actually saw less spontaneous loss of grip.

Been really wondering about this for a while. Another issue, that I believe has been already pointed out, is that MR cars seem to like spinning out like crazy (maybe not all but quite a lot of them). I was using something like a Toyota MR2 and it was way too easy to spin out!
 
I have had an instance of putting comfort hards on a car in order to tune the LSD and then changing to racing hards to no effect. Although the tyres were shown as RH, the car was uncontrollable and behaved as though the CH were still on there. It was only after shutting down the game that it went back to doing what it ought to do.
 
So it sounds like there are some actual tire model glitches at the moment then.

Such a shame....it's like we're playing in a beta still. I've come across some freezes recently in addition to some other glitches.

Hell when I was driving the R8 LMS I had traction troubles at Monza :boggled:
 
Last edited:
Back