UAP and Skinwalker Ranch News and Discussion

• Thread starter Dotini
  • 320 comments
Patents being entirely reliable documents where people never exaggerate, broaden claims or just speculatively claim stuff on the basis that the worst that can happen is that it gets thrown out. Or in the case of the military, are designed to try and get adversaries to waste limited time and resources chasing red herrings.

If the Navy were working on such things, there's no way that it would be naming them such clear and descriptive things as "inertial mass reduction". First, it's a great way to give away your tech to spies who have access to much more information than the average net denizen. Second, it's a labyrinthine bureaucracy that can't put pants on without a requisition in triplicate signed by the Deputy Sub-Director of Undergarment Adjustment.

Fusion is going to continue to be thirty years away right up to the point that someone actually builds one that achieves over unity. Given your age, I wouldn't hold my breath for it happening in your lifetime and I have serious doubts about it happening in mine.
I'm going to take it that your opinion is that human technology has not been responsible for the UAP phenomena as reported by the US Navy. I mainly agree. That leaves open the explanations that non-human technology, or better yet, factors of consciousness and perception/deception are responsible for the unexplained phenomena reported by the Navy.

I'm going to take it that your opinion is that human technology has not been responsible for the UAP phenomena as reported by the US Navy.

My opinion is that it's unidentified, to the extent that they're not even sure what they're looking at let alone where it came from or who made it.

If it's human technology then it's not unidentified by humans, it's just secret enough that the media aren't aware of it. Secret military projects don't really fit any reasonable general definition of UAP, like "is unidentifiable by any human". If you're taking it to mean "anything that is unidentified to me personally", then conversations get wacky pretty fast as everyone has a different set of what they can identify.

That leaves open the explanations that non-human technology, or better yet, factors of consciousness and perception/deception are responsible for the unexplained phenomena reported by the Navy.

Or like, a natural phenomenon? It's entirely possible that the perception of the witnesses is entirely correct in the bare details of what they saw, but that it's caused by something that is not yet known or understood. An ancient Greek could correctly describe the visible features and movements of a jet aircraft, and yet have no idea what it was, how such a thing could be created or how it could operate in the way that it does. There's no reason to assume a technological basis.

Trying to nail down explanations with insufficient information is a waste of time. Prejudging and forming biases with insufficient information is a great way to trap yourself into a closeted mindset. Lumping all UAP observations together as if they by definition must come from the same source is insane. It's entirely possible that one is a Chinese weather balloon, one is an alien scout ship and another is hyperdimensional inanimate orbiting objects projecting into our plane.

I mean, it's probably not any of these things but without something to actually suggest one explanation over another speculation seems pretty masturbatory. You might as well just write yourself a sci-fi short story and get it over with. It'll probably be more satisfying, and then if you happen to be right then at least you'll have evidence that you called it ahead of time.

My opinion is that it's unidentified, to the extent that they're not even sure what they're looking at let alone where it came from or who made it.

If it's human technology then it's not unidentified by humans, it's just secret enough that the media aren't aware of it. Secret military projects don't really fit any reasonable general definition of UAP, like "is unidentifiable by any human". If you're taking it to mean "anything that is unidentified to me personally", then conversations get wacky pretty fast as everyone has a different set of what they can identify.

Or like, a natural phenomenon? It's entirely possible that the perception of the witnesses is entirely correct in the bare details of what they saw, but that it's caused by something that is not yet known or understood. An ancient Greek could correctly describe the visible features and movements of a jet aircraft, and yet have no idea what it was, how such a thing could be created or how it could operate in the way that it does. There's no reason to assume a technological basis.

Trying to nail down explanations with insufficient information is a waste of time. Prejudging and forming biases with insufficient information is a great way to trap yourself into a closeted mindset. Lumping all UAP observations together as if they by definition must come from the same source is insane. It's entirely possible that one is a Chinese weather balloon, one is an alien scout ship and another is hyperdimensional inanimate orbiting objects projecting into our plane.

I mean, it's probably not any of these things but without something to actually suggest one explanation over another speculation seems pretty masturbatory. You might as well just write yourself a sci-fi short story and get it over with. It'll probably be more satisfying, and then if you happen to be right then at least you'll have evidence that you called it ahead of time.

I agree with a lot of your thoughts here.

For years on this forum I believed that the global, historical phenomenon of UFO/UAP was not alien but largely natural in origin, including such as "ball lightning" type of phenomena as seen at Hessdalen, Norway and Toppenish Ridge, Washington State.

However, when in 2017 and subsequent years, the NY Times, US Navy and Pentagon all confirmed the phenomena observed by the US Navy Pacific and Atlantic fleets was real, unidentified and exhibited physics defying characteristics, I was forced to think again. We do not know, and I don't think they do either. In my humble opinion, I did not think the US, China, Russia or Iran possess the kind of technology needed to duplicate the Navy's observations.

Thanks for your contribution to the thread. I particularly enjoyed your notion of "hyperdimensional inanimate orbiting objects projecting into our plane."

Last edited:
There's clear visual evidence here that aliens/government/deepstate/skinwalkers are actively using their technology on Earth. You can read the MSM shill cover story here, but don't waste your time as it uses 'science' (which is daehbon backwards) to justify its claims that this is caused by not aliens.

_117387798_apex_hovering_ship_illusion_03.jpg

Last edited:
  • There's clear visual evidence here that aliens/government/deepstate/skinwalkers are actively using their technology on Earth. You can read the MSM shill cover story here, but don't waste your time as it uses 'science' (which is daehbon backwards) to justify its claims that this is caused by not aliens.

View attachment 995621

I have been attempting to maintain a sober and credible thread about hard to understand phenomena.

But if you want to turn it into a place for mockery and ridicule, that's fine with me. I will delete all my entries and change the title of the thread to Mockery and Ridicule. It's probably overdue I left the forum permanently anyway. There is no place for me here.

• I have been attempting to maintain a sober and credible thread about hard to understand phenomena.

But if you want to turn it into a place for mockery and ridicule, that's fine with me. I will delete all my entries and change the title of the thread to Mockery and Ridicule. It's probably overdue I left the forum permanently anyway. There is no place for me here.

I want you (and others) to know that I reported you for abusing the thread title change feature. I hope something comes of it, because this is disrespectful to the people who have contributed to this thread, and to the rest of us who navigate this forum.

I want you (and others) to know that I reported you for abusing the thread title change feature. I hope something comes of it, because this is disrespectful to the people who have contributed to this thread, and to the rest of us who navigate this forum.
There have been a few, but only a few, who have respectfully contributed to the thread. And for that I am grateful. However, I have little control over people who serially abuse the thread with their mockery and ridicule. There's enough of that already at GTP without turning every thread into a place of abuse. So it's a question of who is being disrespectful - those who mock and ridicule, or those who change a thread title according to the process provided for such a thing. Over 10,000 people have found this thread and viewed it, despite a handful of title modifications which have never been complained about by moderation, but have instead approved it. So if you and a few other influentials want the thread to stay consistent, then stop polluting the thread with mockery and ridicule.

despite a handful of title modifications which have never been complained about by moderation, but have instead approved it
Nope, we ignored it. If you want to torpedo your own thread with ridiculous and frequent title changes, that's your problem...

... until you decide to change the thread direction entirely, like you just did. Then we stop ignoring it, because you're damaging the experience for other users.

If dissenting points of view upset you so much that you start to make bizarre idle threats about breaking your own posts so that nobody can discuss them (except for where they've already been quoted and discussed, obviously), perhaps a discussion forum is not the best place for your posts. Create a blog, but be sure to turn the comments off...

• I have been attempting to maintain a sober and credible thread about hard to understand phenomena.

You've taken my joking post as a personal attack. It wasn't intended as one, it was more a comment on (imo) the attitude to Alien Evidence in some parts of the internet. As this is (or has been) UFO discussion it seemed the right place for a light-hearted ribbing of the subject. Unfortunately the ribs have gone straight through the heart, breaking both analogy and moment.

You've taken my joking post as a personal attack. It wasn't intended as one, it was more a comment on (imo) the attitude to Alien Evidence in some parts of the internet. As this is (or has been) UFO discussion it seemed the right place for a light-hearted ribbing of the subject. Unfortunately the ribs have gone straight through the heart, breaking both analogy and moment.
I know you have a strongly dissenting point of view on this topic. I know you also are very intelligent and well read. I expect your posts in this thread to represent your best self, not your most juvenile.

I know these videos i'm posting below, mock and ridicule the subject to some extent, but i think if you're capable of seeing beyond that and the manner in which they're presented, i feel the content creator offers some really valid and reasonable explanations to some of the subjects being discussed in this thread.

Slight language warning about two thirds the way through with this one, by the pilots flying the aircraft.

Videos above aside, back in 2009 (or it could've been 2010), both myself and my boss witnessed a UFO together at work.
It was on a late afternoon/early evening (i don't remember the exact time), in the middle of winter. Our workplace was situated on the outskirts of a small village called Rollesby in Norfolk (UK), and the business premises were in old farm stables that had been converted into work units for small business'.
Anyway, we were screen printing quite a large run of sweatshirts at the time, and the air inside the workshop wasn't very pleasant due to the fibres given off from the garments, as they were passing through the dryer. So after the last of them were printed we decided to take a breather outside, and that's when we both witnessed the UFO in the sky.

The best way i can describe it is, it was almost the shape of a mobile phone that was at an angle where you could see the underside. It had rounded corners but no other details beyond that apart from colour which was matte black (or very dark grey), and it appeared to be gliding silently at a fairly slow speed and at a fairly low height above the field which backed on to the properties. At a really rough guess i'd say it was anywhere between 100-200 feet in the sky, though it was quite hard to judge with only trees in the distance and the other small buildings in front of us, to use as reference, though it was definitely in the foreground in relation to the trees. There were no lights on it and no visible signs of propulsion, no vapours or vortices or anything of that nature and no audible sound.

Unfortunately (though i can imagine some people reading this will say, conveniently) neither of us had our mobile phones at hand. But even if i could've got my phone at the time, the camera on it was a potato, so it would've been useless anyway.
Whatever it was we saw that day, neither one of us believes its aliens, just something new to our eyes that we could not identify.

Last edited:
The best way i can describe it is, it was almost the shape of a mobile phone that was at an angle where you could see the underside. It had rounded corners but no other details beyond that apart from colour which was matte black (or very dark grey), and it appeared to be gliding silently at a fairly slow speed and at a fairly low height above the field which backed on to the properties. At a really rough guess i'd say it was anywhere between 100-200 feet in the sky, though it was quite hard to judge with only trees in the distance and the other small buildings in front of us, to use as reference, though it was definitely in the foreground in relation to the trees.

It's plausibly a building. There's a currently-famous photo of a ship that's at just the correct angle away from the viewer for some peculiar atmospheric phenomenomnomneomnnom to take place.

It's plausibly a building. There's a currently-famous photo of a ship that's at just the correct angle away from the viewer for some peculiar atmospheric phenomenomnomneomnnom to take place.
I actually wish i could show you exactly what we witnessed. I honestly don't think it was down to atmospheric bending of light, like in the pic you posted. And although you may think it's plausible (even jokingly so), I don't think flying buildings exist. This thing was separated from the ground at a greater height than the ship, and moved in a uniform direction of flight.

I'm actually really tempted to try and sketch an illustration of what we saw, but it'd be hard to illustrate the depth of field.
Just to further clarify, the size of the object in the sky appeared to be of a scale about half the size of a mobile phone, if you were to hold it at arms length away from yourself, (if that makes sense?).

We did (and still do) rack our brains over it. At one point i considered it could've been a bin bag trapped and flying on a thermal, but the uniform and solid appearing shape kind of goes against that.

Last edited:
I know these videos i'm posting below, mock and ridicule the subject to some extent, but i think if you're capable of seeing beyond that and the manner in which they're presented, i feel the content creator offers some really valid and reasonable explanations to some of the subjects being discussed in this thread.

Slight language warning about two thirds the way through with this one, by the pilots flying the aircraft.

Videos above aside, back in 2009 (or it could've been 2010), both myself and my boss witnessed a UFO together at work.
It was on a late afternoon/early evening (i don't remember the exact time), in the middle of winter. Our workplace was situated on the outskirts of a small village called Rollesby in Norfolk (UK), and the business premises were in old farm stables that had been converted into work units for small business'.
Anyway, we were screen printing quite a large run of sweatshirts at the time, and the air inside the workshop wasn't very pleasant due to the fibres given off from the garments, as they were passing through the dryer. So after the last of them were printed we decided to take a breather outside, and that's when we both witnessed the UFO in the sky.

The best way i can describe it is, it was almost the shape of a mobile phone that was at an angle where you could see the underside. It had rounded corners but no other details beyond that apart from colour which was matte black (or very dark grey), and it appeared to be gliding silently at a fairly slow speed and at a fairly low height above the field which backed on to the properties. At a really rough guess i'd say it was anywhere between 100-200 feet in the sky, though it was quite hard to judge with only trees in the distance and the other small buildings in front of us, to use as reference, though it was definitely in the foreground in relation to the trees. There were no lights on it and no visible signs of propulsion, no vapours or vortices or anything of that nature and no audible sound.

Unfortunately (though i can imagine some people reading this will say, conveniently) neither of us had our mobile phones at hand. But even if i could've got my phone at the time, the camera on it was a potato, so it would've been useless anyway.
Whatever it was we saw that day, neither one of us believes its aliens, just something new to our eyes that we could not identify.

Thanks for your contribution and brave report of your personal experience.

With regard to your ridiculing and mocking debunker, all I can add is that, sure, birds and inchoate conspiracies and agendas by government, Fox News and other media play a role. Tante pis. And like you, I do not believe in ET as behind this phenomena.

However, the NY Times, US Navy, Pentagon, the US Navy, DIA etc. are all on record as acknowledging the phenomena as real. They have listed five observables:

1. Anti-Gravity Lift
2. Instantaneous Acceleration
3. Hypersonic without signature
4. Low observability or cloaking
5 Trans-medium travel​

Sure, birds and conspiracies by government, Fox News and other media play a role as the debunker suggests. But he is becoming a lone dissenter, isolated. The conventional wisdom received by American society as represented by government and military is that the phenomenon is real, if unexplained, and that must be base reality as far as I am concerned, especially since I have seen the phenomena on several occasions.

Thanks again for your contribution.

Last edited:
Thanks for your contribution and brave report of your personal experience.

With regard to your ridiculing and mocking debunker, all I can add is that, sure, birds and inchoate conspiracies and agendas by government, Fox News and other media play a role. Tante pis. And like you, I do not believe in ET as behind this phenomena.

However, the NY Times, US Navy, Pentagon, the US Navy, DIA etc. are all on record as acknowledging the phenomena as real. They have listed five observables:

1. Anti-Gravity Lift
2. Instantaneous Acceleration
3. Hypersonic without signature
4. Low observability or cloaking
5 Trans-medium travel​

Sure, birds and conspiracies by government, Fox News and other media play a role as the debunker suggests. But he is becoming a lone dissenter, isolated. The conventional wisdom received by American society as represented by government and military is that the phenomenon is real, if unexplained, and that must be base reality as far as I am concerned, especially since I have seen the phenomena on several occasions.

Thank again for your contribution.
Thanks for thanking me for my contribution of my personal experience, but i don't think it's brave of me at all. I have no problem or fear of being ridiculed by others who don't believe, or are sceptical of what i'm relaying to them about it. I've quickly come to accept that i have no explanation for it myself, hence why i call it a UFO. I cannot identify/compare it with anything else i've witnessed in my life so far.

With regards to the debunking vids i shared above, and your response to them, i can't really say where i stand overall on the subject, i just personally think Thunderf00t (the content creator of the vids), provides a good alternative explanation to be considered.

Last edited:
Thanks for thanking me for my contribution of my personal experience, but i don't think it's brave of me at all. I have no problem or fear of being ridiculed by others who don't believe, or are sceptical of what i'm relaying to them about it. I've quickly come to accept that i have no explanation for it myself, hence why i call it a UFO. I cannot identify/compare it with anything else i've witnessed in my life so far.

With regards to the debunking vids i shared above, and your response to them, i can't really say where i stand overall on the subject, i just personally think Thunderf00t (the content creator of the vids), provides a good alternative explanation to be considered.
IMHO it's good to be open to all possibilities, including hoax, natural electromagnetic phenomena, etc. Personally, I suspect the phenomena would not be happening it weren't for human consciousness. Unfortunately, some folks must reject the very possibility the phenomena exists simply because it cannot exist according to their paradigm, or point of view..

Last edited:

I ran across a video with unusually good photos of an object potentially resembling the one you describe.

I ran across a video with unusually good photos of an object potentially resembling the one you describe.

I appreciate you taking the time to post the above vid, but that object looks way more cylindrical than the unidentified object i saw.

I know it's over a decade since my experience, but i can clearly remember the shape of the object. It was the shape of a mobile phone, flat with what appeared to be rounded edges all the way around.

[EDIT]

I was going to sketch what i saw, but figured i could just model it in Lego digitally.

Please ignore all the lines, notches and ridges. It's just because it's modelled in Lego brick.

Last edited:
There are a handful of these "cassette tape box" reports out there. Several have been seen in the context of nearby power lines.
Were there prominent power lies in the vicinity of your sighting?

In philosophy and religion, geometric shapes have long carried symbolic meaning.

The 6th century BCE Greek philosopher and mathematician Pythagoras believed that geometry was the rational understanding of God, man, and nature: Many of the shape meanings in western philosophies arise from his writings.

Pythagoras associated the square with the number 4, and that number in many cultures is commonly associated with material things—physical elements, compass directions, and seasons. Thus, squares and crosses are often used as symbols of the material world. However, squares have visual solidness that crosses lack. A square has volume; it contains space.

Squares represent solidity, a perfection that is static, dependable, earthly and material. In Hinduism, the square represents cosmic order and the balance of opposites; in Native American religions, the square represents permanence, a safe place. In Chinese symbolism, the square represents the earth. In many many cultures, a square is a meeting place, a plaza at the heart of a city.

Accidentally photographed in Hawaii, 2019.
rectangular-ufo.jpg

https://www.etdatabase.com/2019/07/ufo-seen-during-day-over-maui-hawaii-on.html

Javion Hill says he took this photo on U.S. 74 southwest of Charlotte on Aug. 18.

Read more here:
https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article217635470.html#storylink=cpy

Rectangle-UFO-Photo.jpg

Alleged rectangular UFO photo taken in Federal Heights, Colorado. Photo info: “On an unrecorded day in August, 1987, Joe Clower was out driving with his camera in his car when he spotted a most unusual flying object in the twilight sky. It was a dark flying rectangle having lights in all four corners. It flew over silently as he prepared his camera and got this one picture of it above. When that film was finally developed and he saw the image, he could no longer accurately remember the date. A friend was with him during this photographic event.” (Credit: OpenMinds.tv Photo Archives) http://www.openminds.tv/florida-witness-reports-rectangular-ufo-near-tampa-bay/41176

Last edited:
There are a handful of these "cassette tape box" reports out there. Several have been seen in the context of nearby power lines.
Were there prominent power lies in the vicinity of your sighting?

I've just had a look on Google maps UK, to check it out, but the only power lines i can make out, look to be like old telegraph/phone polls and wires, situated about 200-300 metres east of the properties. They're not tall polls either. If you're interested in taking a look for yourself, the place is called 'Hall Farm Business Park Rollesby'. It looks as though there's been some additional buildings constructed since we were last there though, as there definitely wasn't the additional unit attached to the side of that small looking hanger type building.

As for the vids you've posted about the rectangle looking objects with lights on them and such, they look quite a lot different to what we saw. The object we witnessed was exactly the same shape as what i modelled in Lego, in the render above (minus the lines, ridges and notches on the corners),
it was viewed at the same angle as the render too, so the shape was pretty clear to us in that regard. The other detail i forgot to mention, was that it flew straight heading west (no deviation in altitude or direction), and although it's hard to determine, i roughly estimate it was moving at about 50-70 mph (or whatever the aerial equivalent to that, would be). So it seemed to be flying fairly slow.

No disrespect intended to yourself, but i'm actually still a bit sceptical to the vids you posted above, despite seeing what my boss and i witnessed that day. But i've always been that type of person really, in a way that if my own eyes aren't seeing it for themselves, i tend to take other peoples sightings and accounts with a pinch of salt. So really i don't expect anyone viewing my posts to be convinced by what i'm telling them about my own personal experience.
Having said that, i do appreciate you taking the time, Dotini, to share with me what you think/suspect could be possible links. 👍

One more thing (a question more geared towards fellow UK residents), has anyone else ever visited Rendlesham Forest, in Suffolk?
I do have another weird experience (if you can call it that) when i visited there a few years ago, though it wasn't a strange sighting or anything along those lines.
Oh and before anyone says the claims of a UFO landing there have already been debunked, yes i know, and personally i don't believe there ever was one. I'm just curious to whether anyone else has experienced something odd, when visiting the place themselves.

Last edited:
@Dotini In your travels around the internet while researching UAP/UFO and general Space news. Has there been any reports of detection in Space of the wake or signal a craft would leave in Space while traveling at high velocities?

I find it hard to believe there is no evidence of this, if anything is traveling to, away or passed Earth and our Solar System. If we have the ability to detect Gravitational Waves from very distant occurrences, then surly we can detect ones closer to Earth. A craft traveling through space must leave some sort of signal or wake, in known and observable space either by direct interaction or indirect?

Highly respected UK publication, The Guardian, reports the following story as US military news.

US military

UFO report details ‘difficult to explain’ sightings, says US ex-intelligence director

US military pilots and satellites have recorded ‘a lot more’ UFO sightings than have been made public, John Ratcliffe says

3504.jpg

John Ratcliffe said the report would document previously unknown sightings from ‘all over the world’.Photograph: Sandy Huffaker/Getty Images

Tom McCarthy
@TeeMcSee
Mon 22 Mar 2021 09.43 EDT

US military pilots and satellites have recorded “a lot more” sightings of unidentified flying objects, or UFOs, than have been made public, Donald Trump’s former intelligence director John Ratcliffe said.

The truth is out there … perhaps: CIA releases thousands of UFO files
Read more

Asked on Fox News about a forthcoming government report on “unidentified aerial phenomena”, Ratcliffe said the report would document previously unknown sightings from “all over the world”.

“Frankly, there are a lot more sightings than have been made public,” he said.

“Some of those have been declassified. And when we talk about sightings, we are talking about objects that have been seen by navy or air force pilots, or have been picked up by satellite imagery, that frankly engage in actions that are difficult to explain, movements that are hard to replicate, that we don’t have the technology for.

“Or traveling at speeds that exceed the sound barrier without a sonic boom.”

1300.jpg

A video grab obtained 28 April 2020 courtesy of the US defense department shows part of an unclassified video taken by navy pilots. Photograph: DoD/AFP via Getty Images

The UFO report must be published by early June, pursuant to a clause in a Covid relief and spending package signed by Trump before he left office.

Ratcliffe served about eight months as director of national intelligence at the end of Trump’s term. Earlier, Trump moved to nominate Ratcliffe for the role but Ratcliffe withdrew over concerns he had exaggerated and fibbed about his experience as a prosecutor in Texas.

“I actually wanted to get this information out and declassify it before I left office,” Ratcliffe said, “but we weren’t able to get it down into an unclassified format that we were able to talk about quickly enough.”

The forthcoming report is to be issued by the defense department and intelligence agencies. When an unidentified aerial phenomena is identified, Ratcliffe said, analysts try to explain it as a potential weather disturbance or other routine spectacle.

“We always look for a plausible application,” he said. “Sometimes we wonder whether our adversaries have technologies that are a little but farther down the road than we thought or that we realized.

“But there are instances where we don’t have good explanations.

“So in short, things that we are observing that are difficult to explain – and so there’s actually quite a few of those, and I think that that info has been gathered and will be put out in a way the American people can see.”

Asked by Bartiromo where the unidentified phenomena were sighted, Ratcliffe replied, “actually all over the world, there have been sightings all over the world.

“Multiple sensors that are picking up these things. They’re unexplained phenomenon, and there’s actually quite a few more than have been made public.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/mar/22/us-government-ufo-report-sightings

Last edited:
Popular Mechanics is a venerable US publication, with historically close ties to the CIA. Below is their recent story.

Government Reports Say UFOs Broke Sound Barrier Without Sonic Boom

Ex-Intelligence Director confirms Navy and Air Force pilots have seen “difficult-to-explain,” “hard-to-replicate” objects.

bafd2e97-a754-4a0c-9597-121d0ee7a76d_1556556507.jpg

BY ANDREW DANIELS
MAR 22, 2021

ufo2-1616438822.jpg

DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE
  • Former Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe told Fox News the Pentagon has many reports about unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP), including UFO sightings that haven’t been made public.
  • Ratcliffe said the reports contain sightings of objects making movements that “are hard to replicate” and “traveling at speeds that exceed the sound barrier without a sonic boom.”
  • By law, the Pentagon must report more information on UFO sightings in June.
A former U.S. intelligence official recently revealed the Pentagon is sitting on “lots of reports” about what it officially calls unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP), better known as unidentified flying objects (UFOs).

John Ratcliffe, who served as the Director of National Intelligence Community from May 2020 to January 2021, told Fox News’s Maria Bartiromo on Friday the reports include sightings of objects that “frankly engage in actions that are difficult to explain.” Ratcliffe said both U.S. Navy and Air Force pilots and satellite imagery have spotted the UAP.

The objects reportedly made “movements that are hard to replicate that we don’t have the technology for, or traveling at speeds that exceed the sound barrier without a sonic boom,” Ratcliffe said. “In short, things that we are observing that are difficult to explain.”

When an aircraft increases its speed, pressure waves build up on it and eventually coalesce into a single shockwave. When the plane outruns that shockwave and travels faster than the speed of sound in air, it causes a sudden change in pressure, which in turn creates the sonic boom. There’s no publicly available scientific data to suggest any aircraft can break the sound barrier without producing a sonic boom; while engineers can take steps to try to reduce sonic booms, physics says it’s impossible to outright eliminate it.

Ratcliffe admitted the Pentagon simply can’t rationalize some of the reported sightings:

“We always look for a plausible explanation. You know, weather can cause disturbances, visual disturbances, sometimes we wonder whether or not our adversaries have technologies that are a little bit further down the road than we thought or that we realized. But there are instances where we don’t have good explanations for some of the things that we’ve seen.”

Ratcliffe told Bartiromo he wanted to “get this information out and declassify it” before he left office in January, when Donald Trump’s presidential administration gave way to Joe Biden’s. “But we weren’t able to get it down into an unclassified format that we could talk about quickly enough,” Ratcliffe said.

It’s unclear why Ratcliffe has decided to speak out about UAP now, although the former Director of Intelligence’s remarks may foreshadow a major report the Pentagon is set to release in the coming months. Indeed, 2021 promises to be one of the most significant years ever for the advancement of UFO disclosure—and that follows a year in which the U.S. Navy officially released three videos that show UFOs are genuine.

In August 2020, the Department of Defense (DoD) officially approved the establishment of an Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force (UAPTF). The task force will investigate the sightings of UAP.

The UAPTF is the first official government program affiliated with UFO research since a 2000s-era unit that analyzed unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) and other UAP lost its funding in 2012, even though multiple sources confirmed with Popular Mechanics that the unit remained active in secrecy after its shuttering.

The DoD formed the UAPTF to “improve its understanding of, and gain insight into, the nature and origins of [UAP],” Pentagon spokesperson Sue Gough told Popular Mechanics at the time. “The mission of the task force is to detect, analyze, and catalog [UAP] that could potentially pose a threat to U.S. national security.”

In June 2020’s Intelligence Authorization Act (IAA), the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence (SSCI) authorized appropriations for fiscal year 2021 for the UAPTF and supported its efforts to reveal any links that UAP “have to adversarial foreign governments, and the threat they pose to U.S. military assets and installations.”

In the IAA, the Select Committee on Intelligence said it “remains concerned that there is no unified, comprehensive process within the federal government for collecting and analyzing intelligence on [UAP], despite the potential threat,” and so it directed the task force to report its findings on UAP, “including observed airborne objects that have not been identified,” within 180 days.

When Trump signed the coronavirus relief and government funding bill into law in December 2020, it contained the IAA for Fiscal Year 2021, which means the UAPTF must report its findings to Congress by June 25.

While we don’t know what the task force will reveal in its first report, Ratcliffe’s remarks could offer hints. It’s noteworthy, for example, that he mentioned both U.S. Navy and Air Force pilots’ encounters with UAP. The Navy, of course, has confirmed three videos taken by Navy pilots show UAP, but the service also said the footage should have never been released to the public in the first place.

The Air Force, on the other hand, has largely been quiet regarding UAP. A former Director of National Intelligence’s admission that the Air Force has also seen UAP is significant, and may suggest the service plays a larger role in the forthcoming UAPTF report.

Additionally, Ratcliffe emphasized the Pentagon’s documented UAP sightings go beyond “just a pilot or just a satellite, or some intelligence collection,” he said. “Usually, we have multiple sensors that are picking up on these things.”

That tracks with what government officials who have access to such documents revealed to The Debrief last year: “Some of the best evidence acquired has come from measurement and signature intelligence (MASINT), rather than from videos or still images,” one source told The Debrief’s Tim McMillan, a contributor to Popular Mechanics.

While we wait to see what’s in the UAPTF’s report, Ratcliffe made it clear to Bartiromo that he’s just as eager for disclosure as the public is.

“I think it will be healthy for as much of this information to get out there as possible so that the American people can see some of the things that we’ve been dealing with,” he said.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/mi...ier-without-sonic-boom/?utm_source=reddit.com

Back