UH OH! Guess what day it is!

Azure Flare

Daihatsu Midget is Love. Daihatsu Midget is Life.
(Banned)
Carthage, TN
race_emhard
Yes, it is in fact Wednesday, aka "hump day". But more importantly, it is a very special day for me.

My 5th year anniversary of becoming a member of GTPlanet. :cheers:

Let's look back at some things I remember in the past 5 years...

18, playing since the original. This game was a life changing experience for me and I would like to thank everybody who helped in its inception. Long live the real driving simulator!:cheers:

It was actually 2 days before I turned 18 when I registered, but I posted that a few days after I registered. And to think, I came up with that name. :crazy:

Do I think any differently about GT now? Not really, the GT series played a big part in who I am today.

I've been here for 2 years, never properly introduced myself. So here goes.

• How did you find GTPlanet? Early April 2008, a friend emailed me a link for a video about the Ferrari F2007 in GT5P. That link led to the news page on GTP.
  • Where are you from? 50 miles east of Nashville, TN.
  • When did you start playing the Gran Turismo games? 1998
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? Can't afford one right now
  • What other games do you enjoy? I tend to enjoy games that has guns in them, because gun = fun.
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community, now that you're a part of this site? To not get banned.

2 years afterward, I finally decided to make an intro thread. "To not get banned" :lol:

I should also note that was still in the aftermath of what happened in the previous FPT. That was a pretty sad time for GTP.

I'll admit that I was never really a hater, I was just annoyed about how many ponies were in the funny pics thread. While I was on vacation,I have come to realize that friendship is magic.

'Dat orange.

And who can forget this!

:boggled:

Anyway, 5 years!

Here's to the next 5! :cheers:

You and race'emhard are the same member? How did this go unnoticed?

Congrats, also.

Really? How did I miss that?

Wait, wait...so, you actually liked the color orange too? :eek: :eek: :eek:
I really did not expect that!

I mean, I just remembered about that trivial talk regarding favorite colors in The Infield, (not sure if you also remember it, because I'm not a highly active GTP member and I don't run into you often) which followed a play on homographs and blue tits.

I have no idea about your history here, although I think I've heard about the Nissan test driver claim. (I didn't know it was you) I'm sorry if the talk on my love for orange things made you recall negative memories regarding forum behavior...I didn't mean to ignite such feelings!

And, well...congratulations! :cheers:
Always glad to see another member expressing how he or she really enjoys his or her time on GTPlanet. :gtpflag:

I'm sorry if the talk on my love for orange things made you recall negative memories regarding forum behavior...I didn't mean to ignite such feelings!

That little episode is something I can't and will never let myself forget.

Not in a negative way, I hope... :nervous:

I hope there's actually some positive light in it...well, at least, if you have any thoughts that I was trying to make you recall bad things, you now know that I didn't mean to.

That little episode is something I can't and will never let myself forget.

Don't let it bother you too much :) .
In a way it was sort of wishful thinking, and maybe dreams do come true, and one has to start somewhere, right?
Prevarication, though, is a bad habit, and yes, one must draw the line when trying to fool all of the people all of the time.
Younger folk build a sort of mental world around them that can be very, very real - and the lines between what is, and what is not, can sometimes blur. As you get older, and more lessons are learned (like the one you learned), you get wiser, sharper, and in fact one day strong enough to make those dreams come true.
Then you can come back here - and say it for real.
In fact, by that point, you may not even care enough to say it. You'll be too busy enjoying yourself. :)

Congrats on the five years in the community, Azure. Well done! :cheers:

Back