UK Meetup? Leeds 11/8

Beeblebrox237

Two heads, no brains...
Premium
United Kingdom
Betelgeuse
Beeblebrox_237
Hey everyone! My birthday is tomorrow (2/8), and I've been considering doing something for my birthday. I have a lot of friends on here so I'd discussed with a few of you holding a meetup in Leeds.

So, I'm going to propose a meetup in Leeds (where I live) on Saturday the 11th of August. What we actually do during said meetup is up for discussion, I had thought about going karting at the local kart track (probably about £30 for two 15 minute sessions). I also have access to a decent size room (think 15-20 people) and some board games and cards if you fancy something like that, or maybe a casual poker tournament, for which I can acquire some chips if you'd like. Alternatively, I'm not opposed to a good old-fashioned piss-up though the prescription I have means that alcohol has a much stronger affect than usual on me so I have to pace myself more than I'm used to.

@Famine @Katiegan @Lizard @polysmut You all live relatively close and you're pretty cool, so you get a tag. @GTP_Ingram @homeforsummer You guys are also my friends so you get a tag even though you live a bit further away. Fancy coming along to celebrate my birthday? As long as you help me stay sober enough to find my way home, I'll actually have the ability to put three people up, since I'll have tenancy in a shared house with a spare bedroom and a studio flat, plus a roll mat and sleeping bag.

@Danny You said you were busy so I'm going to pretend to be mad at you.

So, yeah. If you're interested, comment or send me a PM. I'm open to moving the date to the 10th or 12th if there's demand but for various reasons I'd like to keep it near this weekend. If there's not much interest then it might just be me and one or two others going for a few pints, and that's cool, too. I've put this in the rumble strip since all are welcome and I'd love to meet some new members from this wonderful forum.

The only thing I can do is wish you a very, very happy birthday and a very nice day tomorrow with your real GTP friends.

:cheers:

I sound a bit like Trump, don't I?

A friendly warning, if your are still taking antidepressant, be very careful with alcohol in combination with these meds.

The only thing I can do is wish you a very, very happy birthday and a very nice day tomorrow with your real GTP friends.

:cheers:

I sound a bit like Trump, don't I?

A friendly warning, if your are still taking antidepressant, be very careful with alcohol in combination with these meds.
@kikie Seriously, though, if you want to come 'round for this meetup hit me up and we'll sort something out.

Last edited:
@kikie @Play You know you'll be in the game given that my antidepressant will be with my current meds. Seriously, though, if you want to come r'ound for this meetup hit me up and we'll sort something out.
Thanks! I would if I could but I can't.

I don't get it. The heat wave is messing with my head. :ouch:

Last edited:
You all live relatively close and you're pretty cool
Well, one out of two isn't bad.

I'll need to check my wifecalendar as it's school holidays and we're managing Tiny Temper on alternate days, but most possibly, yes.

Happy Birthday Jake, it's the second here already.
Anyway obviously too far to get there for me so enjoy the day. :cheers:

Oh my bees, you've just got a year older but you're still offensively young.

*mumbles about the war*

No comment. :dopey: :embarrassed:
You have the right to remain silent. You do not have to say anything, however it may harm your defence if you fail to mention something which you later rely on in court, anything you do say may be taken as evidence.

:dopey:

Whats a Japanese flat top got to do with this?
Think less naval vessel and more a vocal expression from a late night talk show sidekick.

"Dad said I should be over 6 ft tall in a few years".

"Yeah, but he also said you were going to be intelligent, but that never happened....HIYOOOOOOO".

Think less naval vessel and more a vocal expression from a late night talk show sidekick.
That will be the issue. I am British, that show isn't mainstream tv here, it is something you have to go flicking through the channels for.

That will be the issue. I am British, that show isn't mainstream tv here, it is something you have to go flicking through the channels for.
FittingCloudyInganue.gif

Oh right, British...

3bf40023c6a41821f93a08f17717f9d2.gif

:P

Thanks for the invite Jake but my schedule is crazy at the moment so I can't make it. If any of you guys are doing anything in future let me know though - a long lead time usually helps me plan non-work things!

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! I'm in the process of moving into a new house hence why I've been a bit busy. I have, however, obtained some poker chips so that we can teach you, @Katiegan. Lizard gets in Saturday morning so we could do karting once everyone is around, perhaps early afternoon, then progress on to some poker/cards/board games and see what we feel like after that.

And here I figured you were getting over celebrations and hadn't yet managed to peel your face from porcelain.
Don't say that... If you had premium you would understand.

Yeh I would be up for some karting.

Back