UKGTP15 Interest?

• Thread starter Venari
  • 95 comments
Bugger. For 2 reasons.
A) I'll be in Blighty for most of March, but will have left by early April.
B) I've absolutely no GT5 experience and will require an extremely competent co-driver with detailed pace notes... :P

B) I've absolutely no GT5 experience and will require an extremely competent co-driver with detailed pace notes... :P

I'm sure we could arrange a plate system containing words like "left," "right," "flat out," "hairpin right," "brake," "Brake," and "BRAKE!!" on them.

I'm sure we could arrange a plate system containing words like "left," "right," "flat out," "hairpin right," "brake," "Brake," and "BRAKE!!" on them.

Perhaps we should engrave that on the awards. :lol:

:lol:! Just like the "PIT!" plate we used to distract VEXD at UKGTP5!

We have eyes on another property which will be fine for the task. Smallhorses: maybe we could rearrange to be a bit earlier? Get me a carrier pigeon with your 'in UK' dates just in case.

Wasn't I going to show you around the Aston factory or give you a run in my Mercury, or something? :D

Saving money for the trip,

Definitely interested for another UK lan.:)

If I went I'd have to leave on Sunday, as I have an Orchestra course starting on Monday.

One step closer to a 'slightly before the end of March' room date. Smallhorses, you haven't told me dates...

Is this still currant?

Sorry, can't resist a good bun pun.

Fig-ures.

Edit: To avoid remote racing this time around, it's probably worth running the B spec seasonals at Spa and/or La Sarthe before they become unavailable on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. I know there may not be many cars to buy for this event but 20 million easy credits is worth having. My level 27 Bob won at Spa comfortably in an NSX borrowed from my main account. It shouldn't take more than 2.5 hours.

Last edited:
Roo
Fig-ures.

Edit: To avoid remote racing this time around, it's probably worth running the B spec seasonals at Spa and/or La Sarthe before they become unavailable on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. I know there may not be many cars to buy for this event but 20 million easy credits is worth having. My level 27 Bob won at Spa comfortably in an NSX borrowed from my main account. It shouldn't take more than 2.5 hours.

I have a most excellent fallback plan which may prevent money being required at all - just the whole gifting thing again. Since we rarely use top end racers, the 1m cap shouldn't be that much of an issue.

Oh, I nearly forgot - that is I did forget originally, but I remembered again.

Since I'm not allowed to organise anything for this (Thank. 🤬 ) and to give a slightly more personal stamp on things, I came up with a brilliant idea. We usually can get through six to ten events, depending on if we have a spank holiday to play on too. Since we also have about ten attendees, it might be nice if everyone came up with their own event, including cars and, if they want to fix tracks, tracks too. They can then assume responsibilty for the testing and the sending out of cars to everyone else. Though we'll need someone to make sure we don't run the same tracks or cars too often (and that'll be the organiser's job - and that's not me. Thank. 🤬 ).

Setting the Endurance aside as one event and presumably a repeat of Venari's EZ-GT with slightly different parameters as his event, that just leaves what everyone else can come up with :D

So, what platform are the races held on? Playstation 2 or 3?

Slightly more good news on venue. When the lease is in our grubby paws, we're on. Date suggestions? (I'll have Katie Melua, ta.)

And yes, if you're bringing yourself, you will also need to being a PS3, a wheel if you got one, a DS3, a copy of GT5, a TV and ideally, a set of headphones to plug into that lot somewhere. And some power cables and at least a three gang multiway extension.

I can finally give Roo a lift to a LAN after (does some Maffs) 7 lifts to LANs(?), it's not optional either!

I can finally give Roo a lift to a LAN after (does some Maffs) 7 lifts to LANs(?), it's not optional either!

Righty ho then 👍

Fridays are free now, by the way.

Do not let him touch the dashboard.

:irked:👍

I think the Fiat is perfectly capable of breaking all by itself.

Just like everything I break touch.

Dear Xenu... a man with Uri Geller-esque, catastrophic effects on electrical systems sitting in a FIAT Stilo?

tesla_coil.jpg

So, is everyone testing for their events? :D

Is this happening in March then? As it's not going to be over Easter there's a good chance I'll be free assuming the missus hasn't got other ideas and I've not spent all my money on Lacoste track suits.

If I make it I've already decided to name of my event "Drive it like you stole it" ...*goes to look at car list for 1980's Fords*

Slightly more good news on venue. When the lease is in our grubby paws, we're on. Date suggestions? (I'll have Katie Melua, ta.)

And yes, if you're bringing yourself, you will also need to being a PS3, a wheel if you got one, a DS3, a copy of GT5, a TV and ideally, a set of headphones to plug into that lot somewhere. And some power cables and at least a three gang multiway extension.

Awesome, if I can get my uncle to take me up there then I can bring 2 Playstation 3's, 2 Copies of GT5, 2 Wheels, 2 Televisions.

Might be nice to establish who has what DLC too - there are some useful cars (and tracks) in there for UKGTP events.

[/not organising]

Might be nice to establish who has what DLC too - there are some useful cars (and tracks) in there for UKGTP events.
I think all the DLC cars and tracks should be a pre-requisite. They're not exactly expensive and Route X will make for some hilarious slipstream races, backwards driving top speed record attempts, how fast can we make randomcrappycar go, etc.

Is my old age memory acting up or were there races that were planned and not used last time that we could re-use this time?

I have a series in mind that I should work out the details for. It's called "What estate to be in?" but I'm not telling you what type of cars may be used yet...

D'oh!

There are indeed a couple of leftover series - I think we had one from Sureshot at least - but we can happily revise them. I've also got some new things I want to try out, but I've created more than my fair share of series so other people can have first refusal on what types of series they want to run. We all know how handicaps and pick'n'mixes go now - we could even have a 10 race Dutcho in there too if anyone fancies designing one. I've been buying every UCD car I can, so I've got quite a range of cackers for events :D

I've made a couple of suggestions to Venari for the endurance race and some of them will require the DLC. That's not a huge problem - we don't need everyone for that, just five or six - but I'd agree that there's some useful things in there (Leaf for Algore? :D), not least of which is freaking Spa.

Yeah, Spa is a must. I hope to run the Fat bastard handicap (we didn't run it, did we?), Spa would be good for that. The whole lot can be had for not a lot, can't it?

Roo
I think the Fiat is perfectly capable of breaking all by itself.

You're lucky I don't remember when the Volvo broke down on the way up to one of the Northern LANs...oh wait.

Back