Ultimate Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08 Drift Setup!

• Thread starter inuakki
  • 38 comments
Wolfram4
I have an incredibly good drift setup for the Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08 that I believe excels in the aspect of being easy to use for new drifters, as well as allowing experienced drifters to achieve much success by drifting it.
Several friends of mine tried it out and reported much success with it. These include longtime drifters as well as one person who just started drifting.

Here it is, and let me know what you guys think.

Note: Setup was created using a wheel.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Wheel Settings:
Feedback Strength: 3

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood
Chassis Reinforcement

ECU Tuning (Racing Chip)
Racing Air Filter
Catalytic Converter: Sports

Fully Customizable Transmission (this can be left with the default settings or tuned to your liking)

Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing

Adjustable LSD:

Rear:
Initial - 10
Acceleration - 30
Breaking - 20

Carbon Drive Shaft

Fully Custom Suspension:

Front Rear
-25 Ride Height -20
14.5 Spring Rate 14.5
7 Extension 7
7 Compression 7
5 Anti-Roll Bars 5
0.0 Camber Angle 0.0
0.0 Toe Angle 0.20

Brake Controller:
Front Rear
5 5

Comfort Hard Tires on both Front and Rear.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Last edited:
Glad it's working for you. :)

And on that note, if anyone has any tune suggestions that they've found, please feel free to post them.

The most important thing for drifting all the way through those tight corners is throttle control. Often times you can get away with just keeping the throttle at 100%, but appropriately controlling it is what separates the good drifts from the amazing drifts. That said, it's all about practice so don't give up!

Yeah, i love the build and it is build for DT not race mode. I got my highest score of 12473 on autumn mini with this car great tune d00d! Only thing i might say is for multiplayer is to add some camber on the fronts.

Note: Just noticed I didn't specify what type of comfort tires to use. My setup was made using Comfort Hard Tires and this been fixed in the original post. Good luck!

It's beautiful bro. Very easily controllable. Needs more power and responsiveness at the front end for my liking though. But as a base, I have nothing to complain about.

Here are some shots from my very first run with this car I'd like to share. =)

caperinginside1.jpg

caperinginside2.jpg

caperinginside5.jpg

caperinginside7.jpg

I've considered increasing the acceleration response a bit, but the thing is that if you do so, it becomes much more difficult to maintain an even throttle throughout the drift and while the end of the drift might be easier, I think overall it isn't worth it.
I've noticed that, for example, at the end of the first corner on Suzuka East, if the car isn't angled in the direction that the next stretch of road is, it is very difficult to keep the car from sliding towards the outside of the corner. That said, all you really need to keep this from happening is to enter the corner correctly and perhaps get the throttle at max a little sooner.

sweet i will buy the car and give this setup a try tomorrow and post how it works out. thanks, i've been having trouble trying to drift in this game.

i still will prob give it a try but i really wanna get a S2000 or viper and set it up

Last edited:
Just thought I might add, It works with a controller. I don't think there's enough power behind it to maintain it around the corner, but that might be just me because i'm new to drifting :) Best score on Autumn Ring with this setup up was 11325, Still working on it.

with what I added, Was a little fast for autumn ring but I got 12076 with

Stage 1 & 2 Engine
Titanium Exhausts.

This give it enough Umph to get around the corners

Last edited:
Put some camber in the front. Start at around 2.0 for both sides. This will allow you to get more angle since the wheels are positioned better for drifting!

Put some camber in the front. Start at around 2.0 for both sides. This will allow you to get more angle since the wheels are positioned better for drifting!

yea i did this and it did help, but i still suck :grumpy:. GT5 is being a PITA to drift in with a wheel, i tried drifting with the dualshock and did ok but i was using a awd rally car so i can't really use that to compare.

right now i have max camber on the front and non on the back (before i was messing around and maxed the camber out on all four corners just goofing around and it kinda helped.lol)

Last edited:
I haven't tried this setup with the aero parts so I can't really tell you, however I have seen people drift this car with the wing and other aero parts so you can certainly add them and see how it works out for you.

Hi. I let myself to refresh this topic.
Do anybody checked if this setup works on DualShock3 controller? Because I also use this car for drifting, but i was wondering how to setup LSD and Suspension settings appropriate. However i don't have Driving Wheel, but a DS3 controller, so that is why I asked a question.

Please reply.

Krzycho92
Hi. I let myself to refresh this topic.
Do anybody checked if this setup works on DualShock3 controller? Because I also use this car for drifting, but i was wondering how to setup LSD and Suspension settings appropriate. However i don't have Driving Wheel, but a DS3 controller, so that is why I asked a question.

Please reply.

I will edit this post here in a few and give you my setup. It wad works for me.

Edit:

Weight Reduction - Stage 3
Window Reduction
Carbon Hood
ECU
Stage 3 engine
Sport Intake Manifold
Racing Filter
Sports Exhaust manifold
Sports Catalyst
Sport Exhaust (i use for the best sound)
Supercharger
Twin Clutch
Semi-Racing flywheel
Adj LSD
Carbon Driveshaft

---------------------------------------------
Ride Height - -23/-23
Spring Rate - 10.5/10.5
Extenstion - 5/5
Compression - 5/5
Anti-Roll - 4/3
Camber - 4/1.5
Toe - 0.00/0.20
Brake Bal - 5/5

On comfort hard tires.

I hope this helps. To me this is a great set up. Very easy to get sideways, stay sideways, and have great angle.

Last edited:
spank_ur_mom Thank You very much for settings, but You didn't add the LSD settings. So if you could also add this set I will be grateful, or maybe there is no need to adjust the LSD, but only buy and install it?

i tried this i have never seen a better set up i use to use the amuse nismo one but this steps on it this is easy to drift looks like a pro and is just amazing

i made one tweak i use stage 3 engine and put hp at 450 and it is sweet close to my setups speed but not quiet

just tried it...it is a pretty good set up. Just gets a bit rough when playing online. In practice mode it's smooth as hell!

I may try the settings later but really there is no 100% brilliant tune. Everyone drifts differently and likes different settings. I'm fine to drift something which is extremely stiff but I prefer something a bit softer

If doesnt have Gearbox settings, its not ultimate. The Z34 have one of the most anoying gearbox releations from all drifting cars in the game.

All the points were from the first drove round :sly:

Sector mode tsukuba : 14414
Full lap mode tsukuba : 19132
Sector mod autumn ring mini : 11062
Full lap mode autumn ring mini : 18025

Using a DS3 :ill:

Back