Ultimate Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08 Drift Setup!

• Thread starter inuakki
  • 38 comments
Only by looking at this I see a problem, you're front height is lower than the back which creates understeer which is the opposite of what you want for drifting. The more understeer the car has, the harder it is to get the car sideways & get more angle.

Last edited:
Only by looking at this I see a problem, you're front height is lower than the back which creates understeer which is the opposite of what you want for drifting. The more understeer the car has, the harder it is to get the car sideways & get more angle.

On a wheel its different. The Car becomes more controllable.

Hmmm..... I know people that use wheels that prefer lower back for less understeer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my tune: (fox you might recognize this type of setup)

Upgrades: All
Aero: Small Lip Spoiler
Tires: Comfort Hard

526HP
1244kg

Aerodynamics:
Set to lowest

Suspension:
-19 / -25
7.3 / 5.4
1 / 10
8 / 1
2 / 1
2.1 / 1.3
- .50 / + .03

LSD:
14 / 36 / 31

Tranny:
Set max to 162

Brakes Sensitivity:
4 / 0

TEST

Full Lap Tsukuba: 27,585 points
Full Lap Autumn Ring: 35,559 points

Note: Very good control on this car. Smooth transtinsions. No gearbox problems. This car can do the entire Tsubuka (if you start on the straight before the last turn) in one smooth & perfect line.

Last edited:
Hmmm..... I know people that use wheels that prefer lower back for less understeer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my tune: (fox you might recognize this type of setup)

Upgrades: All
Aero: Small Lip Spoiler
Tires: Comfort Hard

526HP
1244kg

Aerodynamics:
Set to lowest

Suspension:
-19 / -25
7.3 / 5.4
1 / 10
8 / 1
2 / 1
2.1 / 1.3
- .50 / + .03

LSD:
14 / 36 / 31

Tranny:
Set max to 162

Brakes Sensitivity:
4 / 0

TEST

Full Lap Tsukuba: 27,585 points
Full Lap Autumn Ring: 35,559 points

Note: Very good control on this car. Smooth transtinsions. No gearbox problems. This car can do the entire Tsubuka (if you start on the straight before the last turn) in one smooth & perfect line.

Of course I recognize it. I still use it but with altered ride heights..

I'm goin to try these setups . I have been drifting my wheel 8 week now and I'm finally getting good. I have been practicing with my fair lady a lot. I'll let you know how I get on and will post my setups for ds3 and wheel thanks.

mmmm... not really. I much rather lower rear because i don't need to be as aggressive with the wheel. Most of the setups i've seen on wheel are lower in the back.

Also the force feedback on 3 suggests that you need to be a little more aggressive than usual. I would give my setup but it was tuned by Ant and i'm not sure how he'd feel about that.

PS: I suggest higher ffb if you wanna be smoother. (try 5 then move up to 8 or 10)

Back