Ultimate Racing 2D Reviewed

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 10 comments
I picked this up on Steam a while back on a dirt-cheap sale. I've not dug into the career modes yet but I agree it is a quite fun if simple way to spend an hour or two now and then. And with so many options there's always something different to do. I have Super Sprint on my NES but the nostalgia is a bit more fun than the gameplay in that one. I had wished for a new Slicks-n-Slides type game for a while and this one seems about as close as you can get.

Well I'd already made the decision to buy this from the store when I saw it yesterday (£7.99) can't really loose out at this cheap price.

I wish more smaller games developers would charge lower prices like this for their products, one of my current peeves is when I see these old school style games and 8 bit themed games and being charged quite highly on the PSN store, granted some of them may have taken a bit of work to produce but you'd think they'd realise they might pick up more sales at a cheaper price?

Will let you know how I get on with it later!

I bought this on a similar sale not so long ago on Xbox but only played it for 5 mins. I need to have a proper go 👍

£6.99 on Steam? I think I will, thank you very much :)

I think my gaming laptop should run it...

Annotation 2020-07-21 180540.jpg

Another cheap indie game worth buying is Super Pixel Racers. It's a kind of 2d overhead rally cross game, it's great fun.

Last edited:
Well purchase will be made tonight, just waiting for the Summer Sale details to go up today before I complete my checkout just in case there are
any good bargains. :cheers:

I bought this on steam after seeing your review, I would have not have know it existed otherwise. It's a good little game for the price, It's a bit frustrating when you end up on the grass and it totally kills momentum but when you nail a lap it's so satisfying.

Back