Week 103​

27797577.jpg

Chosen by week 101 winner jus1029

"Bright Lights"

Cars: Any.

Track: Any that have neon lights.

Photo Travel: Las Vegas only.

Poll Size: --

Explanation: In the words of week 101 winner, jus1029: "Hong Kong, for me, is the most beautiful night track because of its neon light signs. Trust me. I've been to HK for a long time and going through Causeway Bay is a photographers' dream. I'm not restricting it to Hong Kong, so Las Vegas can be used."

Closes:

March, 8th

Rules:

• Allowed photo editing tools: Resize. No other modifications allowed outside GT4 photomode.
  • You may submit one entry. It must be your own work and not previously entered in a competition.
  • You may only change your entry once. When changing it, indicate clearly (please, when doing this, edit your post with your new entry, do not submit a new post with a new entry)
  • Please mark your Final Entry clearly in RED.
  • Your entry may not exceed the poll character limit. (5 characters are enough to name your image). If your entry exceeds it, the link to the full size image, will be removed.
  • We recommend you use a free image hosting service such as or
  • You must post your entry either as a thumbnail, or as a preview linked to the full image - see here for instructions .
  • Previews should be no larger than 400 pixels along the longest side - be it vertical or horizontal - and should not have more or less effects than the full size image.
  • Photos must be taken from a normal version of GT4, do not use any cheats or Game Shark codes to modify the game content.
  • Please do not ask other members to choose your entry. Have confidence in your own skills and go with your favorite shot.

Happy Photomoding everyone!​

Dang. I'd enter this, but none of the tracks on my pics seem to have neon lighting. The closest thing is Seattle, which is more evening anyways. Guess I gotta hit the games, if I can find time.

SVX
Hong Kong has heaps, so does Las Vegas.
Neither of which I have pictures from. Guess I'll have to find some free time to go Photomoding.

I did have picture of a Corvette at the Route 5 tunnel, but since it lacked neon, it didn't work. New entry pending, perhaps at Las Vegas.
Okay, here you go:
FINAL ENTRY

Last edited:
Dang. I'd enter this, but none of the tracks on my pics seem to have neon lighting. The closest thing is Seattle, which is more evening anyways. Guess I gotta hit the games, if I can find time.

Hong Kong has heaps, so does Las Vegas.

Where are all the entries?!?! Get startin', guys!

FINAL ENTRY

It's the British Lotus Esprit V8 in British Hong Kong! I originally wanted to go with a picture of the Esprit in front on the Esprit clothing brand billboard, but I decided to go with this one. I upped the white balance a lot to get rid of the brown-ish glow of the track, there's no editing whatsoever.

(sorry for the double post, I quoted my previous post instead of editing it... my apologies! :()

Nice! But I does the Route 5 tunnel truly count as neon lighting? I could go take another pic if Route 5 doesn't entirely work.

Naveek Darkroom
Nice! But I does the Route 5 tunnel truly count as neon lighting? I could go take another pic if Route 5 doesn't entirely work.

You will need to enter a different photo. Those are just plain lights after all.

You will need to enter a different photo. Those are just plain lights after all.

Okay, no worries, I have plenty of time. If I have the time tomorrow, I'm gonna go do a photo op at Las Vegas.

Crooooooow is right. SSR5's tunnel lights are just normal. I only want to see neon lights from Hong Kong and Las Vegas. Sorry, Naveek.

No worries. I'm planning to enter a new photo tomorrow if I got the time. I'll probably go with Las Vegas, I'm not worried.

I just realized something. Isn't there a rule that states that if one person wins the Comps two times in a row someone else chooses the theme. And if I remember correctly Justin won two times in a row and chose both times.

Last edited:
Where is that?

Hong Kong, leading into the hairpin. I think the bright parts are a reflection of some other light source, but I can't see what it is. It doesn't make any sense for concrete just to glow or even reflect light. I wanted that glow to illuminate the photo like light from a fire would. Not as bright as neon, but loads brighter than it ought to be.

Post your entries as soon as possible! Poll opens tomorrow 1:30pm (GMT +8).

Yeah. I'm talking to you, Skython and korza. :sly:

Such a shame, I probably would have voted for that, Petrolhead. But even the image wouldn't have been let through, because to have the entry considered the size has to be less than 400 pixels either way I'm pretty sure.

Latest Posts

Back