Premium
New Zealand
Wellington
f_UECMainBannm_8c7d72f.png

Week 86​

27797577.jpg

Chosen by week 84 winner senamic

"Nostalgia at Sarthe"

Cars: Any car that raced at Le Mans up to and including 1999.

Track: Sarthe II

Photo Travel: What do you think?

Poll Size: A couple of inches on the webpage (no limit)

Explanation: In the words of week 84 winner, senamic: Remember the days of Group C? Or perhaps you favored the 90s races, where manufacturers made GTs to beat the prototypes? Capture an image at the classic Le Mans circuit to bring back these emotions.

Closes:

June, 9th

Rules:

• Allowed photo editing tools: Resize. No other modifications allowed outside GT4 photomode.
  • You may submit one entry. It must be your own work and not previously entered in a competition.
  • You may only change your entry once. When changing it, indicate clearly (please, when doing this, edit your post with your new entry, do not submit a new post with a new entry)
  • Please mark your Final Entry clearly in RED.
  • Your entry may not exceed the poll character limit. (5 characters are enough to name your image). If your entry exceeds it, the link to the full size image, will be removed.
  • We recommend you use a free image hosting service such as or
  • You must post your entry either as a thumbnail, or as a preview linked to the full image - see here for instructions .
  • Previews should be no larger than 400 pixels along the longest side - be it vertical or horizontal - and should not have more or less effects than the full size image.
  • Photos must be taken from a normal version of GT4, do not use any cheats or Game Shark codes to modify the game content.
  • Please do not ask other members to choose your entry. Have confidence in your own skills and go with your favorite shot.
  • The theme chooser cannot enter the competition he is judging.

Happy Photomoding everyone!

I know this may sound stupid, but where can I find a reference of the cars that raced at Le Mans?

Wikipedia would possibly have the cars that won at Le Mans.

Winners

1966-1969: Ford GT40
1988: Jaguar XJR-9???
1989: Sauber Mercedes C9
1991: Mazda 787B
1992: Peugeot 905
1999: BMW V12 LMR

Some may be wrong, as this is all from memory

Others

1989: Nissan R89C
1989: Toyota Minolta 88C-V
1998: Nissan R390
1998: Mercedes CLK GTR

I don't know about this, but I know it won in 1995, but it's a different version
1997: BMW Mclaren F1 GTR

Last edited:
Thanks for the list Skython. Senamic said that you can use any car that raced up to and including 1999.

Nope, the 787b has been the only Japanese car that's won. It says in the car info "Any car that raced at Le Mans up to and including 1999.". You don't have to take a picture of a car that won there.

FINAL ENTRY

Last edited:
You forgot the Nissan R92CP and the Toyota 88C-V from your list, Skython11.

Winners

1966-1969: Ford GT40
1988: Jaguar XJR-9???
1989: Sauber Mercedes C9
1991: Mazda 787B
1992: Peugeot 905
1999: BMW V12 LMR

Some may be wrong, as this is all from memory

Others

1989: Nissan R89C
1989: Toyota Minolta 88C-V
1998: Nissan R390
1998: Mercedes CLK GTR

I don't know about this, but I know it won in 1995, but it's a different version
1997: BMW Mclaren F1 GTR

Now that I know, thanks to your help, I am sure to compete in this race. Or photomode challenge.

The R92CP didn't compete but the Toyota 88C-V did and it failed miserably like the rest of the Japanese entries

I've never participated on photomode competition but i decided do it this time so here is my

Final Entry

Last edited:
How did you make your entry look like its the 60's as well, even the ground, barriers and trees look right for the time, well done

Is it okay if my entry has a R92CP in it. It was an evolution of a car (R90K) that competed at Le Mans?

It never raced at Le mans, but I reckon it should be okay since it's pretty much the same Group C-like car (is it Group C?)

If the R92CP did not win any Sarthe race, then the car is ineligible.

How did you make your entry look like its the 60's as well, even the ground, barriers and trees look right for the time, well done

I just decreased the White Balancing levels. That's the look I wanted it to come out as. Thanks too!

Last edited:
If the R92CP did not win any Sarthe race, then the car is ineligible.

I just decreased the White Balancing levels. That's the look I wanted it to come out as. Thanks too!

The competition isn't only winners from what I know

The competition isn't only winners from what I know

My fault. When I saw your post that listed the cars that won, that made me think of only use cars that won at Le Mans. It's all your fault for the mix up. :P

Dammit, your not supposed to know that I caused it, and dammit, I knew that would backfire :P But its your fault for believing the dribble I create :P

Dammit, your not supposed to know that I caused it, and dammit, I knew that would backfire :P But its your fault for believing the dribble I create :P

Take it easy Jethro! No need to go all Charlie Sheen.

:lol: Senamic has just replied, and said you may enter a picture with that car in it.

Just to confirm, they did not have to win at Sarthe :P

Also, if this is open a few more days and I can get my PS2 running... :)

If Senamic & Korza post an entry, this would probably be the first GT4 Photomode competition week to not be extended as usual as I've noticed.

Back