Week 87​

27797577.jpg

Chosen by week 85 winner GrumpEone

"Open to Artistic Quality"

Cars: Any.

Track: Any.

Photo Travel: Allowed.

Poll Size: Any.

Explanation: In the words of week 85 winner, GrumpEone: "After a handful of excessively restrictive Themes, let's go with an open theme, concentrating on artistic quality. Qualities should include, a good Subject, pleasant Color Balance, smooth Eye-Movement (the eye is led throughout the image, from the edge through the background to the subject, then away to the the other subtle details), and an overall good feel to the image."

Closes:

June, 23rd

Rules:

• Allowed photo editing tools: Resize. No other modifications allowed outside GT4 photomode.
  • You may submit one entry. It must be your own work and not previously entered in a competition.
  • You may only change your entry once. When changing it, indicate clearly (please, when doing this, edit your post with your new entry, do not submit a new post with a new entry)
  • Please mark your Final Entry clearly in RED.
  • Your entry may not exceed the poll character limit. (5 characters are enough to name your image). If your entry exceeds it, the link to the full size image, will be removed.
  • We recommend you use a free image hosting service such as or
  • You must post your entry either as a thumbnail, or as a preview linked to the full image - see here for instructions .
  • Previews should be no larger than 400 pixels along the longest side - be it vertical or horizontal - and should not have more or less effects than the full size image.
  • Photos must be taken from a normal version of GT4, do not use any cheats or Game Shark codes to modify the game content.
  • Please do not ask other members to choose your entry. Have confidence in your own skills and go with your favorite shot.
  • The theme chooser cannot enter the competition he is judging.

Happy Photomoding everyone!

Just think of all the possibilities. (Pardon my girlish sense)
Two weeks sounds like a long time to wait until the poll opens.

We can use any car in any track or photomode location in anyway for this competition?

Great! I will use a photo that some of you already know but is good enough for my
Final Entry

Come on people, keep entering your pictures to reject postponing this week's competition.

Here's my entry. I even have a clickable preview!

FINAL ENTRY

Last edited:
Thanks, My only problem with it is that I can't view it properly on my monitor.

Its the resolution. The resolution of my main computer is 1600x900 (16:9) and the picture is 1280x960 (4:3).

Last edited:
Its the resolution. The resolution of my main computer is 1600x900 and the picture is 1280x960.

A picture at a 4x3 resolution on a 16x9 screen, that's the same setup on my computer too. There shouldn't be any problem in the first place. There has to be more than the normality of the photo resolution.

It's not the aspect, the bottom of the photo goes below the screen, and the bottom of the picture is my favorite part.

I don't really understand the theme :confused:

In these PMC competitions, what we all are creating is art. What makes it interesting, is that it is combined with a topic most of us have a love for, racing and gaming. It is quite a bummer that most of the shots taken are judged more about the cars used, than the actual art aspect. If the shot is composed correctly a VW Beetle can be far better than a Corvette Stingray, from an art perspective anyway (even though we all know the 'vette is a more beautiful machine). What I was looking for here, was more focus on the artistic composition than car & track selection. Check out the link below for some tips, on how to evaluate art, and what compositional aspects to try implement into your works.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composition_(visual_arts)

Last edited:
So pretty much that means I could just take a hideuos car but do everything I can without editing to make it look great, sounds good. Hopefully I get time, I have to a static image thing for NCEA and Math homework right now (and I'm failing at both of those)

I just finished my static image for NCEA Level 1 English which took me 3 lessons on Photoshop. I just wish teachers would stop wasting our time with projects like static images though.

I know right, I just fail English. It's annoying how they don't let us do it on something we care about, it has to be from some boring book.

Apparently our year is the dumbest year, so I'm not too ashamed of my cabbageness

It's worse when you're in 1A for everything like I am, at least I don't have to do static images for Japanese.

Back