Un-Edited Competition - Week 98 - CLOSED

• Thread starter SVX
  • 56 comments
For heads up, you will need to edit your entry post instead of creating a new one with the updated entry.

there, just to be sure, I resized it to one of the smallest ones. last time I clicked the 400x300 size and it was too large

FINAL ENTRY
there, just to be sure, I resized it to one of the smallest ones. last time I clicked the 400x300 size and it was too large

There you go. Now keep in mind for future reference to keep the preview image at a maximum dimension of 400 pixels vertically or horizontally. Also, embed the larger image in the preview.

There you go. Now keep in mind for future reference to keep the preview image at a maximum dimension of 400 pixels vertically or horizontally. Also, embed the larger image in the preview.

I will, thank you for having the patience to deal with a noob like me. I've been playing Gran Turismo 4 since I got my PS2 almost 9 years ago, but I never entered any competitions online like these.

But, Gran Turismo 4 has been released for almost seven years.

can you blame me? I suck at math :D nah, I was just exaggerating. I think it was 2006 when I got it. that's... what? 5 years or something? almost 6?

I think I just made it legal to enter a Vette. I've always seen it as a muscle.

The classification of Muscle Car by many sources, are cars that are overpowered, and go real fast in a straight line, and relatively inexpensive (in it's day). The best examples are like the Super Bee, Challenger, Chevelle, GTX, 'Cuda, and prototypically the GTO. To where the majority of the car is geared toward power, not performance as a Sports or Super Car is. Targeting mostly toward power gives the Muscle Car the relatively squirrely rear-end under heavy acceleration, which we love for drifting purposes.

The 'Vette has always been a well engineered car for performance, not just power. The 'Vette is very fast due to engineering of suspension, lower weight, better aerodynamics, etc. rather than the sheer power alone of a Muscle Car, achieving better performance with less power, thus a sports car.

Not that I think that any of the shots should be removed, as the theme chooser has spoken. But I just wanted to inform to what a Muscle Car was Classically. But then again in the 80's you could get a Mustang in a four-cylinder, which was a popular Muscle Car Nameplate in the 60's-70's, and even with a V6 nowadays, what a shame.

The classification of Muscle Car by many sources, are cars that are overpowered, and go real fast in a straight line, and relatively inexpensive (in it's day). The best examples are like the Super Bee, Challenger, Chevelle, GTX, 'Cuda, and prototypically the GTO. To where the majority of the car is geared toward power, not performance as a Sports or Super Car is. Targeting mostly toward power gives the Muscle Car the relatively squirrely rear-end under heavy acceleration, which we love for drifting purposes.

The 'Vette has always been a well engineered car for performance, not just power. The 'Vette is very fast due to engineering of suspension, lower weight, better aerodynamics, etc. rather than the sheer power alone of a Muscle Car, achieving better performance with less power, thus a sports car.

Not that I think that any of the shots should be removed, as the theme chooser has spoken. But I just wanted to inform to what a Muscle Car was Classically. But then again in the 80's you could get a Mustang in a four-cylinder, which was a popular Muscle Car Nameplate in the 60's-70's, and even with a V6 nowadays, what a shame.

In the 80's the muscle car didn't actually exist. It just died. Then the Viper helped bring it back... Somehow.

Final Entry

Chevy tried bringing muscle back with the 350ci IROC-Z. The EPA won that battle.
A supercharger helped me in mine.​

SVX
Your entry may not exceed the poll character limit. (5 characters are enough to name your image). If your entry exceeds it, the link to the full size image, will be removed.

I've not entered a photomode contest before, but I'm a little unclear about this character limit. I named my .jpg file with 5 characters as sssea.jpg (short for Camaro SS at Seattle), however, when it's uploaded to imageshack, it automatically gets appended with 1 or 2 more characters anyway and now appears as ssseay.jpg.
Does this render it invalid? If so what do I need to do to fix it?

I've not entered a photomode contest before, but I'm a little unclear about this character limit. I named my .jpg file with 5 characters as sssea.jpg (short for Camaro SS at Seattle), however, when it's uploaded to imageshack, it automatically gets appended with 1 or 2 more characters anyway and now appears as ssseay.jpg.

I don't think it really matters. I think its a rules from when there were more entries.

You don't have to name your picture under 5 letters, but it's advised.

The Character limit is really just for the poll, I think each poll option field has a limit of 100 characters. So if your link; the thumbnail embedded with full-size exceeds that character limit (including the IMG and URL tags), then only the thumbnail will appear in the poll.

So your entry should be good to go.

check the first post. it lists the tracks that we were allowed to take pictures on. could be that Autumn Ring is in the U.S, but... for all you know it's Japanese. just follow the regulations to be sure

It also mentions in post #1 that the contest closes on Dec 29th, which was yesterday, so it doesn't matter where the photo was, it's still ineligible as today is the 30th.

It also mentions in post #1 that the contest closes on Dec 29th, which was yesterday, so it doesn't matter where the photo was, it's still ineligible as today is the 30th.

That's kinda true, but normally it is open until the host says 'closed'. Cedar, go ahead and reshoot, I'll leave it open for you.

29th was the day before yesterday here. ;)

SVX
That's kinda true, but normally it is open until the host says 'closed'. Cedar, go ahead and reshoot, I'll leave it open for you.

Thank you kindly, SVX. I've already taken two shots (warm and cool versions) and am currently debating which one I should use...

SVX

No probs, I guess I'm not used to the happy-go-lucky relaxedness of the photomode section, more the hard-and-fast deadlines of the racing series threads. All's cool.

29th was the day before yesterday here. ;)

Damn you antipodean Aussies & Kiwis with your time-machines!!! :D

Back