Unannounced 2.06 Changes

• Thread starter therealgt5
  • 506 comments
Gturbo5
FIXED Nissan GT-R '12 Edition Transmission DSG!!!!!!!

was beforce version

0-100 kph sec:
2.05v - 3.8s
2.06v - 3.5s ! work fast gear fixed!

i complete test time lap

Top Gear time lap:

2.05v - 1.15.418
2.06v - 1.14.223 !

think was hidden update info.

Sorry if this was explained before but is there any reason why not 2.8 to 100 like the real car supose to have or it just isnt accurate which i doubt with gtr being the GT car-mascot. And sorry for my english.

I think they have definetely done some improvement on shadow detail. Noticed this best when i was using the photomode in a race replay - no more jagged shadows under the car. 👍

That's the thing; i don't like that you have to put changeable at zero in order to have a dry race. That means ever sunny tracks without clouds coming in.

I experimented a lot with it before, and then you could put weather at 0% and changeable at 3 or 4, and it gradually became a little more cloudy. Which gave a nice atmosphere.

If you ask me this is another screwup from PD with 2.06...

Have you tried changeability on 1? I always do that and haven't noticed any difference. Anything more than 1 is kinda fast forwarded, just like with the time change.

From Eugene.

All headlamps WORK, but only 2 at a time Illuminate.

Check replays with night racing multiple opponents, yours are always on, and depending who you're closest to their lights will illuminate as well, the rest are "on" but dont illuminate.

Have you tried changeability on 1? I always do that and haven't noticed any difference. Anything more than 1 is kinda fast forwarded, just like with the time change.

Yes that seems to help so far, little silly tough that 2 and higher immediatly produce rain...
Level 10 must produce a hurricane then.

This is false, sorry.
On Nürburgring, there are still only two cars with illuminating headlights, so I guess it was always this way. Too bad.
This is an old vid but clearly shows more than 2 car with working lights. At 7:20 or 8:11 for example.

Not sure if it is new from this update but the ships/boats in Route X now are moving.
I remember to take a look at them when we got the DLC and the ships had a wave animation but were static. Now ships/boats are sailing.

Also i was testing the sounds from different angles (using the different and limited cameras) and the lighting and some reflections changed. The sun is reflected in the car but it is not working properly because sometimes the reflection just disappear. To me this is like a beta. PD is implementing some things in the game and trying to see how it works in GT5.

The sound works good in the mix with a 5.1 sound system but the engine sounds are wrong and more noticeable (nothing new there we need realistic engine sounds). Also the sound that is making a huge problem in the mix is the tyre/surface contact sound. It is way exaggerated or way too loud.

There are tons of things that indicates that PD is testing things on GT5.

Not sure if it is new from this update but the ships/boats in Route X now are moving.
I remember to take a look at them when we got the DLC and the ships had a wave animation but were static. Now ships/boats are sailing.

Also i was testing the sounds from different angles (using the different and limited cameras) and the lighting and some reflections changed. The sun is reflected in the car but it is not working properly because sometimes the reflection just disappear. To me this is like a beta. PD is implementing some things in the game and trying to see how it works in GT5.

The sound works good in the mix with a 5.1 sound system but the engine sounds are wrong and more noticeable (nothing new there we need realistic engine sounds). Also the sound that is making a huge problem in the mix is the tyre/surface contact sound. It is way exaggerated or way too loud.

There are tons of things that indicates that PD is testing things on GT5.

I would highly doubt that the newest update (2.07) have made the boats sail on Route X considering its small file size.

I would highly doubt that the newest update (2.07) have made the boats sail on Route X considering its small file size.

Read the topic again...it is all about 2.06. I put this today because i noticed it today.:dopey: Did i mention 2.07?Nope. Is this thread about 2.07? Nope.:dopey:

It's not an on/off switch, I'm not crazy you know...
Slip is there throughout the entire travel (also, don't expect marvels you who are using G2X wheels).
I have CSP and man, it feels gorgeous!
2.06 my favourite update thus far, understeer ffb and progressive clutch. Epic!

Um, there's ALWAYS been a slipping point on the clutch pedal. Always.. The thing is it has always been very very small.. It is around the center of travel of the pedal, but extremely small. Totally unusable in actual driving.

I'll have to investigate to see if there's any difference. I know exactly what it felt like before.

CSP won't make much difference.. What is your clutch pedal special? It's a potentiometer just like the G25 pedals have. My CSR Elites will be here on the 8th.. 2 days.. so I'll compare Nixim modded G25 (excellent pedals) to the CSR Elites. The biggest difference will be the load cell compared to the Nixim modded brake pedal (fake load cell), but the clutch is very similar actually.

BWX
Um, there's ALWAYS been a slipping point on the clutch pedal. Always.. The thing is it has always been very very small.. It is around the center of travel of the pedal, but extremely small. Totally unusable in actual driving. No, there wasn't any slip before. It was just a switch which got activated at the middle of travel.

I'll have to investigate to see if there's any difference. I know exactly what it felt like before.

CSP won't make much difference.. What is your clutch pedal special? It's a potentiometer just like the G25 pedals have. My CSR Elites will be here on the 8th.. 2 days.. so I'll compare Nixim modded G25 (excellent pedals) to the CSR Elites. The biggest difference will be the load cell compared to the Nixim modded brake pedal (fake load cell), but the clutch is very similar actually. Um, CSP doesn't have potentiometers, it has hall effect sensors. Also, clutch on G2X is nowhere near CSP's due to it's tiny travel.

Now the clutch works throughout the entire travel, finally.

No, there wasn't any slip before. It was just a switch which got activated at the middle of travel.

Not true Dude. Yes it did. It was just like I said, very small range, but it was there. Ask anyone who knows what they are talking about.

About the potentiometer.. whatever sensor there is acts exactly like a potentiometer. The point is there's no magic happening in a CSR clutch pedal that would make the clutch act significantly differently than a G25 clutch pedal.

If the clutch now works right and has slip through a larger portion of travel because of changes in GT5 code, I'll feel it with G25 pedals or CSR Elite pedals, or CS pedals, or any other pedals.

Last edited:
The online censored word list has changed.

It is now possible to type engine , connection , Tsukuba and many more previously 🤬 words.
And the line break - key has vanished.
(This may have changed in the 2.06 patch alredy)

MadMax

The online censored word list has changed.

It is now possible to type engine , connection , Tsukuba and many more previously 🤬 words.
And the line break - key has vanished.
(This may have changed in the 2.06 patch alredy)

MadMax

Finally, now I won't look like a potty mouth online :lol:

This is an old vid but clearly shows more than 2 car with working lights. At 7:20 or 8:11 for example.

As I said, La Sarthe have four actual working lights that illuminate the road (and by that video have always had so), Nürburgring still only have two.
I care less about sparkling dots as they don't do anything for you when racing, apart from showing very close cars in your rear view mirror. :)

Tire wear sure have changed, I have a public room open today, I was driving a 475pp stock Toyota Supra RZ'97 on a comfort medium, no assist allowed in the room, no ABS. The track is 24H Nurburgring weather change.

The tires could hold more than 5 laps, at 3rd lap it was raining hard, the end of lap 5, water was 100%, the tires both front and rear are still at half gauge. The surprising thing is the temperature of the rain condition quickly affect the tires, and at half gauge, the tires was still quite grippy in the water soaked surface. I ran the tires until lap 6 when its starts to get slippery at the rear. No doubt it could still hold for another 2 laps.

I was driving the 96 lotus RM and i noticed the sound has changed... Anyone confirm this

Tire wear sure have changed, I have a public room open today, I was driving a 475pp stock Toyota Supra RZ'97 on a comfort medium, no assist allowed in the room, no ABS. The track is 24H Nurburgring weather change.

The tires could hold more than 5 laps, at 3rd lap it was raining hard, the end of lap 5, water was 100%, the tires both front and rear are still at half gauge. The surprising thing is the temperature of the rain condition quickly affect the tires, and at half gauge, the tires was still quite grippy in the water soaked surface. I ran the tires until lap 6 when its starts to get slippery at the rear. No doubt it could still hold for another 2 laps.

My Friend you are ready to drive the Supra in PGTR. 👍 I was afraid to tell you the supra in my league comes stock with CM tires, but I can see you are already use to it! :sly:

georgetigra
is't same like the S2000GT1 turbo!!
check it!!

Ok i will... I love the zr1 rm's new sound... But i wish it would sound like that without being race moded and have the racing exhaust

BTW I tested clutch thoroughly with G25 pedals and CSR Elite pedals. There might be a small difference compared to the way it felt say, 2 or 3 updates ago, but nothing major.

It definitely doesn't use the entire clutch pedal travel, not even close. I'd say it uses 5 to 10 percent around center, that's it. It's a small improvement if anything has changed at all. That's my 2 cents.

Back