Unboxing the $4,600 Bulgari Gran Turismo Watch

• Thread starter Famine
  • 45 comments
I honesty don't understand what the watch has to do with Gran Turismo - the GT logo is only present in the packaging, but not the watch itself.

The watch also doesn't radiate GT to me.

I honesty don't understand what the watch has to do with Gran Turismo - the GT logo is only present in the packaging, but not the watch itself.

The watch also doesn't radiate GT to me.
The GT logo is on the back, etched in the DLC plate. As noted in the article, the numerals use the GT typeface too.

Can we see the QR code, we need to verify this story ;)
We have, and have 😁

What makes you think it would do you any good if it's a single-use code?

The DLC plate? So not the watch itself, then?
No, on the plate on the back of the watch:

bulgari-gran-turismo-watch-back-with-vision-gt-logo.jpg

No, on the plate on the back of the watch
LOL my brain immediately thought of DownLoadable Content rather than diamond-like carbon. That's why I asked. :lol:

But good to see the GT logo is at least somewhere on the watch - I was beginning to think it was a stipulation where Bulgari wanted to present its watch as their own.

Personally I would've put it in the front face.

very nice watch, i just cannot see dropping 4600 on a watch unless i was an F1 race driver...

I almost feel a little sorry for our colleague. Once you've invested a considerable amount of money in a collection, it becomes increasingly difficult not to buy the next item, even if the prices start to become painful.

Hopefully next year will finally see the release of a GT collector's toothbrush from a toothbrush manufacturer that probably has as many points of contact with the GT series as BVLGARI.
At a price of €7,500, there is of course the QR code for the corresponding VGT included.
A first design study for the vehicle has already been leaked.

9AEOJ_es_ES_0.jpg

Cheers
M

So this will only be good a smooth racer tracks everything else those wheels and suspension have no real place for movement.

Last edited:
I'm happy with my limited edition Motorsport related watch. It's a Toro Rosso Casio Edifice. I bought it a couple of weeks before they announced the name change. It was much cheaper than a Bvlgari, although I didn't get any downloadable content with it.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Unboxing the $4,600 Bulgari Gran Turismo Watch

In a GTPlanet exclusive, we can reveal the contents of the limited Bulgari Aluminium x Gran Turismo Special Edition watch box set courtesy of avid Gran Turismo memorabilia collector and GTP site member Jules_r...
@Jordan was very generous and late with your Christmas bonus this year!

Yeah yeah I read the article and saw that it's Jules_r's watch, don't let facts get in the way of a crap joke

After quickly perusing the Bulgari (Bvlgari?) website, there aren’t a whole lot of special editions..and it’s definitely not something they do often. The notable comparisons from a household name and pop culture perspective , is a Steve Aoki special edition that began in 2021, and a Ducati edition that started in 2022.

Steve Aoki’s heyday was a decade ago, but man… Ducati is pretty good company

There's little to no operational justification for a watch above £15. If people want to spend their money on a Bulgari, so be it.
I agree, my point is, for that kind of money or less you can buy a much higher quality watch from a proper watch brand like Omega, Tudor or Breitling etc with an in house designed & manufactured movement.

For 5 grand I want something gaudy, like a Jacob & Co watch that has little VGT cars that run around a little track inside the watch. That watch could easily be mistaken for a 80 dollar fossil watch lol
1708117011760.png

Does the added weight to your wrist increase performance on wheel, kinda like a counterbalance to one side, perhaps it helps with precision? lol

Last edited:
Going off on a slight tangent here, I just found out that the Toyota Altezza/Lexus IS200 dials are quite similar to the Bvlgari :P

And you could probably buy a cheap used one for the same price as the watch :lol:

Last edited:
I agree, my point is, for that kind of money or less you can buy a much higher quality watch from a proper watch brand like Omega, Tudor or Breitling etc with an in house designed & manufactured movement.

Akshually ... ;)
Bulgari is not just a luxury brand but also a 'proper' watchmaker - just check out their other offerings (Octo line). They do some really tricked out ultra-thin movements too. I'd say in that technical regard they are well beyond Tudor or Breitling (is Breitling even doing inhouse at all? I thought they were just buying 3rd party ones and then tweaking/decorating them).

As for this watch here, doesn't look like much to me. The price is in line with what other brands are charging for chronographs though, so at least within watch nerd circles it would probably not count as a total ripoff. Just coming with less brand power than the ones you listed. Least they could have done is to include a deployant buckle. But then again this thing is purely a collector's item and will never be worn, will it.

Last edited:
Akshually ... ;)
Bulgari is not just a luxury brand but also a 'proper' watchmaker - just check out their other offerings (Octo line). They do some really tricked out ultra-thin movements too. I'd say in that technical regard they are well beyond Tudor or Breitling (is Breitling even doing inhouse at all? I thought they were just buying 3rd party ones and then tweaking/decorating them).

As for this watch here, doesn't look like much to me. The price is in line with what other brands are charging for chronographs though, so at least within watch nerd circles it would probably not count as a total ripoff. Just coming with less brand power than the ones you listed. Least they could have done is to include a deployant buckle. But then again this thing is purely a collector's item and will never be worn, will it.
Bulgari started out as, and still is primarily, a luxury jewellery brand that just happened to start making (some nice) watches.
Anyway, that's all well and good, but the the simple truth is that this particular watch is ridiculously overpriced.
You can buy much better looking watches, with the exact same movement for around $1000 or less. When you're looking at spending a few thousand $ on a watch, the movement is one of, if not the most important thing taken into consideration, along with brand history, quality & finish of the materials used.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back