Underrated Little Cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter Schmo
  • 43 comments
  • 4,469 views
Messages
736
Messages
MrSchmo
What little car have you found that more then exceed your expectations? I'm talking small, 250hp and lower. I wish I bought this earlier cause its a quick handling and fun to drive.

Clio Renault Sport

Bought it for that french series, turned out to be a really fun car to drive.
 
Buy a Honda Odyssey and take it drifting. I'm serious. No really, it's actually a really good drifter (but it's a people mover so off topic)
 
It would be so awesome if the Gee-wiz was in this game lol. I look forward to driving some of the small quirky cars in this game.
 
'87 Motul Civic.

Man that thing is quick and just stays glued to the floor, maybe old news but was quite a pleasant surprise when i first drove it!
 
The S800 Race car (Standard) with the tape across the headlights is fun for a small thing. Corners like a beast!
 
I am loving my MK I Golf GTI and RM'd Cappuccino.
 
GT made me fall in love with Cilo. Even got it as my profile picture. :D
 
The Clio is a monster. Such a nice car.

My vote is for either the Nissan Micra mm-R Cup Car or Lupo GTi Cup Car. You expect them to be crap, and I guess in a way they are, but damn they're fun to drive.

👍
 
Lotus Europa 71.
 
MKI Golf is awesome fun.
 
Nissan Micra mm-R Cup Car

I was going to say this one. That little car is surprisingly fun for some reason.
 
The Lupo GTI Cup Car surprised me, but the Ginetta G4 is my favorite. Another good one is an Alfa Romeo from the 60s, but I forget it's name right now... similar styling to the G4, very fun to drive.
 
Almost forgot! Hands down, the Suzuki GSX-R/4 Concept... damn that thing sounds so good and is so much fun.
 
The Lupo GTI Cup Car surprised me, but the Ginetta G4 is my favorite. Another good one is an Alfa Romeo from the 60s, but I forget it's name right now... similar styling to the G4, very fun to drive.
I like Lupo GTI Cup car a lot too, Dome Zero is great as well.👍
 
The FIAT 500 1.2L (63hp). I take back everything I ever said about PD needing to put in the Abarth 500 (133-200hp) or at least the 100hp FIAT 500 1.4L. The 1.2L version is more than enough.

This little monster has a nice variety of aero gear and tunes to a whopping 262hp. (mine's up to 269 from breaking it in) It *REALLY* moves fully upgraded with a properly adjusted LSD, and I've even purchased a second one with a milder tune.
 
The Lupo GTi was suprisingly good to drive.
 
Yep - Fiat 500. Fantastic fun. Mines at 216bhp. Cornering is incredible.

Let the B Spec driver have a go in it last night and he bashed the hell out of it. Visible damage definately works in B Spec - just hope it doesn't carry over into the A spec mode / my repair bills...
 
Caterham Seven Fireblade... Its a bit of a handful with the aids off, but it is fun to drive! Ginetta, is another good 'un, as is the AE86.
 
Subaru 360 54' - Iv tuned it and got just over 51bhp, I won the first race on the Japanese car classic series in beginner, even though its so slow off the line!!! lol!

I loved the Lupo GTi event on the 'Ring'
 
Last edited:
'87 Motul Civic.

Man that thing is quick and just stays glued to the floor, maybe old news but was quite a pleasant surprise when i first drove it!

Thats exactly what I was going to say!
 
The S800 is a proper David vs. Goliath type affair, sort of... Only 80 or so bhp but I took it round Suzuka's West course and didn't have to brake once, only lifted off the throttle twice per lap at either ends of the straight. Other than that it was just flat out. May not be fast but it's so much fun.

Same goes for the Cappuccino, Mira TR-XX Avanzato R and the Mugen Motul Civic Si, and no doubt many more.
 
Mini Cooper S '07, great fun throwing it around the city courses and I also used it for the beginner rally events.
 
The 205 Turbo 16 is also a nice driving car with great sound. Gotta Love the 80's :)
 
Madza Autozam AZ-1 - great little car.

Also loving the FT-86 concept, utterly intoxicating car to drive.


Scaff
 
*erm* Audi S3! (already has some milage on mine now ;))

The lupo cup car is fun, as is the motul civic, the ft86 are top, there are so many...
 
peugeot 205 turbo!, really quick and nice to control, if a little on the slidy side
 
Back