Underwhelmed with the campaign

• Thread starter Neonix1
  • 8 comments
We know from the state of play that an original PS1 GT car had 200 polygons. A GT7 car has 500,000.

PD have a great history of post launch free DLC. We’re missing GT4, GT3, GR2, GR1, F1500, F1, NASCAR, Endurance races, Legendary races and probably a whole lot more. Plus of course six or so new tracks with multiple layouts.

It makes sense for PD to hold some stuff back to launch in April, May and June, while at the same time giving themselves 4 months from when the game went gold to generate actual new content.

I would be amazed if we end up with less than 100 cafe menus. I suspect licence tests are done, until they launch the Lewis Hamilton platinum level for them all.

I’d guess there will be another 3 or maybe 6 more sets of mission challenges - as none need more than an IB licence.

I believe, and hope I’m not proved horrendously wrong, that we only have about 30% of the game available at the moment.

What percentage game completion are you? I’ve completed licences A, B and IB with all golds and completed all the rest with a mix of trophies. I’ve also golded almost all the missions and lots of the circuit experiences. I’ve also cleared all 39 menus.

I’m at 9.xx % completed (can’t remember the exact number) so there’s clearly an awful lot left to come.

I would be amazed if we end up with less than 100 cafe menus. I suspect licence tests are done, until they launch the Lewis Hamilton platinum level for them all.
Seems they've made the Cafe a huge focal point in the game, I also would be surprised if it wasn't blessed with more content in future updates.

There's also been complaints that the Cafe's empty, there should be people with near indistinguishable faces just lounging around.

Last edited:
We know from the state of play that an original PS1 GT car had 200 polygons. A GT7 car has 500,000.

PD have a great history of post launch free DLC. We’re missing GT4, GT3, GR2, GR1, F1500, F1, NASCAR, Endurance races, Legendary races and probably a whole lot more. Plus of course six or so new tracks with multiple layouts.

It makes sense for PD to hold some stuff back to launch in April, May and June, while at the same time giving themselves 4 months from when the game went gold to generate actual new content.

I’d guess there will be another 3 or maybe 6 more sets of mission challenges - as none need more than an IB licence.

I believe, and hope I’m not proved horrendously wrong, that we only have about 30% of the game available at the moment.

What percentage game completion are you? I’ve completed licences A, B and IB with all golds and completed all the rest with a mix of trophies. I’ve also golded almost all the missions and lots of the circuit experiences. I’ve also cleared all 39 menus.

I’m at 9.xx % completed (can’t remember the exact number) so there’s clearly an awful lot left to come.
Where do you find the % completed?

In your profile. After 25.21hrs driven I’ve done 3574.01 miles.

But only 10% of the circuit experience and only 20% in my car collection. So a lot still to do.

Seems they've made the Cafe a huge focal point in the game, I also would be surprised if it wasn't blessed with more content in future updates.

There's also been complaints that the Cafe's empty, there should be people with near indistinguishable faces just lounging around.
What would be awesome (.but I don’t expect it). That once you research a certain level the some
Celebritioise willarrive with their cars and we’ll have to listion to then

I’ve head a couple of the very good GPS YOUTUBERS have been crafted and were filmed - but haven’t shown up yet. They’ve been told to be patient.

I suspect - and this is my gold-rimmed spectacles looking a year into the future.

I fully expect:

100 Cafe Menus
GR4, GR3, GR1, VGT, Redull and endurance championships to arrive safely.

There’s some glaring omissions in cars from GTS that they deliberately held back as they’re ea at to up grade.

I suspect these guys including Will Buxton to pop up at the cafe to offer challenges.

I think the licences are done until they add the Lewis Hamilton Platinum rank.

There’s going to be a lot to keep us busy this year. I guess their distribution sim is to drop a big game, let out a big batch of DLC a month later to scale the charts.

Yah seems like their GT7 strategy is definitely along those lines, to give months of free DLC to makeup for the lack of events at launch. Kind of like how they did that for GT Sport

Back