Unexcpected Street Cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Editor GEAR
  • 35 comments
  • 2,757 views
Messages
184
United States
US
Messages
Lupo_Drifter
So....I was playing around on GT 5 and bought a Ford KA. Yes.....the KA. So after thinking it wasn't going to be much of a street/tuner car, I installed almost everything I could and modded this thing for racing. Little did I know, this car was actually somewhat decent. A little below average but still a surprising for something so small.

Have you modded anything that was seemingly unloved and unpopular that you now can't stop driving
 
My Family Sportster is surprising good at 400 and 425pp.

Mazda Familia Sedan Sport 20 ’02
 
My Family Sportster is surprising good at 400 and 425pp.

Mazda Familia Sedan Sport 20 ’02

The Familia huh? I have 3 of them and haven't touched them yet. Hows the acceleration on it and the whats the HP at the 400-425 pp range?
 
I love the Caterham Seven Fireblade - it may not be competitive, in most races, but I just love driving it. Never thought it would be such fun.
 
The Familia huh? I have 3 of them and haven't touched them yet. Hows the acceleration on it and the whats the HP at the 400-425 pp range?

It weighs 996kg.
At 425pp it has 217hp and a nice flatish torque at 166 ft/lbs.
178 hp at 400pp, but I stage 3’d the engine and have the limiter set at 92%. I need to get another one.
 
A Street Mod rather than Racing - but this is a fave of mine

The Mazda 2;
Tuned for the FF season at Cape Ring.

123 Bhp, 1100kg - 355pp - Still wins it :)
 
French cars. Nuff' said.
 
It weighs 996kg.
At 425pp it has 217hp and a nice flatish torque at 166 ft/lbs.
178 hp at 400pp, but I stage 3’d the engine and have the limiter set at 92%. I need to get another one.


If you want I can spare you one of mine. I.ll definitely have to mod my familia the when I get back in town. If you do want the familia....I' ll have to send it to you after next Tuesday when I get back in town.
 
My Renault Cilo V6 is a bad a$$ drifter(by my standard anyways) quick and nimble. wasn't expecting that
 
Suzuki GSX-R/4.
Looks good.
Feels good.
Is good...

fully tuned, with sports exhaust @ 585pp: 6,55 on the Nordschleife.
it feels like it could drive under 6 minutes...
absolutely love it!
 
Well as far as a surprising car, I got a Mini Cooper S that really motors once tuned, but when I think of my "little" cars there really aren't any that I drive all the time.

People who are unfamiliar with the car in real life may be surprised how well the '49 VW Beetle performs. To me, this isn't news, I knew that they can go like stink, hehe. Mine got a Midnight Purple metallic paint job and pink metallic wheels courtesy of my daughter.

I was however surprised to find my new Audi S6 '02 to kick as much butt on the tarmac as it does! I recently began collecting certain cars and joined here to trade for specific cars. So far, I got what I was looking for. My goal is to copy the real life cars that my friends drive (hee hee) and take pictures of them to compare to the actual ride. When I got the Audi, at first I had a hard time matching the real paint job, but then I took it for a drive and was shocked to see it hug the road and turn like a race car. At speed!

I got 200 cars I never drove yet...
 
The MG TF160 '03 fully loaded is a great little car. Used for the British Lightweights seasonals with success.
 
Don't know how to multi-quote yet:

The Renault I knew about along with the RS6 and the Suzuki being pretty good street/semi-race. but I had no idea that the MG TF160 was a good street car.
Now the mini Cooper I'm a little split on. I have a mini (not sure if it's an S or not) that has 234 (?). A pretty decent amount of power, but it just doesn't have that kick like my Ka does.
 
We'll have to race the Ka against the Mini when we do get a chance...
 
the ginetta g4, it looks completly unassuming but itll do 200+ easy by itself!
 
also the fiat 500 r 72' great driver and 120hp
 
We'll have to race the Ka against the Mini when we do get a chance...


Challenge Accepted. The KA will eat that Mini.

To the other two posters above. The G4 at 200+? Is this in speed terms or Horsepower terms?
 
One car that handles completely different than you would expect it to is theee:
Saleen S7.
It should have tons of grip, more than the GT1 car, in reality it could probably drive on the ceiling.
In GT5 however, you have a 600+ PP car with absolutely no downforce that wants to kill you everytime you reach a fast corner.
Really annoying.

The Ginetta feels similar to me, but it's just so much fun to drive :D
It can take off easily when hitting curbs, so it's you always have to watch out.
 
One car that handles completely different than you would expect it to is theee:
Saleen S7.
It should have tons of grip, more than the GT1 car, in reality it could probably drive on the ceiling.

In GT5 however, you have a 600+ PP car with absolutely no downforce that wants to kill you everytime you reach a fast corner.
Really annoying.


The Ginetta feels similar to me, but it's just so much fun to drive :D
It can take off easily when hitting curbs, so it's you always have to watch out.

No super cars please. This is about cars that are unpopular/unloved that make decent street cars.
 
No super cars please. This is about cars that are unpopular/unloved that make decent street cars.

Ok, sorry about that.
I just read unexpected cars and thought about that one. :)
 
Honda Civic Del Sol, Awesome little ride that has a lot of grip and has a pretty good high speed. Love it like Choco Dip <3.
 
Any under-steer?

Its FF, so of course. You can get rid of most of it with a proper tune though.

My favorite oddball cars are the 80s MR2s. Both the SC and NA versions are a ton of fun to drive with minimal mods or even stock. Same with the BMW 2002 Turbo. 👍
 
Its FF, so of course. You can get rid of most of it with a proper tune though.

My favorite oddball cars are the 80s MR2s. Both the SC and NA versions are a ton of fun to drive with minimal mods or even stock. Same with the BMW 2002 Turbo. 👍

The 2002 is the definition of fun to drive. Mine has REALLY bad over-steer though. That car is super light too.
 
The 2002 is the definition of fun to drive. Mine has REALLY bad over-steer though. That car is super light too.

I like to drift with mine stock. Who says you need power to go sideways :D
 
Daihatsu Storia 4WD. That car when fully upgraded is like.. Well.. Like what happens when a man and a woman get together with the lights off in a bedroom.

ANYWAYS.. It's a good little quirky street car.
 
Fiat 500 f.look like a fiat,but if you tune it right,it's a real drift car for beginners
 
Daihatsu Storia 4WD. That car when fully upgraded is like.. Well.. Like what happens when a man and a woman get together with the lights off in a bedroom.

ANYWAYS.. It's a good little quirky street car.

They go to sleep? Joke i joke. Didn't expect the Storia to do well. Keep 'em coming.

The 500 f a drift car eh? VERY unexpected.
 
They go to sleep? Joke i joke. Didn't expect the Storia to do well. Keep 'em coming.

The 500 f a drift car eh? VERY unexpected.
Pretty much any of the Daihatsu's are great cars. The best of them like the Mira and Storia can not only trounce other cars in the same class as them but give more recognized and higher class cars a good run as well.
 
Back