Unlocking awards

Shaggy_Alonso
Can you actually unlock tracks on this game? I've got a few cars unlocked, but they're all nigh on impossible to drive. I heard someone say they were able to unlock Jerez - are there many other tracks; Spa, Estoril, Adelaide etc etc?

How do you achieve new awards, is it only through gold medal times in time trial? Only got the game at christmas and I'm still relatively green.

As far as I can tell, Jerez is the only unlockable track. Shame, because I would've wished for some of the circuits you did and a bit more. Anyhow, I seem to recall most of the cars were unlocked by setting Gold times in Time Trial (Dry). It's hard to tell if you can unlock anything by also setting a gold time for Time Trial (Wet). It's odd, because the gold times for both wet and dry conditions are the same.

You should also unlock a few by winning races at each of the venues in either Quick Race or World Championship mode. If you do it via WC mode, it'll save you a little time since at/near the end of the 'season' you should clinch the WDC and WCC (suggest using Renault or Ferrari so your teammate will finish well up the order.)

As for the driving helmets and race suit, etc. that are greyed out in your Trophy Room.. I haven't seen anyone with these unlocked, so am uncertain on how to unlock this or what that will unlock along with it, if anything.

Thanks mate, although it would have helped us all if they explained this sort of stuff in the paltry manual. It's more like a leaflet than anything else. Can you get a Prima official hint book for it or anything?

Not that I've seen, unfortunately. Most of the information I have is from testing things for myself or for others.

[ cynical ]
I used to be able to go to GameFAQS or IGN, etc. for at least something. Unfortunately, the unlockable/cheat list at GameFAQs has only one item (which is of little help), their message board mostly addresses questions by newcomers, the user-submitted strategy guide at IGN hasn't been updated in nearly a year, their message board consists mostly of users chatting about F1 in real life (with a few scattered and usually unanswered posts about the game).
[ /cynical ]

I still have to complete the full 5-year tour on Career Mode: Hard and, by the hand of G-d, best the Time Trial: Wet times. As far as I can tell, that's all I have left. Will see if that unlocks anything, and since I know no better, I'll consider these final accomplishments as reaching '100%' in the game.

Z
Not that I've seen, unfortunately. Most of the information I have is from testing things for myself or for others.

[ cynical ]
I used to be able to go to GameFAQS or IGN, etc. for at least something. Unfortunately, the unlockable/cheat list at GameFAQs has only one item (which is of little help), their message board mostly addresses questions by newcomers, the user-submitted strategy guide at IGN hasn't been updated in nearly a year, their message board consists mostly of users chatting about F1 in real life (with a few scattered and usually unanswered posts about the game).
[ /cynical ]

I still have to complete the full 5-year tour on Career Mode: Hard and, by the hand of G-d, best the Time Trial: Wet times. As far as I can tell, that's all I have left. Will see if that unlocks anything, and since I know no better, I'll consider these final accomplishments as reaching '100%' in the game.

I think if you look closer you'll notice that the "target" wet TT times are exactly the same as the dry times, at least as far as I can remember. If true you're gonna have one heck of a challenge to try and beat those times in the wet.

How's the hard career going. I'm in the Midland on race 4, in 9th place and still practicing at Imola as I have yet to find a good rythm at that track. Seems like I can barely get into the 1:21's most times, and that's barely good enough for 19th or so.

I think if you look closer you'll notice that the "target" wet TT times are exactly the same as the dry times, at least as far as I can remember. If true you're gonna have one heck of a challenge to try and beat those times in the wet.

How's the hard career going. I'm in the Midland on race 4, in 9th place and still practicing at Imola as I have yet to find a good rythm at that track. Seems like I can barely get into the 1:21's most times, and that's barely good enough for 19th or so.

Yep.. I know, that's why I said it'd pretty much take a miracle to get it done. I made gold on Jerez in the wet, but as others have said, the time to beat there isn't very challenging. Perhaps Jerez is the only track the programmers got right. heh

I'm on my first season at Melbourne in my career with MF1. I was able to get pole at both Bahrain and Sepang, but made errors in the race and lost a position in each. I'm struggling to come up with a setup that suits me for Melbourne. I'm barely dipping into the 1'27 range, while online I can hit a low 1'26 or high 1'25 without much trouble.

Is it just me or are some tracks not extremely difficult to get the gold time in comparison to others? There were some tracks I was able to get the gold time on with virtually my first lap of actually trying whereas even with a Ferrari I couldn't get the gold time on Melbourne. Yet in Montreal I'm able to beat the lap record by a full two seconds with relative ease. You'd swear the tracks must have a different layout to the real ones.

About Melbourne, they say in the game that it's a high downforce set up but although there aren't many straights, there are plenty of very long corners where you are going flat out so I always use a low downforce setting, is that not the fastest way to get round the track?

Finally managed to drag myself from COD4 back to this so if I get a good setup in Melbourne i'll share it with you, which car do you want it in?

Whatever. I suppose I tend to use the Renault in time trials to get the gold times but whichever car you think is fastest around Melbourne.

Is it just me or are some tracks not extremely difficult to get the gold time in comparison to others? There were some tracks I was able to get the gold time on with virtually my first lap of actually trying whereas even with a Ferrari I couldn't get the gold time on Melbourne. Yet in Montreal I'm able to beat the lap record by a full two seconds with relative ease. You'd swear the tracks must have a different layout to the real ones.

About Melbourne, they say in the game that it's a high downforce set up but although there aren't many straights, there are plenty of very long corners where you are going flat out so I always use a low downforce setting, is that not the fastest way to get round the track?

Pretty much nailed it. With Melbourne, it's similar to going fast in GT4. By that, I mean: To go fast in GT4, more often than not, you'll find yourself getting better times when using a gear one higher than the flashing indicator suggests. Sure, you'll be in the lower part of the powerband because of it, but you'll carry more speeed through the corner as a result of not dropping that extra gear, let alone the milliseconds it takes to shift back up. While F1:CE only has a corner indicator, you'll have to trial-and-error your way to figure out which gear to be in. Say, for the first corner.. you can get through in the middle of 3rd and it'll feel pretty fast, but you can make the corner in 4th. For the other little sweeping corners (6 & 9 for instance), 2nd might feel comfortable, but you can certainly thread the needle in 3rd. Very important to hit turn 5 flat-out and the 12-13 chicane in 5th also.

Melbourne Circuit Map

I'm using 43% front and 40% rear downforce for this circuit and I'm still getting crap times. Perhaps I screwed up my suspension or something of that nature. Typically, I use the MF1 online, so if I could ever manage to figure out how to set it up in a similar fassion for offline racing, I'd be unstoppable. heh

I'd say the shorter tracks are harder to gold; they are usually the ones with little straights (Imola, Monaco). Then again, I still find Istanbul to be a little tough. It really is difficult to hit Turn 8 correctly.

Finally managed to drag myself from COD4 back to this so if I get a good setup in Melbourne i'll share it with you, which car do you want it in?

If you would be so kind, I'm currently driving the MF1. If by chance you have tuned other cars for this track and found success, I wouldn't mind seeing the setups for those as well. Heck.. any track you've got. I'm still very much like Lewis Hamilton (sorry) when it comes to setting cars up. I like to just get in and go fast. ;)

I had all the setups pretty good in the PS2 version so it could take me a while just to get these ones perfect. I should have the Melbourne one up before tonight.

Although dont expect miricales you will still have to drive yourselves! What are ur current times like.

I had all the setups pretty good in the PS2 version so it could take me a while just to get these ones perfect. I should have the Melbourne one up before tonight.

Although dont expect miricales you will still have to drive yourselves! What are ur current times like.

Offline, I'm struggling to get into the 1'27 range.

I put the Melbourne setup up on the setups thread there now. I hope it works for you.

Thank you much. This setup is working well. How you manage those times with it is incredible (do you use Manual Transmission?); I only managed a low 1'26 with it, but it's a step in the right direction.

Again, thanks.

Z
Thank you much. This setup is working well. How you manage those times with it is incredible (do you use Manual Transmission?); I only managed a low 1'26 with it, but it's a step in the right direction.

Again, thanks.

No problem. I've been playing F1 since 1999 so i'm farely use to it. I use auto tried manual a few times but i never liked it.

What do you find bad about the setup. I thought the car was a bit light and low. It suits me but if you are a more agrresive driver maybe you could add a bit of downforce and shorten the gears.

No problem. I've been playing F1 since 1999 so i'm farely use to it. I use auto tried manual a few times but i never liked it.

What do you find bad about the setup. I thought the car was a bit light and low. It suits me but if you are a more agrresive driver maybe you could add a bit of downforce and shorten the gears.

The gearing is excellent and the downforce levels seem to be appropriate. As long as I'm not having trouble with the chicane at turns 12 and 13, I'm pretty satisfied. At first, the camber cranked all the way up made the car very twitchy, so I reduced it to 1.4 in the front and 1.5 in the rear. This gave the car a little bit of understeer, which was welcomed. The car still feels 'light', though.. doesn't take much to get it to slide over a curb if clipped accidentally. I might try raising up the suspension a few mm and see if it helps at all.

Any suggestions?

Lift the ride height a bit so as the car isnt bottom-ing out on the kerbs. I noticed once going through turn 1 I took a bit too much kerb and the car lifted about half a metre off the ground, scary landing!!

Lift the ride height a bit so as the car isnt bottom-ing out on the kerbs. I noticed once going through turn 1 I took a bit too much kerb and the car lifted about half a metre off the ground, scary landing!!

Will definitely try this sometime today and see what the results are. I keep getting stuck playing GT5:P demo. :drool:

Cheers Guys

Long time driver, first time poster. I have been using this game for less than 100 hours and won 3 drivers titles and 2 Constructers titles. I use no aids and do all my own set ups. I will try to remember in what order i got what. JPS lotus and Cooper were gimmes. 49c Quick race at Indy. All Bronze or Better in TT ALfa. Drivers title was Tea Pot. Constructors was FW06.

i ran career and WC simulation together in Honda and Toyota. 1st year in career i split first 6 races w\TR and balance with RBR and won Drivers. No teammates scored many points and Constructers wasn't possible. Even winning all the races you can't win without support.

i'm currently ranked about 1200/27xxx and enjoy racing on line. i come from a strong background in GPL and had to abandon it do to poor online and technologly issue in video. Great place to learn set up. Good community and leagues just old game now with tech issues.

Always glad to help and willing to learn something new. A close mind is an empty mind!

if anyone else has unlock info please post so we can move to un lock the goodies. Possibly a supermodel girl friend!

Jagjet aka Robert
Remember Rubbin' is wreckin'

just got fw 18 for all silver in tt ,i will up date when i get gold, 6/18 now
up-to-date 3 1 08
jerez with all gold, great track to practice setup

Attachments

• WRP-XJR5.jpg
    WRP-XJR5.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 152
Yeah, trying to see if there are any Easter eggs in it. Maybe. When you unlock Jerez does the glass plate above the tyre change colour or anything?

You get the unlocked notice and then there is a change in appearance and i believe a red border.

Still no joy on cases beyond jerez

Robert

Well, like everyone else, i seem to think they are there for a reason. That we can't find the reason is perplexing. I feel sure somebody would have leaked it by now, but we will just have to wait and see.:grumpy:

I have looked long and hard at the overall stand. The only thing that looks out of place is the handle or something above his helmet.
The wheel in the wheel case seems to have numbers written on it, i dont know if they have any clue to unlocking. At the moment my Sony just won't define them all. Maybe if you have a big scrren you may be able to see.
As for the steering wheels I can make out a mercedes and a bmw. Maybe another hint?

Wheels are BMW, MB, Ferrari and Renault. Helmets are Kimi, Fernando, Jenson and Monteiro.Bridgestone mounted on a BBS from Ferrari and the infamous duck. I think the stands for the wheels and helmets are what might look like a handle. and I'm sure the driver is the "Stig" or Andy Wallace. Beyond that there appears to be a light above the helmets.

Robert

You read my mind. I was thinking the Stig. But I can't help thinking that there is going to be more to this than meets the eye. I think I made out either 850 or 058 on the wheel rim, inside I mean, maybe we need to get all the numbers and enter via the remote while looking at the case?:sly:

I'm close to my 4th driver's title since there are 4 helmets...maybe it will unlock something. Somebody knows, but they're not talking!

We'll see
Robert

Dont tell me, all on hard+.:drool:
Well I can dream.
Mind you I have only done 1 year on easy in the number 20 car, is i Torro Roso, and I did so well I even managed to take the constructors as well.:)
But I ain't getting carried away....
Easy, yeah I know. But I am learning.......

I have started in on the wet trials and have gotten all bronzes save one and should finish soon. Some silver but there may be more unlockables with medals in the wet. Curiuosly the gold achieved in the dry still shows next to each circuit. So it's hard to tell about any rewards. I have been using the Williams FW 18 in the rain and it is very good. Since you can't change setup it seems to be pretty fast at all circuits. I was quite surprised.

I'll update when i've finished wet bronze.

Cheers

Robert

Latest Posts

Back