Uno Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter xStretch-
  • 12 comments
  • 747 views
Messages
924
Cyprus
North London
Messages
StretchY-
I brought the Audi from the online dealership. The things a dog even after I tuned it. If I give the engine a 300k rebuild will there be a big difference or just a slight change?
 
Depends on its mileage. If it has done a few hundred miles it will make no difference or maybe even reduce the power. A few thousand and it ought to be good for at least a 5% increase depending on whether it was down because of dirty oil. I got the A4 Touring Car from a GIft Ticket so mine is new (fully ungraded it) as I only used it for the DTM event..
 
I think it was in the thousands. Kind of disepointed as its the first car I have speant a milli on lol.
 
A new one made the DTM fairly easy, I presume the engine overhaul is 500K? I'll check mine and compare with the one in the new dealer and post the difference in power.
 
To improve the handling doing a ridgity restore will help.
 
Are you talking about the touring TT? Seriously, a dog? That's hard to believe. Try changing to softer tires. Mine, with no upgrades whatsoever (bar the tires, of course) smoked the Schwarzwald league.
 
That was the TT (doh!). 463HP untuned in the Online Dealer. Engine overhaul should boost that to around 500 HP. If you add upgrades to that it ought to be OK for the DTM event. I think my A4 is less powerful (in the opponents list) and is good for 625HP (at 93 miles) fully upgraded.
 
I entered it in a b spec supercar race and it got destroyed on the line it was like dead. finished 3 after a few goes. I'm going to get the wheel out now and test it as the handling needs softs and its ok its just the power where the problem lies.
 
B spec probably fits average tyres so if the TT wasn't upgraded it probably would get destoyed in a Supercar race. I think I resorted to the FGT for quickness!! Using a proper supercar I think you have the problem of the Muira which has about 470HP and weighs less than 1000Kg.
 
That was the TT (doh!). 463HP untuned in the Online Dealer. Engine overhaul should boost that to around 500 HP. If you add upgrades to that it ought to be OK for the DTM event. I think my A4 is less powerful (in the opponents list) and is good for 625HP (at 93 miles) fully upgraded.

I didn't really buy it for the DTM as I'm not that far yet :p. Curse my broken PS3!

I just love the way it looks. Shame its not premium.
 
My UK PS3 died a few weeks before GT5 was released. Not useful.

With decent tyres and adjusted downforce the TT ought to go pretty well.
 
Yeah just tested it on racing hards it handles decent but even fully tuned I expected more power.
 
The TT is a good car. Change the oil first. If it has over 5000 miles you may want to consider rebuilding. If it is over 10,000 then rebuild for sure.

This car should be able to win the DTM just by changing the oil and throwing a good set of tires on it.
 
Back