Unofficial GTP Weekly Drift Trial Season 1 Episode 1

• Thread starter bil coz
  • 48 comments

bil coz

(Banned)
Thailand
Thailand
jojaicho
Welcome everyone to this magical adventure.
Together let's bring back the good old days of GT6.
Every week the winner of the previous round will pick a category of cars or even 1 car, and the runner up will pick the location of the drift trial. (If you think this is a lame way to do it, please please say it and hopefully bring better ideas to the table, I'm just saying this now because I don't have a better idea)

The rules are
- Everyone can enter this friendly competition. When you decide to play, please let it be known in this thread, as it should help the event grow. (don't wait until you've got the sickest score to say hi)
- You must save your best score run replay and share it at the end of the week
- Tuning is no limit, assists are no limit if that's your thing (unless we discover that countersteer assist gives an advantage)
- Do discuss your tunes/ask others to help about it
- Have a good time, respect and all the rest

For week 1, let's actually set the deadline to Sunday August 5 at midnight (at the place of the world where you live).

And now for the Combo we will kick off with:

'89 Mazda Miata (Eunos Roadster) at Tsukuba!

I pick this car because it hasnt got much power but can hold a drift and I hope will be fun to try and tune to perfection. Also because I think of it as a first drift car kind of car and it's the start of our weekly thing..
And I pick Tsukuba because I hope everybody is familiar with it, and the drift trial section should be a good match for the little Miata.

Please join and let's have fun!

When you share your replay at the end of the week, please include gtpwdt01 and your GTP user name in the tags.

8224145765354734608_0.jpg

Last edited:
That system actually sounds pretty fair and cool, couldn't thought better myself and I'll start hitting Tsukuba as soon as I get home.

That system actually sounds pretty fair and cool, couldn't thought better myself and I'll start hitting Tsukuba as soon as I get home.
Great news!
maybe we could also set a rule that the same person doesn't get to pick the type of cars twice in a row.
And I was thinking, wouldn't it be awesome if the winner shared their tune every time, we could have another thread with all the winning cars tunes so that people new to drifting or not really into tuning their cars had a nice place to find good tunes!

I'm finding that for similar line/smoothness/angles, strong toe in at the rear gives more points.
Do you guys feel this way?

what I did was set rear toe to +1 and front toe to +0.6 and it felt good to me.

preliminary score
download.jpg

Have to fine tune the car still.

It's been a while since i drifted low powered cars, it's a fun lil car.

I will keep a ranking by updating the first post when you guys post your latest high scores.
Edit: Actually better yet: when updating with your latest score please copy paste the current rankings and update as needed. Just the names and scores listed from highest, and no need to put a number in front of them. like this

p78 10878pts
etc..

Last edited:
Welcome everyone to this magical adventure.
Together let's bring back the good old days of GT6.
Every week the winner of the previous round will pick a category of cars or even 1 car, and the runner up will pick the location of the drift trial. (If you think this is a lame way to do it, please please say it and hopefully bring better ideas to the table, I'm just saying this now because I don't have a better idea)

The rules are
- Everyone can enter this friendly competition. When you decide to play, please let it be known in this thread, as it should help the event grow. (don't wait until you've got the sickest score to say hi)
- You must save your best score run replay and share it at the end of the week
- Tuning is no limit, assists are no limit if that's your thing (unless we discover that countersteer assist gives an advantage)
- Do discuss your tunes/ask others to help about it
- Have a good time, respect and all the rest

For week 1, let's actually set the deadline to Sunday August 5 at midnight (at the place of the world where you live).

And now for the Combo we will kick off with:

'89 Mazda Miata (Eunos Roadster) at Tsukuba!

I pick this car because it hasnt got much power but can hold a drift and I hope will be fun to try and tune to perfection. Also because I think of it as a first drift car kind of car and it's the start of our weekly thing..
And I pick Tsukuba because I hope everybody is familiar with it, and the drift trial section should be a good match for the little Miata.

Please join and let's have fun!

Rankings so far :

1. p78 10878 pts

8224145765354734608_0.jpg
interested

updated rankings

Tommy_79 11369pts
p78 10878 pts

next one who posts a score please add this updated list to the bottom of your post :)

Okey, here is my entry score for now, I don't why but I find these low power machines more appealing than high power ones
20190727_175257.jpg

Tommy_79 11369pts
P78 10878pts
SuomiBoy96 10278pts

Okey, here is my entry score for now, I don't why but I find these low power machines more appealing than high power onesView attachment 838536

Tommy_79 11369pts
P78 10878pts
SuomiBoy96 10278pts
well having less power makes it challenging because you need to keep that momentum from 1 section to the next.
But sometimes youve had an exhausting day and you just need to unwind lazily in a 1000hp Dodge Charger :lol:

I think from now on we need to add \\ or another separator between names and scores for more clarity

I'm not really for the drift trial points system but I saw a Miata and thought it would be fun to give it a few runs to see what I could do.

At the end it shows the video in upper left and shows score 13,126. I did score a higher run but I thought it looked sloppy so I didn't save it lol. The 12,xxx run I saved had a fun reverse entry into the first corner.

I'm not really for the drift trial points system but I saw a Miata and thought it would be fun to give it a few runs to see what I could do.

At the end it shows the video in upper left and shows score 13,126. I did score a higher run but I thought it looked sloppy so I didn't save it lol. The 12,xxx run I saved had a fun reverse entry into the first corner.

Very nice run!
Please don't forget to add the rankings at the end of your post.
You did save the 13,126 points run in the game which is all that matters to share it at the end of the week!
Here's my best run so far for 13,085 :)

more to take in the 1st section but will be a fight to put it all together lol

alpacaflip\\13,126pts
bil coz\\13,085pts
Tommy_79\\11,369pts
P78\\10,878pts
SuomiBoy96\\10,278pts

Last edited:
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190728203957.jpg

thats me, but i´m not happy.

alpacaflip\\13,126pts
bil coz\\13,085pts
Tommy_79\\11,369pts
P78\\10,878pts
SuomiBoy96\\10,278pts
Paul_BNR32\\12,505pts

alpacaflip\\13,126pts
bil coz\\13,085pts
Paul_BNR32\\12,505pts
Tommy_79\\11,369pts
P78\\10,878pts
SuomiBoy96\\10,278pts

Not that it matters anymore, but did a 12k run too.

alpacaflip\\13,126pts
bil coz\\13,085pts
Paul_BNR32\\12,505pts
P78\\ 12K
Tommy_79\\11,369pts
SuomiBoy96\\10,278pts

Last edited:
p78

Keep going at it. There are certain ways to get absurd scores, but that's not my style. You can max angle the scoring sections and not link the corners if you want to get a big score. You can use the driving line because that is where you will get most points as well. I told @bil coz I did do a higher score that 13126 but I refused to save it because my front tires were completely in the grass on the first corner but it was raking up points like mad. My loss is others gain.

p78

alpacaflip\\13,126pts
bil coz\\13,085pts
Paul_BNR32\\12,505pts
P78\\ 12K
Tommy_79\\11,369pts
SuomiBoy96\\10,278pts
I think it does matter and sure hope everybody keeps trying to improve their score.
Keep going at it. There are certain ways to get absurd scores, but that's not my style. You can max angle the scoring sections and not link the corners if you want to get a big score. You can use the driving line because that is where you will get most points as well. I told @bil coz I did do a higher score that 13126 but I refused to save it because my front tires were completely in the grass on the first corner but it was raking up points like mad. My loss is others gain.
Yeah well the miata is a bit short on power so when youre locked in a line that's gonna hold sideways you don't have much other choice and sometimes the inside grass is gonna be on the way... I can totally picture you with your rear wheels on the curb lol. Its your call but it would be perfectly acceptable. Curious if you got more than 4800 for turn 1 cause i got close to that a few times, sadly couldn't do nice scores on the others.

Well this maybe won't be much for you but for me this is a huge improvement.
20190730_093305.jpg

alpacaflip\\13,126pts
bil coz\\13,085pts
Paul_BNR32\\12,505pts
P78\\ 12K
SuomiBoy96\\ 11,539pts
Tommy_79\\11,369pts

There's an issue that I didn't think of about the top 2 finishers picking cars/tracks for the next trial: Its won't be possible to make the events overlap a bit.. So it would be better to do it from 1st week to 3rd week, 2nd to 4th and so on.
So for second week I would like you all to start posting your suggestions now for car/cars and track to use. thanks

Maybe we could gradually raise the BHP of the cars, and do it on the lesser known tracks, i mean Everybody drifts on Suzuka East and Tsukuba (although it was fun in the Mx-5, MIATA)
Saw a room Where Yamagiwa was used and i quite liked the succession of turns.

Last edited:
p78
Maybe we could gradually raise the BHP of the cars, and do it on the lesser known tracks, i mean Everybody drifts on Suzuka East and Tsukuba (although it was fun in the Mx-5, MIATA)
Saw a room Where Yamagiwa was used and i quite liked the succession of turns.
Sounds alright to me, albeit a bit vague regarding your car specification lol

Well this maybe won't be much for you but for me this is a huge improvement.
View attachment 839145

alpacaflip\\13,126pts
bil coz\\13,085pts
Paul_BNR32\\12,505pts
P78\\ 12K
SuomiBoy96\\ 11,539pts
Tommy_79\\11,369pts
It is a nice run and all your 4 sectors look good! Keep it up and don't hesitate to share you run in video if youd like a few pointers.
Have you tuned all parts of the car?

alpacaflip\\13,126pts
bil coz\\13,085pts
Paul_BNR32\\12,644pts
P78\\ 12K
SuomiBoy96\\ 11,539pts
Tommy_79\\11,369pts

little update of my points, but not much.
i´m fighting a little bit with setup and ffb. today i gona try it again :)

so, new update

Gran Turismo™SPORT_12704.jpg

and a few minutes later

Gran Turismo™SPORT_12817.jpg

but no upload on youtube. did not look good

and my best first corner with ****y rest
Gran Turismo™SPORT_4616erstekurve.jpg

alpacaflip\\13,126pts
bil coz\\13,085pts
Paul_BNR32\\12,817pts
P78\\ 12K
SuomiBoy96\\ 11,539pts
Tommy_79\\11,369pts

what if we just step up the mx5/miata game and use the new one for nexts week challenge, would be fun to compare them.

Back