Unplayable DLC cars

• Thread starter Brabra010
  • 12 comments

Have you ever had this issue??

• Total voters
Netherlands
Netherlands
I have been playing this game since release. After some time not playing, I reinstalled it on my ps4. About a week after that I saw weird vehicles popping up in my garage. They have a triangle with an ! in them. I've never seen them before in my life and I use the garage a lot. Recently I bought one of those DLC cars with in-game money as I thought that the ! would go away. It didn't. I got a copy of the exact same car. So now I have one (playable) DLC car and one with the ! in it. When I click the cars with the !, it says "download the DLC again". The thing is, I don't have any of those cars, never bought them, never even thought of them. I have bought cars via the PS store in the past and recieved all of them. I have about 10 of those cars. All from the GR. classes. I've tried reinstalling the game, restoring licenses and both didn't work. How do I solve this problem? And there is, ofcourse, no way to contact PD. Any help would be appreciated!!

Attachments

• 20210207_163925.jpg
    20210207_163925.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 115
About a week after that I saw weird vehicles popping up in my garage. They have a triangle with an ! in them. I've never seen them before in my life and I use the garage a lot.
The cars were part of a pre-order bonus/Day 1 set.
How do I solve this problem?
In essence, what's happened here is that you're playing the game either on a different account to the one that installed the game originally or on a different console to the one that you originally used that account on or both.

What you need to do is "activate" the console as the installation account's "primary" console:
https://manuals.playstation.net/document/gb/ps4/settings/activation.html

Then any account on that console can use anything installed in the original account on that console (including PS Plus, and all game DLC). You can only have one console as your primary console, so this will also deactivate any other as your primary.

How could they be from a pre order set? They popped up a week ago and I didn't pre order the game. I've been playong since release, not pre order. I've had 4 other ps4's over the years, but also on them never had those cars. My account wasn't on primary. It was on someone else's ps4. But this person never even owned the game so never bought anything for it. I'll try the link you've sent and hope it will work. Thanks!!

I've done what you suggested. I already had my account on primary. So what I did was deactivating it and activating after. It unfortunatly did not help. I still have the ! on top of the cars

Last edited by a moderator:
How could they be from a pre order set? They popped up a week ago and I didn't pre order the game. I've been playong since release, not pre order.
The Digital Deluxe Edition 12-car Starter Pack included:
Audi R18 TDI
Audi Sport quattro Pikes Peak
Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3
Dodge SRT Tomahawk VGT
Ford Focus Gr.B
Ford Mustang Gr.B
Mazda LM55 VGT
Mitsubishi Lancer Gr.B
Nissan GT-R Nismo Schulze Motorsport
Peugeot RCZ Gr.B
Subaru WRX Gr.B
Toyota FT-1 VGT Gr.3

And... that's the cars that are missing for you.

Either the PS4 already had this installed before you got it or you installed it on that console with a different account; there's no other way this happened. The error you see is what occurs when the account that installed the DLC on that PS4 does not have that PS4 activated as its primary console.

The account that installed it - not the account you're trying to access the DLC on - needs to be activated on that PS4. Then use the Restore Licences function on that account too.

If you don't have access to that account (because it was someone else's) you won't have access to the content.

Last edited:
Well, no other account that has this have been on my ps4. This ps4 has been mine for over a year now and I've never seen these cars. So with all due respect, it can't be that. Since no accounts on my ps4 have this content purchased. And this would've been an earlier issue if that was the case (what you were saying). Cause I installed the game again avout 2/3 weeks ago and out of nowhere, here they are. No other account played this game on this ps4 besides me. I'm so confused now. Cause if those 2 are the only options, none of the 2 is the case here. Thanks for your help anyways

No, I bought this on my own console and never let someone play it on any other account then mine, because I take racing games pretty serious.

No, I bought this on my own console and never let someone play it on any other account then mine
That wasn't what I asked. I asked if you had played GT Sport on your account on someone else's console.

Either your console or your game save thinks you have the Digital Deluxe version of GT Sport installed. The only possible ways for that to happen is if it is installed on your console (either on your account or another account on the console) or you played it on a console where it was installed (adding the 12 cars to your garage) then copied your game save from that console to your own. That's all the possibilities for the 12-car Starter Pack from the Digital Deluxe version of GT Sport appearing in your game save as DLC cars.

The only fix, in either case, is to ensure that the account that installed the game has the PS4 you're trying to play it on activated as its primary console.

Last edited:
The only fix, in either case, is to ensure that the account that installed the game has the PS4 you're trying to play it on activated as its primary console.
For some of us who have had this issue with those cars, but under different circumstances, since day one there is no fix. I've tried every trick and tip going to remove those cars with no luck. I'd hoped doing another fresh install, this time onto the PS5 might fix it but no, they're still there.

No that isn't the case. I haven't touched any other ps4, besides my own, in years. So no, my account hasn't been on a console that had this game installed. I don't own the deluxe edition. I never did. I didn't even know there was one. So I still have no idea how these cars just randomly popped up when no has been using my account or my ps4 for GT sport. I didn't have them 2 weeks ago and suddenly they appeared a week ago. No changes were made regarding the game, console or account in the past 2 weeks. So how these cars were added to my garage is and will probably forever be a mystery

And my account is on primary on my own console. So either someone hacked my account and plays on their own ps4 to **** around with me. Or I'm tripping here. And it can't be the first one cause I change my passwords once a month. Isn't copying game saves not possible on ps4? Thought they blocked it

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly, this is an issue I've had since Day 1 when I pre-ordered mine from Gamestop (Limited Edition on regular PS4). I don't know if having both the content from the Limited Edition AND the pre-order content from Gamestop is the issue or what, but quite a few cars with those same symbols exist in my garage. Tried all the above and that didn't seem to help.

Last edited:
Sadly, this is an issue I've had since Day 1 when I pre-ordered mine from Gamestop (Limited Edition on regular PS4). I don't know if having both the content from the Limited Edition AND the pre-order content from Gamestop is the issue or what, but quite a few cars with those same symbols exist in my garage. Tried all the above and that didn't seem to help.

Yeah, it's annoying. But oh well. Not like the support will help me, since they only listen to E racers in my opinion

Back