Unpopular Opinions - General Thread

• Thread starter Carbonox
  • 2,977 comments
This. This! THIS!

I got a 500GB PS4 for Christmas this past year, and I already have 170ishGBs left. Keep in mind I only have 4 or 5 games at this time, but that's sure to grow in the next 6 months. I hear @STI9 just did something to add memory to his PS4, and I fear I'm gonna be doing the same thing here shortly.

Sure, with memory cards you have to figure out what games are on which cards, and space was limited, but you could change them out in a matter of seconds.

Why they ever trashed this system, I'll never know.

I swapped the hard drive for a 2TB (got me 1.77TB). Thinking about BF1 and GTSport being released and I suspect they will be 60+GB each. I had easy 6/7 games I had to delete to make space for new ones. It was too inconvenient to keep re-installing and deleting games so it made sense - it was only £60 and took 10 mins to actually swap the drive.

Also, Game of Thrones is overrated and although I have watched all the episodes, I have not watched the last season and tbh I am not in a hurry to do so.

Last edited:
I really don't care for GTA 5. I don't know why but i just don't play it. I barley played 4. The last GTA game i really played the hell out of was GTA San Andreas.

I've got quite a few unpopular opinions:

1) Chocolate tastes awful.

2) I find open-wheel racing like F1, Indycar, FormulaE incredibly boring to watch.

3) I hate everything about soccer.

4) Nickelback is FAR from the worst band. Not even close.

5) Taylor Swift is unattractive to me. She looks like a sloth.

6) Pokemon GO is overrated.

7) I actually don't mind MrBossFTW. He's definitely one of the more tolerable GTA Youtubers.

I think I can agree to some of those short of the fifth one saying "Taylor Swift looks like a sloth.", but to me Taylor is unattractive as well. :P

I agree. The sloth looks a lot better.

Actually that is another unpopular opinion. I would rather have a sloth as a pet than her as my girlfriend. Although I wouldn't have one because it's cruel to keep a sloth as a pet. They are incredibly cute though.

What about this ?

tumblr_mdhuwq5agr1rhb1gxo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
Except nobody ever had a lot of memory cards so deleting things used to be a monthly ritual.

I had one of those third-party ones with multiple "pages". Had two little buttons on it to switch over to them.

It was handy, up until the point it would reformat itself, which happened on a roughly monthly basis. It's the main reason I got a DexDrive, and why I've since always bought first-party controllers and memory cards.

Unpopular opinion: the wheel-only elitists of the sim racing world are easily one of the worst aspects of the genre.

Most Politicians (especially one with a big party) basically didnt know anything but wants control notheless and regardless.

I would rather buy my kids Biophilia than give them any new crap
You'd rather give them old crap instead?

I'd say sorry to the Björk heads out there but I'd be lying.

Well they pretty much mean the same thing so you can't really not live when you exist.
Have you gotten the fullest out of your life for how long you have existed? If not, you haven't lived.

Have you gotten the fullest out of your life for how long you have existed? If not, you haven't lived.
That is a bit too subjective to go around. It comes to what the person thinks if they've gotten the fullest of their life. Someone could just be a slouch and binge watch Netflix all day and they can say "I've gotten the fullest out of my life".

Even other people will think differently, the majority will think my example hasn't "lived" but few people will.

Something that's subjective can't be used to tell differences between living and existing.

It can because I just did, its called an opinion. Opinions are subjective.
I was mainly talking about Kolio's reason for why Living and Existing are different in that post. Not the actual thing you said. What I think about living and existing being the same is opininated.

but you can't back up an opinion with more opinions. Definitions back up my reasons for why Living and Existing are the same, that's backing up an opinion with some facts, but opinions are hard to take serious if you back your opinion with another opinion.

I'll be happy if "Chivalry" died.

Treat your partner how you both want to be treated. Not because of silly traditions that should've died.

I hate the new(ish) trend of head shaving (with a bic razor) for white men, especially if the guy is over 40 years old. I think this is because when I was a boy, my Mom told me to "stay away" from them and that they are all "nazi skinheads". Dude you're going bald, it happens to most men, get over it.

I hate the new(ish) trend of head shaving (with a bic razor) for white men, especially if the guy is over 40 years old. I think this is because when I was a boy, my Mom told me to "stay away" from them and that they are all "nazi skinheads". Dude you're going bald, it happens to most men, get over it.

He. I am balding. I can't go walking around with patches of hair here and there on my head.

Dude you're going bald, it happens to most men, get over it.
He. I am balding. I can't go walking around with patches of hair here and there on my head.
Yeah, I think you've got the right idea, honestly. I'd do the same thing.

If anything, the people not "getting over it" are the ones doing some level of this:

upload_2016-8-18_19-36-0.png

*shudder*

Couple more from me:

-The St Anger album by Metallica isn't all that bad. Sure, it's not everyone's taste, but it describes what the band was going through at the time pretty well, IMO.

The heck? No, I'm not questioning your opinion, last night I had a dream of someone telling me that St Anger wasn't a bad album... Yes, my dreams are really boring. I once had a dream where I just went onto Skype, noted that my dream was actually incorrect because the profile picture for someone was not right. :lol: I haven't actually listened to that album in full, but what I have heard wasn't necessarily bad, so I'd probably agree with you if I listened to the album.

NSFW, duh:

Back