Untuned Car Leaderboards?

  • Thread starter Thread starter KYLB0T
  • 9 comments
  • 925 views
Messages
20
Messages
KYLB0T
I don't know how many others would value this feature, but I know that I would certainly enjoy time trails or some form of leaderboards where we were given only 1 car and no option for tuning/upgrades.

I mostly enjoy fun even racing / hot lapping, and what I don't enjoy is having to search and spend a bunch of time building cars and tunes to be competitive.

I realize many people do enjoy the aspects that I view as negatives, but I just wish we had more options to attain this sort of gameplay. Does anyone else feel the same as I do?
 
You should have seen my face when I ran 8 miles home through 4 feet of snow.
Put GT5 in my PS3 & couldn't find any time trials at all.

Was hoping for Prologue style leaderboards. But it never happened :/
 
I feel the same way. I love racing and time trialing untuned cars. Unfortunately PD haven't given us many stock time trials for seasonal events. I have actually made out my own word file with my lap times around Nurburgring. The top 10 lap chart provided in GT5 doesn't cut it. It doesn't separate stock from tuned and you can't delete individual times.

As for racing, I'd recommend checking out the some of the leagues and clubs here on GTP. Personally, I've started taking part in the Turtle Racing League. Also S.N.A.I.L. and the Stock Club that VBR has put together (at least temporarily) run stock races. You should take a look. 👍
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys. I am thinking that it is a little late to expect that a feature like this would be implemented, but we can always hope.

I have considered trying to join some of the groups I have seen on here, but my only worry is that with school/jobhunt/etc I won't always be able to satisfy the time required. I will try and check them out though. Happy racing fellas
 
You should have seen my face when I ran 8 miles home through 4 feet of snow.
Put GT5 in my PS3 & couldn't find any time trials at all.

Was hoping for Prologue style leaderboards. But it never happened :/



Bwahahahahah *snort
 
Ive actually made out my own word file with my lap times around Nurburgring. The top 10 lap chart provided in GT5 doesn't cut it. It doesn't separate stock from tuned and you can't delete individual times.

Create your own track. Name it TimeTrial SS.

SS stands for the tyres

And then you have a leader board of proper comparisons.
 
Thanks for the replies guys. I am thinking that it is a little late to expect that a feature like this would be implemented, but we can always hope.

I have considered trying to join some of the groups I have seen on here, but my only worry is that with school/jobhunt/etc I won't always be able to satisfy the time required. I will try and check them out though. Happy racing fellas

You really should check out the GTPlanet WRS Registry - we have weekly TTs both with tuned and un-tuned cars and a weekly live race based on the TT of the previous week. You can give as much or as little time as you want. 👍
 
You really should check out the GTPlanet WRS Registry - we have weekly TTs both with tuned and un-tuned cars and a weekly live race based on the TT of the previous week. You can give as much or as little time as you want. 👍

I do believe I will get around to it. Thanks for the encouragement. And thanks to everyone else in this thread for their suggestions as well :)
 
Back