Upcoming NFS game in 2017?

• Thread starter citroengt1
  • 199 comments

What do you want for the 2017 NFS?

• Total voters
"Offline play" AKA upcoming NFS game requires an ALWAYS ONLINE connection "to play offline"

I doubt they would do that after stating that it will be "completely offline"

"When release day rolls around for the next Need for Speed, you will be able to play through a single player experience completely offline"

In fact that sentence suggests that there will be a separate multiplayer mode available too.

It looks promising, but I'll reserve judgement until I see some actual gameplay. Should be good if they at least fix the god awful handling.

Do you think unlicensed parts should come back for NFS2017? To maybe add more customizable parts for every car?

Yes, I would like to see unlicensed (a.k.a. "fake") parts make a return. It's great to have the real parts, but the game doesn't portray reality, so why would there be a need to ensure all of the parts are real? I suppose it depends on how far you take that philosophy though... Taken to the next level, this could mean CARS that aren't real either, which would totally suck and have zero interest from me.

I would also like to see Autosculpt come back. I really enjoyed taking the stock appearances of cars and modifying them just slightly to create a "restomod" look.

As for marrying a single player experience with a multiplayer experience, this is my idea:

Have a huge city map devoted to the single player "story" mode, where all of the typical NFS shenanigans take place. But you can drive to a huge Airpark on the map, and after a loading sreen (to get you connected to the server) you will enter a "Raceday" event or festival similar to Prostreet or Forza Horizons. There you will be able to race real-world players on close-course tracks, which would change on a weekly or monthly basis. There will be leaderboards and the whole nine yards. They can even include team or crew-based gameplay.

In addition to the races, there could be a car show in one of the aircraft hangers. Entering the show will allow players to sport their cars and custom liveries, which will be judged by peers with some sort of voting system, and conducted on a weekly basis. Winners receive prizes like special parts or decals.

There can be performance vendors selling parts at a discounted rate compared to what you find out in the single player world, maybe even unique items unavailable elsewhere.

What do you think?

As for marrying a single player experience with a multiplayer experience, this is my idea:

Have a huge city map devoted to the single player "story" mode, where all of the typical NFS shenanigans take place. But you can drive to a huge Airpark on the map, and after a loading sreen (to get you connected to the server) you will enter a "Raceday" event or festival similar to Prostreet or Forza Horizons. There you will be able to race real-world players on close-course tracks, which would change on a weekly or monthly basis. There will be leaderboards and the whole nine yards. They can even include team or crew-based gameplay.

In addition to the races, there could be a car show in one of the aircraft hangers. Entering the show will allow players to sport their cars and custom liveries, which will be judged by peers with some sort of voting system, and conducted on a weekly basis. Winners receive prizes like special parts or decals.

There can be performance vendors selling parts at a discounted rate compared to what you find out in the single player world, maybe even unique items unavailable elsewhere.

What do you think?
Good idea, but I think there would also need to be some multiplayer in the open world as well.

I wonder if they're going to bring some of the cars over from NFS2015 to NFS2017?

And also I hope they finally fixed the problem with Ferrari. If they're gonna add the 458 and F40, they better have Liberty Walk parts and customizable parts. The Purrari incident is no longer an excuse with FH3 having Liberty Walk parts for the 458.

Give us lots of customization options, but don't force algorithms to determine what looks cool - as if that's even possible. Just throwing 20 vinyl layers on a car doesn't make it look good, it could look like throw-up.

carshows are judged on algorithms. Whoever has the most mods usually wins. It's not always a pretty car. Ijs

As far as Nfs goes; I would be surprised if they're not following the leader at the moment(FH3). If their handling model hasn't changed to simcade, they have no one to blame but themselves

You see there was a similar case like the Ferrari and that was Juiced 2. The BMW cars (M3 E46, Z4, and M3 GTR) weren't customizable at all. Even if the rims were customizable, all you have is BMW rims. Plus the performance parts are BMW branded as well/

Good idea, but I think there would also need to be some multiplayer in the open world as well.

Definitely if they have Canyon Duels like in Carbon! There's no reason why a multiplayer component couldn't stage such events in the real world. My suggestion was just a way to make the process feel more authentic - drive to a location in your customized ride to show it off and race others. Also, if they were to go this route, I would suggest turning the damage model *off* when driving around the Airpark to prevent knuckleheads from trashing your ride. During actual races it can be active of course.

Also it would be a good way to get into police chases due to the heavy police presence just outside the event ;)

Essentially what I'm describing is Most Wanted '05/Carbon with Prostreet (but with multiplayer) built into the game.

Yes, I would like to see unlicensed (a.k.a. "fake") parts make a return. It's great to have the real parts, but the game doesn't portray reality, so why would there be a need to ensure all of the parts are real? I suppose it depends on how far you take that philosophy though... Taken to the next level, this could mean CARS that aren't real either, which would totally suck and have zero interest from me.
Alot of the appeal is because the parts are real. Parts some people wouldn't event be able to afford in real life, so having licensed part in the game is only a plus. I wouldn't mind if autosculpt made its way back into the franchise after some modifications of course. They can use some real world parts as a reference for the base parts, I think that would work great.

I'd wish they would expand on the amount of licensed parts available. The previous game's selection is a weird mix of mainstream and obscure brands with a lot of gaps and some generic parts in between.

^^^ Definitely love that there are licensed parts to the game, and I hope they expand the selection much more. But fake virtual parts, if necessary, are better than nothing.

Saw the IGN NFS 2017 review and I'm sold. Would love to see a return of all or most of the cars used in the 2015 game (inc the Diablo and F40). In any case the statement of an offline mode while disappointing (not likely to appear in 2015 game) is a very welcome addition to any future game and a resolution to my primary concern.

P.S it seems we're getting a Hot Pursuit game (or anything that isn't Pro Street or Shift. Old Scholl NFS in otherwords)

Back