update 1.05 - Ensure you follow the AUP when posting

I can't download this new update. While installing it always goes to about 12% and an error message comes up. Could anybody help me. For those who want to know the error code is 80029564

That error usually means the server was not able to complete the request due to being too busy. All I can suggest is to try it again later.
else try to disable the SPI firewall in ur router, will work

Hi

Can anyone share some experience with the new online dealership? What cars are there, what's the prices? Haven't self been able to download it and check it out (been working).

Thanks

Hi

Can anyone share some experience with the new online dealership? What cars are there, what's the prices? Haven't self been able to download it and check it out (been working).

Thanks

all the rare cars: like the f1 gran turismo, touring cars all the skyline versions for the new online special events feature
etc. so u just focus on saving money for your dream car :)
plus the prices are reasonable

It's there 👍

People tend to say it's unlocked in Practice Mode only probably because Arcade seems to be one of the most underplayed gametypes in the game. I personally visit it even more now since another undocumented change was that Arcade races now always have 15 other cars, rather than 11.

That's awesome news.👍 I play arcade mode a lot and will play it even more when I have completed all of the single player stuff in GT mode.

one of the things i love about the new update is the garage settings i always had to change it to distance or max power all the time from newest car brought first whatever its called, now it stays on my last setting so its always on distance cause most of the cars i drive have done lots of mileage,

Among some of the other nice features I've seen so far I think my favorites are:

Personal BGM music.

Seasonal events. (new stuff to do whenever I feel like it/have the cars. Plus the rewards are very nice.)

The ability to start a race over without having to exit to the menu. Seriously, this is so simple and useful. Why was this not mentioned in the change list? It streamlines grinding races so very nicely.

Online credits and XP are nice too, haven't played much online but I think I might play more now that there's something to gain out of it.

Keep up the great work PD.

Now about playing created courses with friends online, when may we do that? :)

I just noticed that when you pull your hand brake the clutch doesn't automatically kick in any more and you can do FWD burnouts. Sorry if this was included before the update, but I just noticed this.

I notice a difference in handling for the Lamborghini Murcielago LP670 because I bought it before the update and it was stock except some added aero parts and I race it at the first event of NA tune at Expert mode with the sport hard tires.

Before the update, it was a bit handful around the corners and took a bit while to reach number one but after the update, the handling improve a bit by 40% and it doesn't slide around very much as it used to ..

can anyone confirm this?

t
[GT Mode]-[GT Life] have been increased for a limited time only. (This applies until the end of January 2011.) .. why ?? not forever as they pay from their pockets

I think (hope?) that the limited time is because come the end of January there will be a major overhaul of the points/levels system.

It's there 👍

People tend to say it's unlocked in Practice Mode only probably because Arcade seems to be one of the most underplayed gametypes in the game. I personally visit it even more now since another undocumented change was that Arcade races now always have 15 other cars, rather than 11.

Yes, Arcade Mode races are probably the best races I have in GT5.

Yesterday I raced 30 laps of HSR with default Superleggera, 16 cars on track, Pro settings, heavy damage, full skids, no assits, etc.

Probably my best GT experience of all times, period.

Has anyone menetioned the save copy? I copied the save from my main account and went to another account and it asked if I wanted to overwrite, so you can only copy one save from a PS3 to a specific device. I wonder if this means I can have a second account with my full save in it? I'll maybe copy the save on the other account to my SD car and restore my main save and see what the game does, This could have the potential for abuse...

Yes, Arcade Mode races are probably the best races I have in GT5.

Yesterday I raced 30 laps of HSR with default Superleggera, 16 cars on track, Pro settings, heavy damage, full skids, no assits, etc.

Probably my best GT experience of all times, period.

I have found Arcade to offer up some really good experiences also... shame Aspec doesn't feature the same experience...

I think the patch made the daily sending limit a literal 24 hours from the time you last sent a car to someone. I did a trade at 9pm, and tried another one at midnight and I couldn't send the car. Really screwed up my trade as the other guy sent his car first!! All is well now, but I just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

Anyone else notice that TCS and ASM can no longer be adjusted in-game using the RA function in GT life? You now have to decide on a setting before the race. Seems weird that they only allow you to adjust brake bias and ABS in-game, because in real life these aren't easily adjustable unlike TCS and ASM.

The rest of the update is awesome though!

24 hours between gifts? That could get seriously annoying, though at least it tells you that you can't rather than letting the car get lost in the "ether". Not that I send much fortunately other than between my accounts on my PS3.

I have found Arcade to offer up some really good experiences also... shame Aspec doesn't feature the same experience...

I had great A-Spec races with cars made to AI spec, but with this update I find that major addition in structure could be made if Arcade Races would also produce XP/Cr.

Especially because Arcade fields are now always 16 cars, you always start from the back, and every race needs to be tackled in almost real-life driving behaviour with heavy damage on.

It should be "settings-dependable" (AI setting, what assists, what damage lv, race length, etc) but it would tremendously elevate the overall experience.

Ive just logged in today for the first time and ive been awarded 6 paint and 6 museum cards! I wonder if i get 7 of each tomorrow?!

I had great A-Spec races with cars made to AI spec, but with this update I find that major addition in structure could be made if Arcade Races would also produce XP/Cr.

Especially because Arcade fields are now always 16 cars, you always start from the back, and every race needs to be tackled in almost real-life driving behaviour with heavy damage on.

It should be "settings-dependable" (AI setting, what assists, what damage lv, race length, etc) but it would tremendously elevate the overall experience.

Are they still one make races in Arcade mode?

Regarding the No HUD option, am I the only one who is still unsatisfied? The thing that annoys me the most (and I would like to turn OFF) is the red blinking recommended gear light. I feel like the game is forcing me his breaking points. It's handy in the beginning when you don't know the track, but latter it's very distracting. In Tourism Trophy you could do that. I would like to know everyone's opinion on this point. Best Regards.

how the heck are you guys getting free paint? they give me the cards only... :confused:

anyway, this update is money! I like it... ALOT!

option to turn the HUD off... finally! so much more immersive... and now nothing cluttering up the rear view mirror on some of the cars. :)

data save is great. (why can't this be the norm for PS3 game saves in general for all games? :irked:)
I'm so happy PD included this, much needed feature.

extra events, more money, online car dealer, ect. freaking awesome. great job PD! 👍

I want another option - keep HUD, but remove the flashing red gear indicator!
A limited setting like in GT4, maybe even remove the driver list on the right and the map on the left.

You need the HUD for standard cars

I find it quite funny, that PD decided to hide the instruments, but keep the statistics on the screen :crazy:

I mean, what is more important? To drive the car and see it´s limits or watch the screen to see the statistiscs.

Would have been better to hide the statistics and keep instruments on screen.

Are they still one make races in Arcade mode?

I would do it, too. The problem is, that you cannot have races with NASCAR or SuperGT-only. You always get a mixed field and that´s bad.

I find it quite funny, that PD decided to hide the instruments, but keep the statistics on the screen :crazy:

I mean, what is more important? To drive the car and see it´s limits or watch the screen to see the statistiscs.

Would have been better to hide the statistics and keep instruments on screen.

I agree. Makes more sense to me (I use the bumper cam) to keep the instruments (rev counter, gear indicator and speedo) and turn the other stuff off. What would be nice would be a button mapping to hide / show the HUD. When you want to briefly check lap times, remaining laps, tyre wear, fuel consumption etc. just hit a button to toggle it on / off.

have they fixed the blocky/jaggy shadows in the new update? I kno PD admitted that the shadows are a problem & they want to improve it, but does anyone know when will this be fixed?

Back