Update 1.09 what did it bring?

• Thread starter GEO_2009
  • 254 comments
I'd like to contribute something constructive. Some time ago, I wanted to buy the C4 Corvette (my favourite kind of Corvette) but ended up not doing it because it did not look as good as I hoped. Yesterday I saw it again in the UCD and immediately bought it - the front at least looks really crisp now, and the pics I made of it look great.
So either my visual standards have decreased, or they improved the model. I also think some textures on some standard cars have improved (not the Lambo Diablo, alas).
Is that something that might have been going on in the background with the patches?

I'd like to contribute something constructive. Some time ago, I wanted to buy the C4 Corvette (my favourite kind of Corvette) but ended up not doing it because it did not look as good as I hoped. Yesterday I saw it again in the UCD and immediately bought it - the front at least looks really crisp now, and the pics I made of it look great.
So either my visual standards have decreased, or they improved the model. I also think some textures on some standard cars have improved (not the Lambo Diablo, alas).
Is that something that might have been going on in the background with the patches?

1.07 handled the minor improvements of some of the standard cars :)

Ah, I did not know that - it was unannounced, right? Hopefully we'll see more improvements like that (Diablo...)

Have the tires always been called Race: Wet in the tuning menu and Race: Rain in the driving options or was that a recent change? I've only noticed it until now, that Race: Rain became Race: Wet under the tuning menu tire options but it did not change in the Driving Options tire selection menu. PD likes to confuse me.

Thanks to 1.09, I did the Advanced Snow Rally today without it freezing, as it had always done before.

I believe this was an isolated thing because nobody ever had this before. After the patch, I did all 8 stages without issue. And HDD reinstalls didn't work.

OMG!!!!!!!!!! My Chaparral 2J has an exhaust on the back of it now!!!! What has this Eco friendly world come too!!! Get that thing off my car!

Reading some topics on GTP latelly are getting plain disgusting...

People get waaaaaaaaay offtopic and there's the same guys getting into the fight on almost every thread. damn.

People frequently ask people/companies to pull their head out of their *****, this isn't something I consider an explicit rule violation. I've seen it quite a few times on this forum directed at Polyphony Digital and I haven't seen a person being reported for it.
"Ungrateful pricks"

It is comparable. Glitches has hurt both The Conduit's and Gran Turismo 5's online experiences when present. Both games also have hackers, the former ruined by them and the other, hacking is getting started and can spread online pretty fast.
No. "They both have glitches" in no way means that the two situations can be compared. You cannot compare the game ruining nonsense that happens in The Conduit to the stuff that is happening in GT5 now because the stuff in GT5 may theoretically lead to the same problems as in The Conduit.
And anyone who seriously claims that GT5 has been ruined by any of the exploits that have been found so far is being so painfully melodramatic that they have no idea what they are talking about.

Because there are other things to do in the game for fun that you can make progress in.
Except that is avoiding the issue. And the only thing that actually rewards progress is A-Spec mode, so it is moot anyways.

It may not have a huge A-Spec, but the other factors of the game more then makes up for it.
I'm pretty sure if this was true the second most hot topic issue wouldn't be for PD to add more events to the game.

And considering that it's been almost six months and Nokkien has already gotten 1,160 cars, it's not unrealistic to expect that he can receive 4,000 cars within six years based on how much he has earned now.
You could read literally any of Excorcet's posts on this to understand why this is nonsense. And that is ignoring how that wasn't a problem in previous games.

People play at different rates, it's only "poorly designed" if you force yourself on the TV screen to get a car you want.
No. It is poorly designed, objectively, simply comparing the structure of the single player to previous games in the series. Personal interpretation has nothing to do with it.
Your example also highlights another reason, because you could do that exact thing in previous games in the series without much problem.

It's not a double standard. marchi's post from my perspective falls under the AUP. The general tone I got from his post was that he was frustrated with how the community was acting despite the tsunami event and while I don't entirely agree with what he said, it is far from a hateful post.
Again: "Ungrateful Pricks." Look up the words if you need to.

I'm not saying that glitchers are selfish people who constantly moan about the game, that is not what I am saying, but as people have the right to complain about people complaining about the glitch, people also have the right to complain about glitchers.
And people have a right to call those who whine about glitchers elitist, self-righteous babies, because that isn't a conclusion that is particularly far off based on the reasoning most of them give.

There are a few people here with even less then a life then I do, but most of a "get a life" arguments is just trying to say that they're right in an argument and really doesn't indicate that it's that much of a problem.
Except the problem in this case is very well documented, and he partially explained it as well.

Im pissed too man.G27 is one of the few high quality wheels with clutch control but no support by PD.:grumpy:

I can't remember where I read it, but one of the Members had a chance to actually talk with KAZ about the wheels. ( November 2010 )

PD's reply was that Logitech was Unwilling to change their firmware to support GT5, so I doubt that full G25 / G27 support will ever come.

Blame that on Logitech.

im not sure if this has been covered already but i use the g25 wheel and to customise the buttons i just use the driving force pro setup option in the options menu, i think its the driving force pro, it has the same amount of buttons as the g25 just minus the little dial thing,
i can assign any control to any button, the only downside is there isnt enough buttons for all options,
but in regards to clutch control if you switch the g25 to h mode then when the race is about to start (or maybe just after the green i cant really remember as i usually use the paddels) if you press triangle (the top of the four buttons that resemble the ps3 layout) you will engage the clutch option and that will make the car a proper h shifter necessitating the clutch and allowing you to slip the car in neutral and/or double clutch.
my apologies if this has already been mentioned.

I agree with fixing glitches as an update along with newer/updated support for game controllers...

However, I dont feel grateful for some of the past updates that really are just additions to what SHOULD HAVE already been in the game in the first place, eg SS 2-player replays and saves... qualifying for position (practice in GT4) for example, why would you remove that??? codes/functionality already there from previous game! you would have to go out of your way to remove/not include the function... I really dont like the Sympathisers of PD who say we should be 'grateful' they even put out the updates...get the fk outta here!!!

For 6 years of work and countless 'hype' and 'promises' GT5 is not really up to par... classic examples are tracks availability, its a blu-ray disc, you could have all the tracks from all the previous games in GT5! and considering they ported a lot of old tracks with little graphical enhancement...whats the issue?! Laziness! and ****** head/lead designers!

Back