Update 1.12 help!

• Thread starter gordongt
  • 100 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
gordongt1990/remote-racer-247
Hi there. I can't seem to install 1.12. It prepared the update but it comes up with error during installation. Is there any way around this at all?

I thought it may of been just download as I am running it but seems on both. Great :(

@Mr P may be having the same problem.

I directed him to: http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_4441438.html

Which explains that you might find the downloaded/partially-installed update in the Game Data Utility, where you can possibly delete it and restart the process. I'm not sure, I've not had these problems myself, and am not near my PS3 at the moment.

EDIT: But if you only see the main GT6 Game data in there, think twice about deleting it because all your replays and pictures in-game will go with it, and you'd have to apply all 12 patches again. But sometimes that seems to be the only way people get around these issues.

For me it was installing at first but I had to go to work so I left the PS3 on to finish installing. When I got back I got an error during installation.

Cheers Gravitron :cheers:

Yep same issue here and the partially installed update was in the game save folder as a corrupted icon... took 10 minutes to delete rebooted and tried again and the error is still there 👎 this update has totally wrecked my game save and lost my replays from anything I have driven since last week including this weeks WRS! not happy at all :grumpy:

Is there a solution in wich i don't have to re-do all the goddamn updates and then wait 3 HOURS to finally play? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

---edited - not needed---

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep took the plunge and deleted my GT6 gamesave and it knocked me back to the previous version and thankfully not from scratch 👍 so I still have all my cars and cash but lost all my replays and game completion etc... :(

Better than total loss I guess, I just hope the update works now as I dont want to wait hours for the exact same result :grumpy: fingers crossed :P

Why did my message got deleted?

Anyway, f:censored: it for today, i'm gonna do it tomorrow, i just wanna play with my friends at Minecraft. I don't care if i lose my login bonuses i'll just do the Abarth 500 and then drive my cars until i get the 200% bonus.

Peace all.

EDIT: Let me know on this thread if the solution worked or not because i don't want to do it again.

Decided to just delete the game data and just re-download/install all the updates. Going pretty fast to since im on update 7/11. But I know once the in-game install start its gonna be few hours wait. PD should have a team on standby during every update release just in case theres problems.

Well my update has crashed again after 90 mins of waiting for them all to download again and then when start install it has error again and reboots to try again with crazy install time and then crashes again shortly after :( PD I think you owe me a new ps3 if this one is gubbed due to your cr@ppy updates 👎

IMG_0510[1].JPG

To begin with I am also having the same problem, stated in the OP. I am in the process of mywnd uninstall gdu then restart the game so far several hous in and no signs of Success or failure yet.Now to share my views on the problem causing all of this.According to what I've read this has been a problem since 1.03. A problem that should have been solved by this point. It is inexecusable that PD allowed this problem to still plague their game...

Last edited:
To begin with I am also having the same problem. I am in the process of mywnd uninstall gdu then restart the game attempt. There is no reason that a devolper should allow this kimd of problem exist. This is a sad exist for an update. It is rare in any environment that a update creates such a large problem.
...What?

And 3 hours later I finally got done re-downloading/installing all the updates and can finally play. PD you suck!

Last edited:
And 3 hours later I finally got done re-downloading/install ing all the updates and can finally play. PD you suck!
I wish that after I reinstalled that it would work for me. Execpt as it turns out I just wasted my time. Does anyone know anyother potential solutions besides the Gdu uninstall?

Mine took a long time, but no error luckily. I heard heard delete the game files (not the save) and it should work. Seems like mixed reviews about that in here

Re-installing is not an option for me. That would take 100 hours at a guess. My installation is stuck at 70 mins left, and dunno if I should leave it on for another day.

I have been getting errors but just trying to update again and again has worked for me most of the time. There is a technical solution that works for me using a proxy, but for any download under 1GB, I don't usually bother.

I updated my game from the PS+ auto update and then switched it on to install the data. It was nearly half way thru and I had to leave for work so I quit the game and when I came back it tried to reinstall but just kept coming back with install errors.

Deleted my game data and re downloaded over night, left it to install as I left for work, was half way thru again with "3 mins left"

It said 3 mins left for about 10 mins.

I had the same both with 1.04 and 1.10. Took ages before things were installed ok. I guess this is more PSN's fault than PD's

Although it's not helpful that PD is as bad at estimating download times and install times as they are at estimating release dates. During the second download/installation part that happens "inside" GT6, the time remaining fluxuated wildly between 5 minutes and 80 minutes and was stuch at 8 seconds remaining for at lieast 5 minutes at the end. Crazy.

@Mr P may be having the same problem.

I directed him to: http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_4441438.html

Which explains that you might find the downloaded/partially-installed update in the Game Data Utility, where you can possibly delete it and restart the process. I'm not sure, I've not had these problems myself, and am not near my PS3 at the moment.

EDIT: But if you only see the main GT6 Game data in there, think twice about deleting it because all your replays and pictures in-game will go with it, and you'd have to apply all 12 patches again. But sometimes that seems to be the only way people get around these issues.
I deleted and restarted 3 times i even cleared both saved game data, and still nothing

Failed so many times last night I done a quick format and it failed after 3hrs + redownloading all the updates again... eventually I went for the full format as this is a god damned joke! I just spent over £200 on a G27 for this bollocks????

Disgusted at PD for losing me my game save and looks like i need a new PS3 also ... absolutely gutted :(

IMG_0511[1].JPG

Seriously, you guys are not lucky... but there is worse... On my side the installation worked fine. I even got the Toyota VGT just fine, then I decided to load the first Zahara race. It froze there at the loading screen. and zip, I cannot even run the new track.

Games crashes when i try to get out of there... it gets stuck at the GT logo screen. The same happens when I try to load any rainmasters race in carreer mode. I wonder if changing consoles would work? I'll try to borrow a slim ps3 to work with.

Disgusted at PD for losing me my game save and looks like i need a new PS3 also ... absolutely gutted :(
You might just have a bad/failing hard drive. Trying another drive would have been my first move before formatting the system.

Also you have no one to blame but yourself if you formatted your PS3 without first backing up you game save.

You might just have a bad/failing hard drive. Trying another drive would have been my first move before formatting the system.

Also you have no one to blame but yourself if you formatted your PS3 without first backing up you game save.

I thought of that too... do I have a bad or failing hard drive on my ps3

I have a game save but its not as recent as I would like it to be considering I never saw this happening and I do have a life and don't consider crazy scenario's! But thanks anyway for your blunt arrogant reply to my random bad luck 👍 don't speak to me again please I don't like your high and mighty smart ass replies... Thanks :)

Back