GT Sport Update 1.16 Arrives

• Thread starter DJShadesUK
  • 398 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
With 1.16 are PD forcing a complete (rolled-up) re-installation of GTS updates and blowing away all the previous incremental updates?

After installation of the incremental 1.15 update (which weighed in at around 3gb iirc) I had to do a full re-install of GTS due to the main menu freeze bug appearing again; the full rolled-up 1.15 update weighed in at 24gb.

1.16 is also 24gb (well, just over) so have PD had a fundamental problem with patching patches of patches of patches and just gone for the nuclear option; pretty much a full re-installation of the game?

- UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE -

15:33 04/04/2018:

The huge size of the update appears to have been a glitch in Sony's update network/servers - pushing out all previous updates as well as 1.16 - and not, as I initially suspected, due to PD re-issuing all updates due to a messy patched codebase.

The glitch in the update network has now been fixed and the incremental 1.16 update, which people appear to be getting now, is available and around 107mb.

Great news for those on slow internet connections!

Last edited:
With 1.16 are PD forcing a complete (rolled-up) re-installation of GTS updates and blowing away all the previous incremental updates?

After installation of the incremental 1.15 update (which weighed in at around 2gb iirc) I had to do a full re-install of GTS due to the main menu freeze bug appearing again; the full rolled-up 1.15 update weighed in at 24gb.

1.16 is also 24gb (well, just over) so have PD had a fundamental problem with patching patches of patches of patches and just gone for the nuclear option; pretty much a full re-installation of the game?

Wow, haven't installed the new update yet, sheesh...

24gb sounds good but maybe they have the same problem like the dudes from kingdom come game. If they patch even a tiny little thing they need to upload the whole file again. Extreme inefficient. Same thing yesterday at mx vs atv, pc patch 130mb, ps4 patch 14gb, same content.
So lets see, patch is almost done here.

I'm going for Lemans... The race is coming up in a couple months.... And we now have a full field full of race cars . 4 classes of cars... 4,3,2, and one.... Ripe for the 24 hours of LeMans.

This update better bring all new GT sport 2.0 with all new audio, visuals , 10 new tracks and performance modifications. If Polyphony expects us to download almost 30gb of data with only a minor bug fix.....

Why is it such a big problem to let it download in rest mode while you're at work or sleeping?

I'm going for Lemans... The race is coming up in a couple months.... And we now have a full field full of race cars . 4 classes of cars... 4,3,2, and one.... Ripe for the 24 hours of LeMans.

We've just got a content update... No way this brings anything spectacular like Le Mans.

Wow, haven't installed the new update yet, sheesh...

I noticed you've edited your original post, I guess you've now seen the update size for yourself? :lol::lol::lol: Like I said, it appears PD have gone for the "nuclear" option and nuked all the previous patches of patches of patches.

24gb sounds good but maybe they have the same problem like the dudes from kingdom come game. If they patch even a tiny little thing they need to upload the whole file again. Extreme inefficient. Same thing yesterday at mx vs atv, pc patch 130mb, ps4 patch 14gb, same content.
So lets see, patch is almost done here.

Again, seems like the PD have gone "nuclear". Patching patches of patches of patches was maybe getting unmanagable/unworkable in this instance? Regrettably it happens sometimes, hopefully it doesn't happen too often.

This update better bring all new GT sport 2.0 with all new audio, visuals , 10 new tracks and performance modifications. If Polyphony expects us to download almost 30gb of data with only a minor bug fix.....

Somehow I doubt it. The fact this appears to be a full reinstallation (not an incremental update) suggests this "minor bug" as you call it is anything but a minor bug.

Thank goodness I have a fast, unlimited, fibre internet connection, still took about 30 minutes to download though! Lets see what happens (if the servers are back up too, sometimes they're back up before the "end" of the scheduled maintenance).

Edit: Servers not back up yet. Oh well, I'll just amuse myself with GT League for a bit...

Thank goodness I have a fast, unlimited, fibre internet connection, still took about 30 minutes to download though! Lets see what happens (if the servers are back up too, sometimes they're back up before the "end" of the scheduled maintenance).

Do tell if there are some new features :) - I'll have to leave for work before the update downloads (60 minutes left ....)

I'm not going to get too excited just yet. It should be downloaded a bit after the servers are done "maintaining". Sure would have been nice if they'd at least given us an idea as to what this was all about.

I only have to wait 3 hours now for trye screech noises. Time for some spring cleaning.

DSC_0355.JPG

Christ almighty! I stayed up till 2am here thinking it would be a tiny update just to fix the audio bug, but now there's a six hour download ahead of me... I'll be up to work in three hours, looks like my console will stay in standby mode for the next 16 hours (when I'm back from work).

And I hate keeping my consoles in standby because there's a lot of power fluctuations and sudden drops in my area that are known to damage any electronic device.

I'm officially scared.

I'm not going to get too excited just yet. It should be downloaded a bit after the servers are done "maintaining". Sure would have been nice if they'd at least given us an idea as to what this was all about.

Don't get excited at all, there wont (and indeed doesn't appear) be any new content.

Do tell if there are some new features :) - I'll have to leave for work before the update downloads (60 minutes left ....)

Nothing as of yet, but I didn't expect there would be, won't know about the rest until the servers are back up, but I don't expect there to be anything there either. This is PD taking the nuclear option... nuke all the patches of patches of patches and start fresh.

Deep Forest Raceway? Acura NSX '94? What on earth could be in there!?!?!
So far nothing (new) content wise, and until the servers are back up we won't know about anything else, but I very much doubt it will be new content (it will include all the previous content up to 1.15 of course).

I'm telling you, PD have gone nuclear.

Back