Update 1:21 Undocumented Changes Thread

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 89 comments
Probably an early peek at the kind of rain effects you'd see on the PS4.

That's what I'm thinking as well. It's quite spectacular when you've got clear skies and a wet track, it can probably be used to create some nice effects in photomode.

From my point of view Clutch has been improved, no more miss shifts from 3rd to 2nd and from 1st to 2nd much much better. I usually drive with heel and toe technique and it feels more natural, I can focus on driving for once!!!

Anyone else feels the same about clutch?

Cars I tried so far Yellowbird, Elise, Caterham, Ferrari GTO 84

Calle me crazy but I leave a vid drving the GTO, no ABS, heel and toe downshifting.

Quali start option has new one "Grid start" (other are; from pit and last corner).

From my point of view Clutch has been improved, no more miss shifts from 3rd to 2nd and from 1st to 2nd much much better. I usually drive with heel and toe technique and it feels more natural, I can focus on driving for once!!!

Anyone else feels the same about clutch?

Cars I tried so far Yellowbird, Elise, Caterham, Ferrari GTO 84

Calle me crazy but I leave a vid drving the GTO, no ABS, heel and toe downshifting.

Oh man! This has been needing fixed for a long time. I'm hoping this will carry to GT7.

N 2025 added to the car list. Does that mean that the car is in the game right now and can be bought?

*EDIT* Its in the coding as someone pointed out earlier. Oh boy stupid old me.

As always each update brings with it the "is the clutch better" debate. First we have.
It seems to me clutch shifting is now a lot harder
Of course we have the opposite opinion.
From my point of view Clutch has been improved.
. My opinion is no change, it still misses to many shifts. If PD did change it you would hope they would say something, but that would be admitting it was wrong in the first place.

Last edited:
Perhaps is the way each one operates the clutch but it felt more natural to me, but that is my personal opinion, in any case I appreciate the feedback gents

As always each update brings with it the "is the clutch better" debate. First we have.
. My opinion is no change, it still misses to many shifts. If PD did change it you would hope they would say something, but that would be admitting it was wrong in the first place.

This. Shifting with the T500RS is still hit or miss. Pretty irritating. No such issues with Project Cars.

Well.. that sucks then. =/

1. The audience chant when the drift score is displayed has been changed.
2. If the AI crashed on some parts of the track from CM due to the flawed track design, then the next lap the AI will slow down to +-78Mph when they approaching said parts.

Does anyone remember how updated headlights and wheels looked on Yellow Bird?
Was wondering at those looked bit better AGAIN.

What do you mean with "Touge" Tracks? Tracks made with Track Path Editor?
User made One way, "hill climb" or "down hill" tracks. A to B tracks.
You can't do laps on them as they are not connected.

As for undocumented changes. The only thing I've noticed is the player made tracks seem to have different grip levels then PD made tracks. It could just be me, but I swear my braking distance is much further on user created courses as well my corner speed is lower on them as well.

I'm not sure if this has been fixed in an earlier update but Honda S2000 LM's incorrect race number on its bonnet has been fixed.

At Eifel tracks there is a puddle texture when there is water on the track. It reflects the sky, but not the cars or other objects (not in photomode either). The texture is most visible at 100% water, and gradually fades out as the track dries. It applies not only to the tarmac but also to the grass next to the track.
Can anyone provide any pictures? This sounds more than interesting...

Back