Update 2.08 causing problems

• Thread starter Simonfitzy
  • 11 comments
Scotland
Scotland
SFitzy66
I have just updated my GT5 to 2.08 and am experiencing some problems.

Prior to the update being installed i had saved my game 3 hours into the 9 hour Tsukuba endurance race so when i fire it up now i pick up where i left off.

I have noticed the tyre wear is sorted which is good (the only thing that is good)

I have also noticed that the sound is out in relation to me revving the car, the car is horrifically slow compared with before the update and the handling is shockingly bad. All of which has resulted in some very poor lap times of a good 4 seconds off my previous lap times before 2.08 which were all very consistent.

This is very annoying and to be honest all these pointless updates are ruining a great game.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems or knows of anyway that i can cure the ones im experiencing?

You realize that they changed how your car reacts to ride height and down force right?? Re-tune your car because it's not going to be the same.

Yeah i know what your saying but thats not very handy when your in the middle of an endurance race that you can't tune the car in without quitting :-S

Simonfitzy
Yeah i know what your saying but thats not very handy when your in the middle of an endurance race that you can't tune the car in without quitting :-S

Chalk it up to bad luck. I don't know if you can uninstall the update and resume because it'll prompt you to install the update before you can play it, unless someone here knows a work-around for this?

We've known about this update for nearly a week now, me personally, wouldn't have started an endurance race until the update.

You got 2 choices, play through it OR start over! It's a risky situation to resume a game that had physics updates, it doesn't normally run well (compared to before the update).

If you got a lot of time (I'll say it in advance; doing the 3 hours again will be quicker...) you could also delete game data in the XMB menu, than re-install all patches except the latest one (when the last update starts downloading, press circle), than resume the race. It's important that you don't load your save before you install update 2.00 at least because that would probably damage your race progress file.

Then again, the deleting of game data means you lose all your photos in the game (exportable), all replays (exportable), all custom created tracks (lost forever), but you keep your items such as paints and gear because they are saved in your progress file.
You also have to recreate all your garage's icons which will take plenty of time especially if you got a couple of hundred cars. Really much time. I got 1285 cars and it took me 1 hour for the Premium cars and 2 hours for the Standards. Which means, simply exiting your race and starting from scratch with a new setup will be quicker.

You realize that they changed how your car reacts to ride height and down force right?? Re-tune your car because it's not going to be the same.

I recently read about the ride height and suspension settings being backwards. I normally adjust ride height the same front and rear but I do have many different spring rates and shock setting and some cars that I used tunes from other tuners. Does this mean that I will have to check each car individually? If so what a royal pain.

It appears to me the others changes in the update will not effect me. I am trying my favorites now to see what effect the update has had on my cars. I will report back if I find anything significant.

Wait, how do you save your progress in an endurance race? I can't even complete one a 3rd of that way without getting bored. lol

Wait, how do you save your progress in an endurance race? I can't even complete one a 3rd of that way without getting bored. lol

When you pit in there is an option that says "suspend." Hit that and it saves your progress. You can't do anything else in the game with a suspended race though.

When you pit in there is an option that says "suspend." Hit that and it saves your progress. You can't do anything else in the game with a suspended race though.
Ah, I see. Thanks! I never went through an endurance race long enough to have to pit. lol

I wish they were more like Forza's endurance races. =/

:scared: could you please explain why they changed how the cars react to ride height and down force?
What was wrong with previous patch?

Last edited:
Back