update 2.09 less sim more acade

  • Thread starter Thread starter LR-MR-Cole
  • 22 comments
  • 1,940 views
Messages
499
Messages
LR-MR-Cole
anyone notice when using a wheel (quality ones) the driving feels like its not as real feeling and has been changed to a more arcade feeling. I dont know if its me or what?
 
Dude, another fix that was not broken. Now you can flip your cars in online racing too. Over 1000 cars tuned. If it means I need to re-tune them all over again, I'll see you in GT6.
 
I didn't notice any changes in how the wheel felt. What feels different to you?
 
does this mean we are going to start seeing guys doing wheelies online?
 
I personally think its better and more realistic... tire grip and transitions are more progressive...
 
Dude, another fix that was not broken. Now you can flip your cars in online racing too. Over 1000 cars tuned. If it means I need to re-tune them all over again, I'll see you in GT6.

I've read that even tho online and offline physics were pretty close to the same now, cars still couldn't be flipped online. The degree to which they tip is increased, but they still don't flip. I read this in a thread where that very thing was tested.
 
diegorborges
I personally think its better and more realistic... tire grip and transitions are more progressive...

Agree'd.
 
After two day's now I can say that this update will effect DS3 users more than wheel users.

There seems to be more understeer overall which in some cars was it was already bad before the update .
 
does this mean we are going to start seeing guys doing wheelies online?

No, it means they'll see themselves doing wheelies online, while the rest of us see nothing. That, along with the odd laggy behavior described by those who have managed to roll or nearly roll their cars, probably gives us a clue as to why it was so heavily restricted before now.
 
So cars can roll over now?
 
grazbro
Dude, another fix that was not broken. Now you can flip your cars in online racing too.

This says otherwise. Don't tell me he posted without research.
 
This says otherwise. Don't tell me he posted without research.

Well seeing as as soon as I updated, I went to the jump track and no flip, he musnt have researched it..
 
This says otherwise. Don't tell me he posted without research.

Seems so. I just tested this myself to satisfy my own curiosity and no rollovers online.
 
I saw a guy roll four times on the last turn at Trial Mountain online last night. Spec race, RX7.
 
I saw a guy roll four times on the last turn at Trial Mountain online last night. Spec race, RX7.

Pictures or it didn't happen ... you have the replay saved ?
 
LR-MR-Cole
anyone notice when using a wheel (quality ones) the driving feels like its not as real feeling and has been changed to a more arcade feeling. I dont know if its me or what?

Not anywhere near arcade. If i must say offline physics were always better and more realistic than physics online.

rosckolove
does this mean we are going to start seeing guys doing wheelies online?

Morgoth_666
No, it means they'll see themselves doing wheelies online, while the rest of us see nothing. That, along with the odd laggy behavior described by those who have managed to roll or nearly roll their cars, probably gives us a clue as to why it was so heavily restricted before now.

Morgoth_666 is correct on this.

Take this video I made. Note me and my friend have my VW BUS stoppie/endo tune and this is what I (in the black one) had seen and on his screen basically the same cenaryo that i had seen. Watch this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbkEIAE3X7M&feature=youtube_gdata_player

and the same thing goes for wheelies and two wheels.

Spagetti69
So cars can roll over now?
No i have heard of people lagging and seeing people roll. But it has something to do with the distance you are away from them. Like the weird thing you see when visible damage is turned off and when someone if far away from you you can see damage on their bumpers but as they get closer the damage is gone.

Flogger
I saw a guy roll four times on the last turn at Trial Mountain online last night. Spec race, RX7.
Probably what i described above but if and if then. But no not that likely. I would have to see the replay to believe it. I have tried numours times to flip my cars. They stop at between 40 to 80 degrees
 
I saw a guy roll four times on the last turn at Trial Mountain online last night. Spec race, RX7.

It was probably lag. I have seen this and many weirder things online, all due to lag. If you would be so kind as to post a replay, that would be great.
 
I find drifting/powersliding a whole lot easier now even with a generic gamestop controller.
I need a wheel to be better off though.
 
After two day's now I can say that this update will effect DS3 users more than wheel users.

There seems to be more understeer overall which in some cars was it was already bad before the update .

Most real world non-tuned street cars have huge understeer, mostly because of suspension setting set to comfy ride not racing... even if you tune your suspension a bit, it will still understeer.. even 2 door sport coupe have those problems in real world and if it is FF then its even worse.. I own Honda Prelude and its FF sports coupe, it have hard suspension and good engine.. still I have understeer even driving fairly slow in a corner.. in wet understeer is massive.. and I had that with all cars, you have to drive in a corner in a speed what your chosen car can afford, different cars can do it in different speed, according to suspension, aerodynamics and weight etc.
 
it will be rare to see a roll over online, as most people drive with lowered suspension. Raise the height, you will be much more prone to roll over, as I have nearly rolled a Ferrari 458 3 times in a row on the last right hander leading to the final straight. I didn't purposely try to roll harder, I was trying to save my virtual life, but I might just try to roll it, what the hay.
 
anyone notice when using a wheel (quality ones) the driving feels like its not as real feeling and has been changed to a more arcade feeling. I dont know if its me or what?

How high are you broski?

I tried playing online and I was delighted to find that it was handling alot more like the seasonal time trial which is where I've done 90% of my gt miles.

The cars have less of a tendency to 'push-over' the front tyres.
 
How high are you broski?

I tried playing online and I was delighted to find that it was handling alot more like the seasonal time trial which is where I've done 90% of my gt miles.

The cars have less of a tendency to 'push-over' the front tyres.
That's irrelevant, because I felt a change for the better within the first km. :D
 
Back