Update 1.15 has ROOTED the wheel Force Feedback

On the Fanatec DD Pro switching to PS Compatibility mode “fixes” it. I hope this is a bug, FFB feels absolutely terrible in normal mode
I heard it’s still a floaty and lacks detail but just adds the weight back?

Last edited:
Wild that they've managed to make the FFB worse for two updates in a row. If they thought it was too strong for some people, they could've just posted a notice to turn down the settings if user desires that. That could've left multiple groups happy. Now there's no good way to have it stronger as compatibility mode kills the game sponsored wheel switches. Insane. I have other wheels, but that is still insane to break it so badly for the game associated DD Pro that you have to use it as an older wheelbase and kill the new wheel features.

Wild that they've managed to make the FFB worse for two updates in a row. If they thought it was too strong for some people, they could've just posted a notice to turn down the settings if user desires that. That could've left multiple groups happy. Now there's no good way to have it stronger as compatibility mode kills the game sponsored wheel switches. Insane. I have other wheels, but that is still insane to break it so badly for the game associated DD Pro that you have to use it as an older wheelbase and kill the new wheel features.
Typical PD, do people even play other racing games and realize how bad GT has become ?

Driving with a T-GT and the wheel feels spongy floaty and disconnected. There's no feeling whatsoever anymore even when maxing torque and sensitivity. Easily the worst update PD has put out for this game.

Why??
I am using the T-GT 2 and my settings were sensitivity 7 and torque 4. After the update there was virtually no FFB on this setting.
After a bit of testing I have changed the torque to 8/9 and it is heaps better.
I have noticed that the torque variation is now much broader and weight transfer is more noticeable. You can really feel the steering load up on certain corners depending on how close to the edge of grip you are.
At first I thought it was terrible to the point that I reset the ps5 thinking it had glitched.
I would be surprised if there was a difference between the T-GT and the T-GT 2 so I would recommend playing around with the FFB torque and try some different car/track combinations.

I am using the T-GT 2 and my settings were sensitivity 7 and torque 4. After the update there was virtually no FFB on this setting.
After a bit of testing I have changed the torque to 8/9 and it is heaps better.
I have noticed that the torque variation is now much broader and weight transfer is more noticeable. You can really feel the steering load up on certain corners depending on how close to the edge of grip you are.
At first I thought it was terrible to the point that I reset the ps5 thinking it had glitched.
I would be surprised if there was a difference between the T-GT and the T-GT 2 so I would recommend playing around with the FFB torque and try some different car/track combinations.

Well I started at 5/5, felt almost nothing, maxed it to 10/10, just a tickle in turn-in, nothing mid corner. Pretty much feels like a G29 in GT sport on 1/1.

Typical PD, do people even play other racing games and realize how bad GT has become ?
If you switched from F1 2021 to GT7 back to back it was immediately noticeable before. Now it's just insane. I can see people going forward buying the Fanatec GT Pro bundle and GT7 with no previous experience and returning the Fanatec thinking it's the one that sucks if they don't try any other games. And many won't even know to try compatibility mode as they'll assume PS5 mode should be the go to for GT7 (as it was and still should be).

T-GT user and it's been destroyed. I've tried a few different cars, obviously messed around with the torque and sensitivity settings and it's no good at all

They say in their blurb "if you have violent vibration, turn the settings down", why not just leave it at that instead of forcing the settings down to a level I can only think is equivalent to about level two pre-patch?

Won't be playing the game at all until this is fixed. What led to the 'addiction' to firstly GTS and now GT7 was the way everything felt when using a wheel, now I don't feel a thing. Time to test other racers I think

T-GT user here and yep same lack of strength and feel as what others are describing here (3 Strength / 10 Sensitivity). Would be interested to hear any non T-GT or Fanatec DD users chime in as I have not heard anyone complaining about FFB in online lobbies thus far and T-GT / DD users are probably a minority so im interested to hear more from others.

If you switched from F1 2021 to GT7 back to back it was immediately noticeable before. Now it's just insane. I can see people going forward buying the Fanatec GT Pro bundle and GT7 with no previous experience and returning the Fanatec thinking it's the one that sucks if they don't try any other games. And many won't even know to try compatibility mode as they'll assume PS5 mode should be the go to for GT7 (as it was and still should be).
I play on a controller and most AAA racing games are better than GT now it's just so so sad

I use a DD Pro with Fanatec recommended settings.

Only ever encountered wheel shaking when on secret route X going 350mph with the tomahawk. It was definitely uncomfortable, but unless there's a hidden audience who loves to go at that sort of speed, where else was shaking occurring? (also I noticed that if I leaned forward and braced my elbows against my legs, the shaking would disappear entirely, I could control it easily with one hand. So was it a feedback loop issue of amplifying tiny movements, I wonder? And since the change affected both Thrustmaster and Fanatec wheels, I'm inclined to think this is entirely on PD's end rather than the wheel manufacturers)

This feels like a massive overreaction to a tiny issue. A bit like when that one Pokémon episode aired and caused seizures, the episode was not only pulled from rebroadcast, but for decades afterwards many anime studios sharply dimmed all scenes with any amount of bright moving effects (don't know if they still do, I've since dropped off anime watching, but it was there in the first few seasons of My Hero Academia). It was really awful, made me think my TV was broken at first.

Fingers crossed they revert this, ugh.

Last edited:
DD Pro user, and yeah, this is pretty bad. I have Torque maxed on the wheel, Linear response so I can feel some onset of it, and FFB Strength maxed in GT7 and it's stunning how weak it is. As others have said, equivalent to 1 or 2 in the past. I fully expect a micro update in a few days, because this is atrocious. I'll just tough it out till then.

Same problem here with the t300...
I have the value 7/7 and the ffb is different compared to the patch before.
Seems too light 🤬🤬🤬

Last edited:
This is why I still use controller, too many software inputs/interactions will confuse the system. You have the wheel settings fighting with GT7 settings on top of the GT7 update then the ps platform has to make sense of it all, too much for any hardware/software to overcome

Last edited:
This is why I still use controller, too many software inputs/interactions will confuse the system. You have the wheel settings fighting with GT7 settings on top of the GT7 update then the ps platform has to make sense of it all, too much for any hardware/software to overcome
It worked well on initial release. They just needed to leave it alone. Other games have it figured out on console, and this was good on release day. They've made it progressively worse since then. DD Pro compatibility mode still works reasonably well, so clearly given all of the above it is not insurmountable.

Last edited:
Back