[UPDATE #4] H-Style Gear & Clutch for GT4 w/Pictures

• Thread starter Dimitrov
  • 33 comments
Holy **** this is awesome :D

I've built my own cockpit and have thought about rigging up an e-brake handle, but you guys are taking it to the next level 👍

When it comes to electricity and wiring I'm WAY out of my league, so when somebody comes up with a working system here for a shifter & clutch, build me a second one and I'll send you the cash 👍

i`m sorry to have to break your bubble like this, but there is an inherent problem with your design.

since the game won`t be sending feedback to your microcontroller, it wont be able to know in which gear you are.
and you will have to make sure you put your gear lever in 1st gear before every race or desynchronisation between the game and your microcontroller will occur.

realisticperson
i`m sorry to have to break your bubble like this, but there is an inherent problem with your design.

since the game won`t be sending feedback to your microcontroller, it wont be able to know in which gear you are.
and you will have to make sure you put your gear lever in 1st gear before every race or desynchronisation between the game and your microcontroller will occur.

I know.

That's why in a rolling start in, say, 3rd gear, you start already with lever position in 3rd gear too.

This is not a problem. It is reality. You never set 2nd gear expecting to run like in 4th, for example.

If any desyncing occurs, DFP is there to correct.

Back