Update comming in mid-February

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheDudgee
  • 34 comments
  • 3,357 views
Messages
16
Messages
The_Dudgee
Kaz just tweeted about the new update :)

2月中旬にアップデートされます。RT @rojn8r: @Kaz_Yamauchi when will the next GT5 update be available?


google translate:
Will be updated in mid-February. RT @ rojn8r: @ Kaz_Yamauchi when will the next GT5 update be available?

Edit: maybe this would fit better in the thred about his tweets xD
 
Seems relevant and important enough to probably warrant its own thread so it doesn't get lost in the "banter" in the Tweets thread ;)

If I was you though, I'd have spelt "coming" with one "m" and not two. Mid February should not be hyphenated either hehe - GTPlanet has pretty strict rules regarding spelling and grammar :)
 
Nice. I hope they improve on alot of stuff.
 
Damn, so that could potentially mean we have to wait another 7-14 days :(
 
You think they would have been able to add more features for online like matchmaking and extra modes? Or would that have taken longer?
 
You think they would have been able to add more features for online like matchmaking and extra modes? Or would that have taken longer?

Longer than what? 6 years....?

Unless you have some information not available to the rest of us or have premonitions, your post is a little premature since we have no idea what will be in the update. Or have you posted in the wrong thread? Maybe you should go and have a little lie down or put a paper bag over your head or something.... :)
 
Seems relevant and important enough to probably warrant its own thread...

Interludes, I know the temptation is big but please stay out. 👍:lol::lol::lol:
 
You'd think we wouldn't have to rely on google translator..
Why can't this company communicate with it's customers properly?

Sorry, not turning this into a rant, but y'know.. Jeez.

Anyway, here's to hoping for some good stuff :cheers:
 
Longer than what? 6 years....?

Unless you have some information not available to the rest of us or have premonitions, your post is a little premature since we have no idea what will be in the update. Or have you posted in the wrong thread? Maybe you should go and have a little lie down or put a paper bag over your head or something.... :)

I'm saying the time frame between the last update and when the new one is released.
 
was just about to post it

Looking forward to GT anywhere... /sarcasm
 
was just about to post it

Looking forward to GT anywhere... /sarcasm

Lets hope it isn't the only thing that will be comming out with the update. I'd be pissed if that was the case. Cross your fingers.
 
Lets hope it isn't the only thing that will be comming out with the update. I'd be pissed if that was the case. Cross your fingers.

I have a feeling this update will be rather large.
 
Im hoping for new cars:) or maybe upgraded standard to premium ones...
 
I don't care about any new cars or new tracks. I am hoping for some of the old tracks from GT2-4 to be given back.
 
I don't care about any new cars or new tracks. I am hoping for some of the old tracks from GT2-4 to be given back.

Your forgetting GT1's version of SSR11.. :sly:
 
You'd think we wouldn't have to rely on google translator..
Why can't this company communicate with it's customers properly?

I don't think this company has any interest in communicating with its fanbase/customers, translators or not. They consistently have the worst PR of any successful company on Earth.
 
I don't think this company has any interest in communicating with its fan base/customers, translators or not. They consistently have the worst PR of any successful company on Earth.

Wait, the mastermind behind the series communicating with the players is bad PR/communication?!

I can assure you, they are actually frontrunners in this department...even though sometimes it seems they do not actually apply the wishlist.

There are FAR worse game developers in the communication department.
 
No, him communicating with the players isn't bad in itself... it's his vague and ambiguous information that is terrible. Remember the build-up to the release of this game? Getting any actual information was absurdly minimal. Not there is this new content/download thing coming up. Does anyone know what's in it (aside from this odd GT Anywhere app) ?
I'd love for him to come out once and say "We're including x,y,and z in this update, and working on 1,2, and 3 for the next update, which will be released on ___ date." Maybe he could actually post on a website instead of twitter to, you know, give the impression he cares enough to communicate from someplace besides his cellphone while on the elevator.

Maybe I am just hoping for too much. :nervous:
 
No, him communicating with the players isn't bad in itself... it's his vague and ambiguous information that is terrible. Remember the build-up to the release of this game? Getting any actual information was absurdly minimal. Not there is this new content/download thing coming up. Does anyone know what's in it (aside from this odd GT Anywhere app) ?
I'd love for him to come out once and say "We're including x,y,and z in this update, and working on 1,2, and 3 for the next update, which will be released on ___ date." Maybe he could actually post on a website instead of twitter to, you know, give the impression he cares enough to communicate from someplace besides his cellphone while on the elevator.

Maybe I am just hoping for too much. :nervous:

This could be remedied with a publisher who posted public announcements every so often. Perhaps a language barrier exists, but it feels like to me that PD doesn't have much of a PR department and instead works on the game behind closed doors.

I for one look forward to any update just to picque my interest again.
 
From what I have seen leading up to and since GT5's release, PD's PR department should all be sacked.

Anyway back on topic, I learned my lesson with GT5 not to get too excited so I'm going to wait and see what comes in this update. I would love to believe that they are going to fix the AI and give us qualifying and a few tracks but we all know it's not going to happen...
 
Seeing is believing Kaz; until then whatever!
 
It'd better be a large and REAL update.
 
You'd think we wouldn't have to rely on google translator..
Why can't this company communicate with it's customers properly?

Sorry, not turning this into a rant, but y'know.. Jeez

They cant even put it in the in-game news section despite it to do with the game so you got no chance of decent communication :D
 
Next Kaz Tweet will read: It would be good to have an update in February.

Yeah, or: We are working hard on GT6, with a hopeful release date of late 2011. See you in ten years
 
It makes no sense to remove the 1.05 patch for people to download, yet leave the next patch for a week's time (assuming they're on time... we all know how they are with that...).

I hope the patch brings new life to GT5. I'm only car collecting and going online by now.
 
Back