Update Installation Problems

  • Thread starter Thread starter xpaulstuart
  • 4 comments
  • 661 views
Messages
2
Scotland
Scotland
Messages
PaulStuart1998
Hi all,

I've been a massive GT fan since GT2 and have loved every GT since. On Boxing Day, I bought GT6, and I believe it is the best game I have ever played, well it was until a few months ago.

Basically my save corrupted and the only way around it was to restore my entire PS3. I then went straight back on to GT6 to reinstall all the updates, left it over night and it was just frozen.

I then tried installing each update one by one, going into the main menu of GT6 after everyone, this worked, right up until the point an update required an in game installation, where again, it froze.

Any help would be appreciated, it's been like this since a few days before the Senna update was released and the game just seems to be getting better and better (eg Red Bull Ring, Quick Match). This is the best game I've ever bought and it's a shame it's ruined by problems like this, and the solutions on the Polyphony website don't seem to be working. Cheers
 
Hi all,

I've been a massive GT fan since GT2 and have loved every GT since. On Boxing Day, I bought GT6, and I believe it is the best game I have ever played, well it was until a few months ago.

Basically my save corrupted and the only way around it was to restore my entire PS3. I then went straight back on to GT6 to reinstall all the updates, left it over night and it was just frozen.

I then tried installing each update one by one, going into the main menu of GT6 after everyone, this worked, right up until the point an update required an in game installation, where again, it froze.

Any help would be appreciated, it's been like this since a few days before the Senna update was released and the game just seems to be getting better and better (eg Red Bull Ring, Quick Match). This is the best game I've ever bought and it's a shame it's ruined by problems like this, and the solutions on the Polyphony website don't seem to be working. Cheers
It sucks that this has happened to you! And i agree, GT6 is awesome, and i don't understand all the hate!
As to how i think you might fix it? if you are installing all the updates, then the in-game installation will take a very long time. it takes about 10 minutes for the blue bar to even appear for me with only one update. my only advice right now would be to allow it a long time to think. sorry if that's not very helpfull!
 
It sucks that this has happened to you! And i agree, GT6 is awesome, and i don't understand all the hate!
As to how i think you might fix it? if you are installing all the updates, then the in-game installation will take a very long time. it takes about 10 minutes for the blue bar to even appear for me with only one update. my only advice right now would be to allow it a long time to think. sorry if that's not very helpfull!

It's Update 1.07 that's causing the unbelievable wait, I've read through the forums and some people are saying it could take possibly hours, so when I get back home I'll try reinstalling it and see what happens, might leave it on over night if it comes to the worst!
 
Sorry to ressurrect this topic, but I'm having a problem too regarding update installation. (Yes I tried the link's solution and that didn't work.)

Ok, I'm having a.... very irritating glitch with my copy of GT6. It all started about a few weeks ago. I just got done watching my DVD copy of Godzilla vs. Biollante on my PS3. I got bored so I put in GT6. I tried hosting my typical voice chat enabled room and that wouldn't load up. When I discovered it was a voice chat enabled room glitch I first thought "No big deal." but I missed talking so I deleted my game save data and tried reinstalling the updates to see if that would fix my glitch. Well the XMB updates load up fine, but the GT6 updates.... or hotfixes, give me a failure to update installation process message. I've retried the installation process multiple times. Nothing seems to help.

I fear my copy of GT6 is dead (or worse) since other games work perfectly on my PS3. Oh & yes, I have a 500 gig super slim PS3. Any advice?
 
Back