Update!

• Thread starter brooster
  • 9 comments
I just got the 14 Meg update. The cars are louder and the vibration on dirt roads is Strong! My vibration was set to 60 percent and I changed it to 100 percent. That might be too strong.

I have it on right now and there seems to be NO VISUAL UPGRADES except rally suspension. The ride height is much higher but you cannot equip it and drive with it. So it seems like you also need to buy the DLC in order to use it. This is my guess. Too bad their stupid UI is blocking you from getting a good view of the car.

I don't know what versions people have because there is no lowder (as in lower?) and you can't even use the parts until you have the DLC.

Now seeing how they can integrate more parts into the system it pisses me off they don't do anything more with it. Sorry I had to vent.

the main menu has a rally option and some loading screens seem to be rally inspired, there are also rally tires now.

I have it on right now and there seems to be NO VISUAL UPGRADES except rally suspension. The ride height is much higher but you cannot equip it and drive with it. So it seems like you also need to buy the DLC in order to use it. This is my guess. Too bad their stupid UI is blocking you from getting a good view of the car.

I don't know what versions people have because there is no lowder (as in lower?) and you can't even use the parts until you have the DLC.

Now seeing how they can integrate more parts into the system it pisses me off they don't do anything more with it. Sorry I had to vent.

People on FM.net reported seeing a picture of the '03 Ford Focus with visual upgrades such as lights, mud flaps, etc. And the Focus is not part of the rally pack either. It's a season pass car. So being able to do the same thing to others cars in the game could be a possibility.

We'll see the full scope of things when we're able to download the expansion tomorrow.

Went home on lunch and did the update, the new loading screens look great. Rally suspension, transmissions and tires are there in the upgrades section but you can't use them yet. As far as I can tell, the visual upgrades will be in the Expansion pack, available tomorrow.

There is also a picture of a Honda (Fit I believe) decked out in rally trim. It was on the dashboard advertisement. This could possibly mean only they get to pick the cars that can be fully rally-ized instead of us wanting to build up a proper rally car of our own. Since these cars are special I would also like to see a proper interior. In the vids it all looks factory stock.

"As far as I can tell, the visual upgrades will be in the Expansion pack, available tomorrow." Someone had already stated there will not be any visual upgrades to other cars. I don't think it was totally confirmed though. I am praying it is not just 4x4 ride height and maybe a different looking offroad tire. It will be so generic of them.

Can't wait to see the full scope of things tomorrow =)

...Too bad their stupid UI is blocking you from getting a good view of the car...

I agree 100%. I actually went back to Forza 4 because I couldn't stand the views when trying to upgrade rims, etc. That and I got bored with how small the map is, and lack of things to do. But that view thing when changing rims, and other upgrades or viewing any car you have for whatever reason, just really seems stupid and there's no point why they couldn't fix it in a quick small patch.

I think GT5 has got the Forza series beat when it comes to patching the game to fix bugs. Of course, you could get into the endless argument of the glitches/bugs shouldn't have been there in the first place, but that's a topic for a different day.

I am going to wait on this DLC. In my opinion, something like this should have been a free update to the game, instead of paid DLC. The car packs I can understand, however something like this, which expands the gameplay and replayability definitely should have been free. GT5 had those spec updates which were free......

After the update the following manufactures are showing new/DLC cars

Audi
Ferrari
Ford
Lamborghini
Lancia
Mini
Mitsubishi
Peugeot
Subaru
Toyota
Ultima