-UPDATED- Gran Turismo World Tour Series (GTWTS) - Registration Open! - No More Karts

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 36 comments
  • 4,192 views
Messages
12,018
United States
Indianapolis
Messages
BrandonW77
gtwtslogonocars.jpg



Hey guys, a group of friends and I have put together the ground work for a new league and I'm ready to recruit some new members. The gist of it is that we will run low-hp cars and full-blooded race cars all in one season. Kind of combining 2 of the most popular forms of leagues into 1. Here's the details for what we're going to do.

There will be two divisions per season, with one heat/qualifying race followed by two feature races every weekend. For the first Season, Division 1 will be 400pp/low hp cars (Lupo Cups, Beetle Cups, Motul Civics, Nissan mm-R Cup) on GT original tracks, and Division 2 will be race cars (Super GT300) on real world circuits like Laguna Seca and Suzuka. Both Divisions run on Race Medium tires.

The heat race would be 4 or 5 laps and the feature races would be approx. 30 minutes each with one mandatory pit stop. Race events would last approx. 1-1.5 hours (excluding pre-race practice).

Everyone drives in both Divisions, so you'll pick a low-HP race car (either Lupo Cup's, the Motul Civic, the Beetle Cup, or mm-R) at 400pp on race medium tires and any GT300 car that's 525pp with race medium tires and race both of them through the season. I will hold tuning sessions/practice races throughout the week so everybody can get prepared.

Each season we'll switch up the divisions, adding such other flavors as Exotics, NASCAR, F1, LMP, even some Rally events. Basically everything that the game offers, from cars to tracks!



So here's what the first season will look like:



Division 1:
lupola.jpg
Lupo GTI cup/Lupo Cup/Beetle Cup/Nissan mm-R Cup - 400pp/Race Medium Tires/Race Medium Tires



Division 2:
cusco.jpg

SuperGT300 - 525pp/Race Medium Tires​
- Subaru Cusco
- Lexus WedSport
- Artia Gariya
- AEmyia RX7
- Subaru Cusco
- WedSport Celica (shows up in the UCD sometimes)
- Any GT300 car that's 525p​




---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​



Week 1: TBD


Division 1: Grand Valley East/Reverse; 18 laps

imageigss.jpg


Division 2: Monza; 14 laps

imagezbb.jpg


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​




Week 2: TBD

Division 1: Eiger norwand; 20 laps


imagemqd.jpg



Division 2: Daytona; 20 laps

imagetcsk.jpg


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​



Week 3: TBD​

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​


Week 4: TBD​

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​


All races are to be run on Race Medium Tires.
1 mandatory pitstop per race for both Division 2 and Division 3.
Race time will be 7:30 pm EST (GMT-4) on Fridays
My lounge will open no later than 7:00 pm EST for open practice
1-5 lap Qualifying Race before the first Division Race
Starting order for the first Division Race will be reverse grid from the results of the Qualifying Race.
Starting order for the second Division Race will be reverse grid from the results of the first Division Race.
Your worst race weekend will be dropped from the points, so if you have to miss an event you won't suffer in the championship.
Standard GTPlanet OLR Rules Will Be Enforced
Aids off except for ABS/TCS (optional)
Damage: Medium
Penalty: None (unless bad driving becomes an issue)
Grip: Real
Tire/Fuel Wear: On
​



I will update with more events/tracks for weeks 3 and 4 soon. If the first season is a success, the second season will probably expand to 6 race weekends. So I'm looking for some more clean drivers in the League, preferably with some league or online racing experience, and preferably using some type of wheel controller. Nothing against the DS3 but I'd like everybody to be on a similar playing field. I have created a social group for the League where we've been hashing out ideas and discussing plans, so let me know if anybody's interested and I'll send out invites to the group. I have a points structure and a list of rules and etiquette in the group. Hopefully we can do some fun racing with a great bunch of drivers!

Brandon
 
Last edited:
When will this start and what days will it be?
 
It's looking like Sunday's around Noon or 13:00 EST, but I can be flexible on that if there's a better time/day that suits members. I'm hoping (if we can gather up a handful of active members) to maybe do some practice races this weekend and start the first season the following weekend (first weekend of April).

@aceboy, I was going to send you an invite to the group today, but I didn't know how busy you are with the Low-HP league. Would that time/day be good for you, or is there a better time slot to fit your schedule?


Brandon
 
I could probably move the League races to Saturday around the same time if that day would fit peoples schedule better.
 
Just to clarify, all GT300 (@525pp/RM tires) cars are eligible for Division 3. The ones listed were just examples of the ones I could find.

Brandon
 
I'm interested but weekends are no good for me. I'll follow the thread and see what happens.
 
I might be moving it to Friday evenings around 7pm EST. Would that work better for you?
 
I'm guessing this idea might be a little too "involved" for most people to be interested in? Any suggestions on how to make it more appealing?
 
I might be moving it to Friday evenings around 7pm EST. Would that work better for you?

If that was for me the answer is no. I'm out of town every other weekend from Friday to very late Sunday so the only thing that works for me it Mon-Thu, and seeing as how 99% of race series are on the weekends I usually don't make it..lol.
 
Lose the karts, that killed it for me.


I had a feeling that might be the case. People seem to either love or hate the karts, I happen to be one that loves them but I think we're the minority. I guess eliminating the karts would probably makes things easier to organize and keep track of too. Maybe the karts could be separated out into their own sub-division that runs independently, and only people that like karts could run in that part of it.

Do others agree about the karts? If I just ran low-hp cars and race cars would a few more people be interested? I've put quite a bit of thought and planning into this, but I made sure there was lots of flexibility built into it so I could adjust things to suit more people. So I'd have no problem removing the karts if a few more people would be interested.

So if the karts are gone, each weekend we'd run the first race in the low-hp cars and the second race in the full race cars. Everything else should still work out as far as the qualifying race, race length, pit stops, and my points system would be uneffected.

Also, it's looking like somewhere in the 7:00-9:00pm EST time range on Friday nights will be the most likely time for the races. I have about 4 or 5 people lined up who can race during that time-slot. I'd like to get about 7 or 8 people on board before I start things up, and would like to have at least 1 or 2 practice events before the official season will start.

Sounding any better?

Brandon
 
Last edited:
If that was for me the answer is no. I'm out of town every other weekend from Friday to very late Sunday so the only thing that works for me it Mon-Thu, and seeing as how 99% of race series are on the weekends I usually don't make it..lol.


Well, if I get things going, I'd like to hold shorter practice races on either Tuesdays or Thursdays, so maybe you could run in those with us. I'd also like to have some one-off events like rally or NASCAR or Nordschlife Track Days during the week that wouldn't be for points, just for fun with a known group of good drivers. I work early so I'm usually only on till 9 at the latest during the week. But through the social group everybody can arrange times to race together on "non-official" race days. The main point is to meet a bunch of good drivers to race against. 👍 I can send you an invite if you want.
 
OP updated, karts are out. Only Low-HP cars and Race cars.
 
If it's on Friday evenings (later the better for me), I'll give it a shot.
 
It seems there might not be enough interest, so far. I do have 4-5 people ready to go, I think if I can get 6 or 7 that would be enough to get started. So stay tuned.
 
Last edited:
Looks like it's going to be 7:30pm EST on Friday evenings.
 
I have all the supergt 300 cars and none of them will meet the 525pp restriction. All mine are stock with no mods and they run from 530 to 540pp.

Same with the other cars, the only ones you listed that meet the 400pp restriction are the 2 Lupo's, the New Beetle, Nissan mm, and the Renault Sport cars are all well over 400pp.
 
I know. We're using ballast or the power limiter to make them meet the PP restrictions. I thought my Cusco Subaru was just under 525 stock, I might need to bump that up a tad. I've never run the Renault Sport cars, don't know what they are and they're not part of that Division.

We've done quite a bit of testing with the 2 Lupo Cup cars, the Beetle Cup car and the Motul Civic and at 400pp on Race Medium tires they are all very evenly matched and produce some great racing. The mm-R can compete with them in the right hands, but it's kind of an underdog. My goal is to get cars that are closely matched so the field stays pretty tight and we get some really good/close races. I want to focus more on driving/racing and not just tuning.
 
Ok, I have 6 people confirmed for Friday nights at 7:30pm EST so I'll probably try to get this going 1 week from tomorrow.

Anyone else interested?


Brandon
 
Might try to run some practice races tonight if anybody's interested.
 
I may be interested, check back later to this post for a signup.
 
Is TCS optional or does it have to be on?
 
TCS is optional, but I don't expect anybody to use it. Generally, no Aids other than ABS, but TCS doesn't help you get faster lap times so I figured I'd leave it available if anybody needs to use it, at least until they get comfortable with their cars.

I updated the OP to eliminate confusion.
 
Ok, I have 6 people confirmed for Friday nights at 7:30pm EST so I'll probably try to get this going 1 week from tomorrow.

Anyone else interested?


Brandon

Hey Brandon - I'd like to get in on this. PSN: xonant

-Dwayne
 
Hey Dwayne, sorry I didn't catch this last night. I got held up at work and didn't have time to get on here before I hopped on GT5. I had a lounge open for a couple hours, we had 6 or 7 people show up and had a really good time. Ran some races at Grand Valley East/Reverse and Eiger Norwand Short, really great fun! I'm going to post some pictures later.

If you're still interested I'll send you an invite to the social group and you can get in next time. I'll probably have a lounge open some time tomorrow too, so if you're free let me know!

Brandon
 
I'm giong to try to get some drivers together sometime tomorrow for some GT300 races tomorrow if anybody else is interested in checking it out. We had a great turnout last night and had some really good racing. I bet the GT300's will be just as much fun! Check here for details tomorrow.
 
Can everybody race an hour later? If people can race at 8:30 EST I will sing in.

Hope everyone can, look really fun to race in this championship

PSN: DiegoC1980
 
Back