Upgrade from G29 to T-GT II?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Niels
  • 1 comments
  • 44 views
Messages
953
Netherlands
Netherlands
Okay so I tried finding comparisons.

But they all keep saying about the T-GT II: "for that price I would buy something better" etc etc...

The point is, I have a G29. And I have no real complaints really.

But I've now seen I can get a T-GT II for the price of... a new G29 basically. So around 250,- euro's.

Does that change the situation?? Does that now make the T-GT II a real steal?

I've also looked at the G923, which was supposed to have extra sort of feedback. From curbs etc. And even vibrations from engine revving?

How does the T-GT II perform compared to the G923? I've read that the G923 is basically the updated version of the G29.

And lastly, what is the longevity I can expect from the T-GT II?
 
I've had both, and the difference is massive what comes to the overall feel. Lap times, not so much, but a FFB wheel is a FFB wheel and pedals are pedals so if you do the same inputs on both the result will be the same. You'll just get a more premium experience from the T-GT and that's always worth considering. They both have their versions of tactile feedback but it's more personal preference than anything else. I always had it turned off.

For longevity, my T-GT II lasted for four years and about 140.000 km before succumbing to a broken coiled cable in the wheelbase. Apparently its main design flaw but it's fixable.
 
Back