upgrading GT5 HUD (instrument only option)

  • Thread starter Thread starter xisco44
  • 30 comments
  • 3,717 views
Messages
83
Messages
xisco44
i want to be able to have more option regarding HUD, could we have the option to hide everything but the instruments.

i like to see my tachometer and speedometer
but dont want to see how many laps or speed per sector i loose focus

:)
 
I'm in the same boat as you. I want important vehicle information, not all that other crap (except maybe the lap counter).

Just try not to focus on the other stuff.
 
Yeah, they really do need more options for it. I was surprised by the available options.

I really want to be able to shut off the leaderboards in the race. For all they've done though, I'm not too upset about it.
 
Agree and if possible an alternative GUI would be much appreciated, what about a digital RPM counter on the right side without the red flashing gears?
 
I want this option more than anything in GT5. The Driver list on the right hand side is ridiculously oversized. most annoying thing in GT5
 
Ask rally dude to be pit boss like a boss.
 
maybe a shift light could be a red dot on the top center on the screen to reminds you to shift , sometimes on the heat of the race you loose focus
 
I think the Gear indicator is good for new drivers learning a track, but it is something that I would love to hide.....I am just not about to stick something to my monitor to cover it.
 
There should be a "HUD in cockpit" option and another setting to include standards or not (since they have no interior gauges). This will lets us remove the HUD while driving in cockpit view, but keep it for the other views.
 
This is where they could take a cue from Forza. Make all of the data in the HUD a la carte. I like to play with the HUD completely off, but some cases call for needing the tachometer. I don't like having to turn EVERYTHING on just to get it.
 
There should be a "HUD in cockpit" option and another setting to include standards or not (since they have no interior gauges). This will lets us remove the HUD while driving in cockpit view, but keep it for the other views.

totally agree, but surely it would just be easier to have an option with NO HUD Except for gauges
 
we should make this thread more EPIC AND BIGGER
this is something that could be fixed easily with a patch and would improve the gaming experience
 
I would like to be able to scale the map on the fly. Not possible to do so in online races if you have to go to the quick menu.
 
you shouldnt be running those track that you dont know online :)
 
you shouldnt be running those track that you dont know online :)

Scaling the map to see the vicinity of all cars when needed. To see when they pit, to gauge your gap on all racers and not just 1st or 2nd, but be able to scale in to navigate traffic at the same time when needed. Don't think we have spotters or a crew chief to relay that data right?
 
I would like to set the HUD to see only the lap counter and timer. This includes being able to remove userID / flags from other cars at the same time.
By the way, I would modify how time is displayed now. I think it would be more useful to read gaps this way:
- leader
- car in front
- car behind
 
I'd like to see a return of the "simple" HUD option from GT4. Removes the useless stuff, and de-clutters the screen.
 
The HUD badly, badly, desperately needs to be customisable. I play with HUD off, as I find it way too big and bright, and intrusive. Especially on a small screen, in low visibility races, it's just plain blinding.

However, in some races you need to know a few things - tyre wear / fuel level or lap number. It annoys the **** out of me that I'm given the choice between giant white and yellow hud with comedy-size leader board etc, the same thing without the speedo, or absolutely nothing.

For each element, just let us pick on/off, a few font choices, colours, opacity, position/size. That would please me endlessly.
 
Anyone else feel that the driver list is almost totally useless? I would much prefer them to list the name of the car. Especially on long races, I have no idea what car is in what place.
 
Much agreed with this. When I race in cockpit view, my rear view is useless because the leader board is so giantic. I've been preaching this from the beginning but its fallen on deaf ears. its not like this I something that would be difficult to implement either. guess poly. doesn't listen to the community as, much as they claim.
 
We NEEED more HUD settings. We, also, need more options to choose from in GT5 period.

Especially the missing ones - tire wear, visual damage - that are in some places, but not others.
 
I would like to set the HUD to see only the lap counter and timer. This includes being able to remove userID / flags from other cars at the same time.
By the way, I would modify how time is displayed now. I think it would be more useful to read gaps this way:
- leader
- car in front
- car behind

I 100% agree with this it would be way better if this info was available. If your in a midfield battle I'm not bothered how far behind the leader I am I want to know if I'm catching the guy in front and if the person behind is catching me!
 
I would like to see an option

to see the sector / lap time
lap time becoming "red" because of curve shortening
changing race position etc.
JUST FOR THREE SECONDS and then disappear, let just me, the car and the track.

Three sizes of analog instruments.
Just optional thin taskbar with digital instruments in the bottom.

All that for everyone to be satisfied.
 
I'd like to see who has just pitted like in GT3 - that is really useful when trying to work out the AI's strategies.
 
Also, would like to see who is leading the race or who is running 2nd behind me just like GT3.
 
I want the option to turn everything off but the tire wear/fuel gauges. I like to play with the HUD off, but since the fuel guage doesn't work in the cars, I have to turn everything on to do endurance races.
 
I think the Gear indicator is good for new drivers learning a track, but it is something that I would love to hide.....I am just not about to stick something to my monitor to cover it.

You can turn it off actually.

Please excuse my ignorance, but...most of these options that you all talk about are already available.

  • Map Display (full view, fix to track/car, off)
  • Scale (from 1 to 9)
  • Interior view (you can 3 different views)
  • Race info (on/off)
  • Speedometer/rev counter (on/off)
  • Suggested Gear (on/off)
  • Tyre Load (on/ff)
  • Time (on/off)
  • Driver List (on/off)

Of course, I have read every post thus far, and I do agree with pit information and other HUD options. But still, the rest of the stuff you are asking for are already available....
 
We should be able to set each individual item on or off in the HUD menu, then be able to toggle what we've chosen to display on or off in real time when driving.
 
The ability to move individual HUD components on any area of the screen is also desirable and changing HUD colors as well, call it a full custom HUD. Don't forget, auto hide HUD function that can be called up with a press of a button, a time delay is also adjustable before HUD disappear again. Another one would be scale up and down on every HUD parts ( increasing or decreasing analog dial size )
 
I would like to set the HUD to see only the lap counter and timer. This includes being able to remove userID / flags from other cars at the same time.
By the way, I would modify how time is displayed now. I think it would be more useful to read gaps this way:
- leader
- car in front
- car behind
Exactly, nothing else.. 👍
 
Back