UPnP Settings

  • Thread starter Thread starter z3phon
  • 5 comments
  • 2,628 views
Messages
3
Messages
Xephon_
Could someone please tell me what the UPnP settings under the network options in GT5P are?
There's a Mode 1 and mode 2 option there, what exactly is the difference between the two?
 
something to do with ports i think :s
 
Could someone please tell me what the UPnP settings under the network options in GT5P are?
There's a Mode 1 and mode 2 option there, what exactly is the difference between the two?

One, is mode 1!
The other is mode 2!

Sometimes mode 1 works best.
Sometimes mode 2 works best.

Sorry, couldn't resist!

To be honest no-one outside of PD and Sony knows for sure, probably!
Try them both, suck it and see!
As I said, sometimes one works better than the other, but it's a bit of a lottery IMHO.

Neil
 
Mode 2 seems to be working better for me. I notice lesser lag and I always end up having more players when I have mode 2 selected or maybe there's no real difference and its just luck that I end up with more players. :crazy:
Was just curious if I got mode 2 selected and a friend on mode 1 would we still end up in the same race or not.
 
UPnP is universal Plug and play. im no expert but i think GT5P uses it to connect to other players since there is no centralised server. Im not sure there is a "right setting" since it depends on the players you are connecting with....though like i said who knows...all i know is i had to enable UPnP on my new Router.
 
fwiw...

I had UPnP disabled in my router for over 6 months, I never knew until I went to set up some port forwards, and it had not effected my online play. For GT5P I switched off UPnP in the PS3 (otherwise I could not get online) and it also has not effected any other online play.
 
Back