[US] Seat Recommendation for Tall Driver

• Thread starter Granadier
  • 2 comments
United States
New York
Right now I'm in the middle of upgrading my sim rig and have hit a bit of a snag when it comes to the seat. I'm quite tall (198cm) and thin, so the normal sized seats don't seem to work well for me. My first attempt was ordering a Corbeau FX1 Pro which fits great through the waist and midsection...until it gets to the shoulder area where there's not enough room. Sitting fully back in the seat requires me to compress my shoulders and I know that won't be comfortable for long term racing. The seat back also ends about half-way up my head which makes it pretty bad as a head rest.

So far through searching online I've been able to find a wide version of the FX1 which has an extra 4cm in the shoulder area, but the height is the same. There also seems to be a Motamec offering (GT03) which is taller with more shoulder width. Beyond that though I haven't been able to find many offerings. Before I make another purchase and risk dealing with return shipping cost again I'd love to get some advice from people here. Have you had experience with these seats, or with finding a seat that fits taller drivers? Thanks.

Using this diagram as a reference I measured out at roughly:
B = 40cm
D = 66cm
F = 51cm
KIRKEY_SEAT_MEASUREMENTS.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I should've specified in the OP though that I'm looking for a fixed-back racing bucket which will be attached to a Sim Lab GT1-EVO though.

Back