USB Hub for original PS4

• Thread starter Qyn
  • 5 comments

Qyn

United States
United States
TPC_QYN73
Hello my extended GTP family.

Not really sure if this belongs here, but I need some advice regarding a proper USB hub for a 1st gen PS4 (not Pro or Slim). I currently have my rig set up with an external 4TB hard drive on 1 USB port, and the others are taken by my PSVR set up. My lovely wife just bought me a set of PS4 Gold headphones, and I'd really like to take my immersion experience to the next level lol. Is there a recommended USB hub that will allow me to utilize all these at once? Thanks in advance for any help you all can provide.

I'm using a 4-port USB extension by Sabrent from Amazon and it works perfectly fine so far but I had to find the right psu which was a bit annoying to find. I believe any other brand will work fine though.

I'm using a 4-port USB extension by Sabrent from Amazon and it works perfectly fine so far but I had to find the right psu which was a bit annoying to find. I believe any other brand will work fine though.
Thanks. Will I be able to plug the external hard drive directly into the hub?

Qyn
Thanks. Will I be able to plug the external hard drive directly into the hub?

I don't see why it wouldn't work. I had my two slots connected for my T300 and the Basherboards box for my V1 Clubsports while I still needed to use my PS bluetooth headset and they all worked fine! I'd probably just connect the external hdd into the original ports and have your other accessories connected to the hub if things come to worse.

Back